Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh ok so they're part of the the crackpots? I disagree.

What? I was simply providing a link to the Murder Sheet's YouTube account. What do you mean they are part of the crackpots? Who are the crackpots?

They aren't a court of law, and none of us saw any of the evidence. A couple of podcasters read some stuff, but by the very nature of what podcasts are, we didn't see a thing. Also, as I mentioned. these youtubers are not a court of law.

IMO MOO
I was actually coming back to say that without authentication, emails are considered hearsay in court per this link: How to Authenticate and Admit Email in Evidence at Trial?

Yep I do. I was answering your post where you said you take it all the way to the highest court, if the same happened to you. Wouldn't that be because you thought you should be allowed to sue them for defaming you without cause? Did I misunderstand your post?
I would absolutely be protesting if I were 100% innocent and if I couldn’t take it to court, I’d be advocating for serious changes to the legal system.

Do you know when a body temp is usually taken in a suspicious death/murder? It seems to me it would be important to do that right away, at the scene. Is this not a normal function/role of the coroner?

Fully MOO - it can be but not always; my thoughts on that (please take with grain of salt, IMO etc) is that if the body is already fully cold due to ambient temperature, they may record ambient temp and transport the body first and take a liver temp once the pathologist is in attendance. I obviously have no idea what was done in this case though, as it was a pretty extreme circumstance to find them murdered like that.

The D can't have it both ways though, which is what they're trying to do. Either he's competent and the confessions were made with a sound mind or not. They want it both ways, which in my opinion is why "POW" Ricky was never evaluated for competency when he started ramming his head into the walls and eating his own excrement. AJMO
Here's the timeline for "Ricky's" meds. I sure hope there was some psych evaluation before they gave him involuntary injections of psychotropic medication.
(SNIP)
March 23, 2023: Allen was depressed and withdrawn and said he “was not straight in the head."
April 4, 2023: Allen suffered from insomnia, hopelessness, was suicidal, and stated “death would bring relief to him."
April 13, 2023: Allen was exhibiting “bizarre” behavior, including consuming his own feces, and was suffering from a “grave disability.” The prison psychologist ordered Allen receive an involuntary injection of psychotropic medication.
April 21, 2023: Allen’s thoughts were disjointed and he was saying “strange things.” Wala discussed that he might be considered incompetent to stand trial.
May 3, 2023: Allen said he wanted to confess details of the crime.
May 18, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
May 23, 2023: Allen diagnosed as suffering from stress-induced psychosis.
June 8, 2023: Allen’s depression “at its peak,” noted trembling, knees buckling.
June 16, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
Late June, 2023: Allen’s mental health improving.
October 2023: Allen was proclaiming his innocence.
Allen’s defense team claims the confessions fall within the timeframe of Allen’s severe psychosis diagnosed by prison psychologists.

Fully MOO - it can be but not always; my thoughts on that (please take with grain of salt, IMO etc) is that if the body is already fully cold due to ambient temperature, they may record ambient temp and transport the body first and take a liver temp once the pathologist is in attendance. I obviously have no idea what was done in this case though, as it was a pretty extreme circumstance to find them murdered like that.

He may have also been in shock, as I would imagine this was his first murder, being so young. Certainly his first outdoor double murder. And children no less.

Could have forgotten a few steps just out of shock.

IMO MOO

Not quite. They need to also be able to explain away BG, as BG is on video (allegedly) with a gun kidnapping the girls at a very specific time.

So far the defense’s theory about that seems to be something along the lines of “Well, BG looks like BH so BH should be a suspect but also the murders actually happened at 4:33am the next day because BH has an alibi for when BG kidnapped the girls.”

Not exactly convincing.

All my opinion.
I do not agree with this - I don’t care that BG was there if I’m his lawyer. I care only that I show that my client wasn’t the guy at that end of the bridge. He didn’t go out across the bridge. How I do this is by creating reasonable doubt. EG: TL saw some guy by the mail box earlier that day who officer Purdy thought looked like EF (franks 1). Why would they try to explain away the video evidence that Bridge Guy was the guy who took the kids? there is a video of him saying G,DTH… It would not make sense for them to try this.

I would absolutely be protesting if I were 100% innocent and if I couldn’t take it to court, I’d be advocating for serious changes to the legal system.
All “they” (those allegedly being falsely accused) would have to do is call up a local news station and ask for an interview and counter the claims made in the legal documents. If they have nothing to hide, go for it. I don’t see any of them EVER doing this. That would be akin to opening Pandora’s Box, IMO.

What if BG looks like RAbr or JM or PW, known Vinlander associates of BH? Personally, I do not see any resemblance between BG and RA. There’s no “=“ for me there. Also, if LG’s phone got powered off 18 minutes after and these poor girls did NOT die at that point in time, BH’s alibi comes into question as well. Just MOO.

Both PW and JM are really big guys.

PW is 6'6" and 270 pounds.
There is no way that he is BG.
JMO

RA's Jail Confessions

Galipeau also testified he never documented the statements made by Allen, though he’s unsure if any of the inmates monitoring Allen’s cell did.

Wala testified Allen came to the WCF already on suicide watch, and he remained there for approximately a month. She also added that she visited with Allen — via a crack in his door — on a daily basis during that time.

(Harshman) testified Wednesday that Allen talked about religion with his wife and mother, adding he had committed “sins” and hoped he would still be able to join his family in Heaven.
The prosecution claimed some of those “sins” are Allen’s alleged involvement in the girls’ deaths.
But Allen also professed his innocence, Harshman said, even after his alleged confessions.

Here's the timeline for "Ricky's" meds. I sure hope there was some psych evaluation before they gave him involuntary injections of psychotropic medication.
(SNIP)
March 23, 2023: Allen was depressed and withdrawn and said he “was not straight in the head."
April 4, 2023: Allen suffered from insomnia, hopelessness, was suicidal, and stated “death would bring relief to him."
April 13, 2023: Allen was exhibiting “bizarre” behavior, including consuming his own feces, and was suffering from a “grave disability.” The prison psychologist ordered Allen receive an involuntary injection of psychotropic medication.
April 21, 2023: Allen’s thoughts were disjointed and he was saying “strange things.” Wala discussed that he might be considered incompetent to stand trial.
May 3, 2023: Allen said he wanted to confess details of the crime.
May 18, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
May 23, 2023: Allen diagnosed as suffering from stress-induced psychosis.
June 8, 2023: Allen’s depression “at its peak,” noted trembling, knees buckling.
June 16, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
Late June, 2023: Allen’s mental health improving.
October 2023: Allen was proclaiming his innocence.
Allen’s defense team claims the confessions fall within the timeframe of Allen’s severe psychosis diagnosed by prison psychologists.

Thank you for this. It helps to see this in print.

Libby was a big girl which is why her body was dragged while Abby was picked up and moved after he had murdered them.

So who exactly was taking them girls off to bring them back with a bunch of searchers in the area and with the weight of Libby?

It just is not logical and im sure any jury would think the same. It just doesn’t add up as a theory and would be way to risky for a murderer.

ETA - also the phone being powered down by the killer again doesn’t make any sense. The Killer would of just kept the phone instead of leaving it behind.

MOO

What if BG looks like RAbr or JM or PW, known Vinlander associates of BH? Personally, I do not see any resemblance between BG and RA. There’s no “=“ for me there. Also, if LG’s phone got powered off 18 minutes after and these poor girls did NOT die at that point in time, BH’s alibi comes into question as well. Just MOO.
If it was powered off at 18 mins then it was surely turned back on in the wee hours around 4:33am, no? Moooo

That winter gray hat with fur like fibers is interesting.

I wonder, if that was worn with the brown hoodie, could that give the illusion of poofy hair?
The sketch seems to show curls or waves. Not sure what the hat looked like - was it a curly sort of fur?

The D can't have it both ways though, which is what they're trying to do. Either he's competent and the confessions were made with a sound mind or not. They want it both ways, which in my opinion is why "POW" Ricky was never evaluated for competency when he started ramming his head into the walls and eating his own excrement. AJMO
He was competent til he wasn’t and again and again. Ever met a schizophrenic who’s ok on their meds then they come off then and they’re not ok again? Vicious cycle for so many who suffer from it! Not asserting RA has schizophrenia but suggesting that one can actually be ok and then no in a cycle (without or without meds).

What was Dr. Wala's role?

I'm not understanding why a "confession" automatically means RA wanted to plead guilty. Clearly he did not or he would have.

IMO MOO

I know that we all have our opinions, and that's just the way it is...

But, Dr Wala was someone that RA confessed to.

At one point, RA asked Dr. Wala to phone his wife. During the phone call he told her that he killed the girls.
He even requested for the doctor to stay so that she could hear it. ( Something to that wording) KA apparently hung up on him.

He told the doctor, "She doesn't believe me."

His mom told him that he was being brainwashed and to stop.

This guy had accepted his savior and wanted to be cleansed from his sins. He had come to realize that this lifetime would not reunite him with his family. He wants to have the peace of mind that he will spend eternity with them.

Can anyone imagine the feeling that comes with wanting to come clean to the people that you have let down, that have supported you and be told that you are not believed?

That is probably a big part of his breakdown.

The testimony from Dr Wala is covered in MS coverage of the 3 days of hearings.

Thank you for this. It helps to see this in print.
You're welcome. I'm trying to find a date for the part I highlighted.
(Snip from article which is dated July 4, 2023))
Allen’s defense did not dispute that Allen had made incriminating statements, but attributed them to his deteriorating physical and mental health, noting in requests to move him from the state prison, where he is being housed as he awaits trial, to a jail near Delphi, Indiana, that he had displayed symptoms of schizophrenia. Prosecutors said that they had considered “involuntary medication” to treat Allen’s symptoms, but two psychiatrists and a psychologist had allegedly deemed it unnecessary, and they also felt it wasn’t necessary to move him to another facility with a psychiatric unit.

He did it was his account. He talks about it in the link
His account authored some of the messages. But without authentication, anyone could have authored the ones he says others wrote. So far, it hasn’t gone to court, so I’m not interested in this podcast or its contents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back