Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think RA gave the phone any thought that afternoon. The fact he had been spotted multiple times, and he didn’t know if anybody could ID him from CVS, and he still went ahead with summing up his state of mind. He was on a mission that afternoon and he had one end goal.

IMO

I thought of this too but if he wore gloves then we may not have prints from him. He could also have used one of the hands of one of the kids to manipulate the phone (this is me theorizing, not based on fact). Hand over hand would have been tricky for sure but possible. As such, I wonder, did the phone have blood on or on it??

Is there anything unique about an IPhone 6 model.

Only an old pair of leather gloves is likely (slight possibility) to leave a trace behind not a new pair - if the gloves were leather.

Here's the timeline for "Ricky's" meds. I sure hope there was some psych evaluation before they gave him involuntary injections of psychotropic medication.
(SNIP)
March 23, 2023: Allen was depressed and withdrawn and said he “was not straight in the head."
April 4, 2023: Allen suffered from insomnia, hopelessness, was suicidal, and stated “death would bring relief to him."
April 13, 2023: Allen was exhibiting “bizarre” behavior, including consuming his own feces, and was suffering from a “grave disability.” The prison psychologist ordered Allen receive an involuntary injection of psychotropic medication.
April 21, 2023: Allen’s thoughts were disjointed and he was saying “strange things.” Wala discussed that he might be considered incompetent to stand trial.
May 3, 2023: Allen said he wanted to confess details of the crime.
May 18, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
May 23, 2023: Allen diagnosed as suffering from stress-induced psychosis.
June 8, 2023: Allen’s depression “at its peak,” noted trembling, knees buckling.
June 16, 2023: Allen receives another dose of psychotropic medication.
Late June, 2023: Allen’s mental health improving.
October 2023: Allen was proclaiming his innocence.
Allen’s defense team claims the confessions fall within the timeframe of Allen’s severe psychosis diagnosed by prison psychologists.

Sorry if this is already asked and answered. Does RA have a history of mental health issues? Just curious.

Hey guys just wondering if they have got their man? RA I know has been arrested, allegedly confessed but got mucky reports on that MH issues etc so would like someone to give me the rundown or consensus on what's happening with the case? Is it most likely RA and do they have the evidence? Etc. Are the police confident in conviction of RA ? I might have guessed that with the trial taking so long they maybe don't have anything too solid?

I think a murder suspect that eventually confesses, ALWAYS starts out denying guilt. So I wouldn't ignore it but I wouldn't say it meant he was innocent either. JMO

If we go back to the day RA was arrested and what was exchanged between him and Holeman it is really really strong with how RA answered.

This should actually be used in the trial as a part of his defence.

It is one of the best interviews I have ever read (even if partial) and I would actually like to view the full video recording of it.

It seems to me he was to the point and didn't delay his answers at all nor did it seem like he had to think about how he should answer. He just answered even if at times it was tit for tat.

Recently, I listened to a few other interviews involving other murder cases and in one I knew something was amiss in the first interview because she over answered and would go on about things to get them to feel sorry for her yet she didn't delay or struggle with her answers.

However, with the second interview it was just one answer (full sentences) she gave that the warning bells really went off for me and I knew then that she knew more and was involved in some way.

As it turned out - she was involved.

WIth RA that particular interview not only has him strongly stating he didn't do it, but his answers come across as to the point and matter of fact.

The trial, for me, is what will determine if he is guilty or not.

Well then, the same reasoning could be applied to RA since he hasn't been found guilty, only accused. RA has been called these names by many, and yes; (*even on here*) Who cares that it has affected his and his families lives? Criminal actions indeed. IMO
Big difference when there's evidence, including that given by RA himself, placing himself at the scene, at the time. Those four men were cleared by investigations that provided them alibis of being nowhere near the scene, at the time of the murders. It seems, by the information given by a whistleblower, that at least part of the DT knew fully well that was the case and, IMO, maliciously accused those 4 men anyway. They made sure, knowing they were false accusations, it made it into the news and SM. Yes, I would call those criminal and despicable actions. AJMO

Last edited:
That's when the phone is already on and the screen is locked. If the password is only for the lockscreen, it doesn't interfere with the ability of the phone to connect and receive messages.

However if the password is on a lower level, aka SIM card, the network shouldn't connect after a restart until the SIM card is unlocked using the 4 digit pin.

Quote:

A SIM card password is a four-digit numerical code that blocks access to the operator's network. In other words, failure to enter the correct password blocks the cell phone from making or receiving calls, sending or receiving messages, and surfing the internet using mobile data (3G, 4G or 5G).

ETA to add clarity
Yes, some people choose to password or pin protect their SIM and their phone both.

Thanks @Arkay.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. Maybe I’m just tired and can’t think clearly right now. :) I guess I just don’t feel the witness accounts are all that credible. Muddy, not bloody, tan jacket and all. Things just don’t line up for me. OBG/YBG and his “poofy” hair. For me the witness accounts are just inconsistent and therefore unreliable. JMHO
I agree with you on the unreliable witness accounts. MOO

But I'm very interested in his confessions.

IMO the witness is not unreliable because he admits he stood on Platform one and this is where the witness can place RA. The Timeline supports it being him.

So there is nobody else that can be placed on that bridge at that time. BB was not looking at him as a murder and simply a random man on the bridge. So she knows exactly where he was stood which RA doesn’t dispute as he admits he went out to the first platform.

Last edited:
Hey guys just wondering if they have got their man? RA I know has been arrested, allegedly confessed but got mucky reports on that MH issues etc so would like someone to give me the rundown or consensus on what's happening with the case? Is it most likely RA and do they have the evidence? Etc. Are the police confident in conviction of RA ? I might have guessed that with the trial taking so long they maybe don't have anything too solid?
The scheduled October trial will tell, if it happens. The trial has been delayed, by the defense and their actions, not the prosecution, numerous times. The Defense delayed a year or so in asking for a speedy trial, then they withdrew from the case, after being accused of gross negligence in chambers by the judge. Then, a few days later, they withdrew their withdrawals (even offering to represent RA pro bono) and were removed by the judge. New attorneys for RA were appointed. The old Defense lawyers went to the SCOIN and they were re-instated because the trial judge didn't hold a hearing first before removing them. The judge was also declared, by unamoumous SCOIN vote, to have no bias (the Defense has filed to remove her numerous times). Judge asked in late January, if the Defense was ready for trial. They said yes and motioned for a speedy trial and trial was scheduled, prospective jurors were sent their questionnaires. Then the Defense changed their minds and withdrew the motion for speedy trial just days before jury selection was to start. The prosecution has been ready to go throughout all of that, so I guess they feel confident in the evidence and their case against RA.

This is one case that should never be described in a nutshell. If it seems incomplete or too condensed, that's why. It's all just my recollection of events, as far as readiness for trial.

The scheduled October trial will tell, if it happens. The trial has been delayed, by the defense and their actions, not the prosecution, numerous times. The Defense delayed a year or so in asking for a speedy trial, then they withdrew from the case, after being accused of gross negligence in chambers by the judge. Then, a few days later, they withdrew their withdrawals (even offering to represent RA pro bono) and were removed by the judge. New attorneys for RA were appointed. The old Defense lawyers went to the SCOIN and they were re-instated because the trial judge didn't hold a hearing first before removing them. The judge was also declared, by unamoumous SCOIN vote, to have no bias (the Defense has filed to remove her numerous times). Judge asked in late January, if the Defense was ready for trial. They said yes and motioned for a speedy trial and trial was scheduled, prospective jurors were sent their questionnaires. Then the Defense changed their minds and withdrew the motion for speedy trial just days before jury selection was to start. The prosecution has been ready to go throughout all of that, so I guess they feel confident in the evidence and their case against RA.

This is one case that should never be described in a nutshell. If it seems incomplete or too condensed, that's why. It's all just my recollection of events, as far as readiness for trial.
Really appreciate that, my knowledge on court processes for the US is next to nothing but your descriptions do paint a picture. Thank-you. Kinda wondering why the defence has gone on like that, is that conversely a lack of confidence in their case?

Wondering what the public think as well for RA?

There is a gag order in place so I don’t think we have a comprehensive look at either side yet.
My perspective is that there is good evidence that RA is the man on the bridge who ordered the girls down the hill and killed them. However, you can see from this thread some of us have strong doubt.
I think the confessions are interesting as you say and there is likely to be a battle of experts around whether RA was experiencing a psychotic episode for the confession months. I think they are going to be integral to the case.

Maybe RA's family and his two sets of attorneys believe he's innocent because they know where he was at the time of the murders. Maybe he just can't prove it; it doesn't mean he doesn't have an alibi.
Every Defense attorney says their client is innocent. I can't think of one case where the D didn't make that statement at some point and time, unless it was self defense or something along those lines.

If RA can't prove his alibi it really isn't an alibi is it? We know from RA's own admissions he was at MHB that day during that timeframe among all the other evidence and his own confessions.

JMO

Staged makes sense, and 'moved' could mean they were dragged to a different area. But 'moved' does not necessarily mean they left the area for hours and were returned and then killed.[while people all around the were actively searching the area]
Thank you for the reply but my post that you quoted had nothing to do with them leaving the area. I was asking about the bodies being moved and staged according the the FBI/RL PCA.

Here's a question for you: If there was minimal moving of the girls' bodies post death, then when did the moving and staging happen and for what purpose?

Really interesting. I'm wondering about the other evidence from the young lassies phone now as well, any informed speculation on what else that phone had recorded? Any ideas on when these guys get this show on the road and through to trial start? I hope they got him and I don't take with the whole cult human sacrifice theory either sounds like a very local scare story, heard similar about the nicest most peacefull villages In the UK countryside, total bs.

thanks for covering me on this STG

so i guess this hasn’t happened?
Per discussion near the beginning of thread #189, poster AW, verified attorney, appears to indicate that the omnibus date was set for Feb 17, 2023. While parts of that hearing were rescheduled annd later held, I interpret that as the date and hearing has passed to present an alibi defense. Can a defense motion now be presented to change to an alibi defense? I don’t know.

Thank you for the reply but my post that you quoted had nothing to do with them leaving the area. I was asking about the bodies being moved and staged according the the FBI/RL PCA.

Here's a question for you: If there was minimal moving of the girls' bodies post death, then when did the moving and staging happen and for what purpose?
Serial killers often pose the victims. To do with the whole possessiveness that's often a part of it.

I just posted this a little while ago but I'll gladly do it again. My understanding is they sent him to Westville because that was the prison of choice for medical treatment.

Prosecutors said that they had considered “involuntary medication” to treat Allen’s symptoms, but two psychiatrists and a psychologist had allegedly deemed it unnecessary, and they also felt it wasn’t necessary to move him to another facility with a psychiatric unit.
Right up until RA had his psychotic meltdown after the State's Discovery dump. I find that another too coincidental to be a coincidence in a looooooong list of them in this case.

moo

Really appreciate that, my knowledge on court processes for the US is next to nothing but your descriptions do paint a picture. Thank-you. Kinda wondering why the defence has gone on like that, is that conversely a lack of confidence in their case?

Wondering what the public think as well for RA?
The trial will tell. It's frustrating because there's been a lot of things that have happened concerning the defense, leaked discovery to a youtuber from the defense's email (supposedly unintentional), leaked crime scene photos online to youtubers and SM from the defense's office, lack of security and betrayal of a former associate or current statigist (so it's being said but that's debatable,IMO), defense filings used to accuse 4 men cleared by LE of ritually sacrificing the girls for Odin, the Norse god.. There's RA putting himself at the scene of the muders, at the time, acknowledging seeing witnesses that saw him on the trails, and another witness seeing him on the bridge, exactly where him placed himself. There's a piece of evidence found on the ground between the victims, supposedly putting him at the crime scene (ballistics). Then there's 60+ confessions RA has made (to his wife and mother, the warden, his mental health doctor, guards and companion inmates charged with watching him on suicide watch), not under interrogation, and dozens more incriminating statements made by him.

That leads me to believe the Defense has no case and their client wants to confess. There is more to it than what I've said, very hard to nutshell it. All just my take on it, MO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back