Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for posting this.

MOO
I have no idea what to make of this. Surely many of the folks who received them will immediately go to the net and start digging. Then we now have the news reporting on the questions.

I like the possibility of letting 3rd party info in. I also like this question; it will be a way to double check for honesty.
But, 13 questions get more specific to the Delphi case, asking what they know about defendant Richard Allen’s prosecution, if they’re part of any online groups or YouTube channels that discuss this case and even asking potential jurors what podcasts they listen to.

So 600 recipients will get the juror questionnaire. All recipients, who don't want to return it, will now despite their unwillingness know the names of 21 people, who are involved in some form, whether lawyer or PO or suspect. I don't know, how I feel about it ..... o_O
I can't help but wonder if that's not the intent of this early screener -- er, in reverse. To weed out potential jurors who have already been exposed to leaks that didn't belong in the public sphere.

JMO

I'm going with "Heathens" as an umbrella term.

ETA: It's eerily serendipitous (poor choice of word....foretelling?) that the girls would be listening to "Heathens" (reportedly Libby's favorite song IMO) on their way to the trails and then for their bodies to be found staged in such a way to suggest "Heathenism." :( I mean, what are the odds?

Life really is crazier than fiction sometimes. :(

IMO MOO
I didn't know! What an irony it is!! OMG :eek:

Lyrics

"The questionnaire asks if the potential juror has concerns about being exposed to disturbing images surrounding the death of two teenage girls and if they have any DNA, ballistics or hate crimes expertise."

DNA I get, ballistics I get, "hate crimes" I'm at a loss unless they mean all sexual crimes against women are being grouped as mysoginistically inspired?
Hate crimes may have been in reference to rumor that one of the mothers was dating outside of her race? IDK

I can't help but wonder if that's not the intent of this early screener -- er, in reverse. To weed out potential jurors who have already been exposed to leaks that didn't belong in the public sphere.

JMO
I sat on the jury of a trial (1980s). In advance, I had received a questionnaire that named the defendant and all "known witnesses" who were most likely being called to testify. The question for each of them was akin to, "Do you know, or have you ever heard of one Charlie Alpha Beta who resides in Chicken Bones Alberta? (Tick Box Yes/No)". At the bottom of the form there was a statement along the lines of, "I agree that I will not research or attempt to contact any of the above named individuals etc etc (Tick Box Agree/Do Not Agree). Advised that, if selected to show up for selection that I would receive a letter from the court by Date XX advising time/place to present myself and that if I had not received a letter by that date, I could disregard the "agreement" at the bottom of the form. Then: Signature line and date. Returned via PP envelope.

I'm guessing, small towns, rural regions and stuff, that they were weeding out any of us who knew any of the parties to the case because time/distance isn't a factor in "being local" or being possibly-related when it comes to rural. There still ended up being 30 or so of us there at court with 12 eventually being selected to sit.

I'm older than the internet so I've no idea how it's done these days, but I'd imgine news/word spreads even faster than the lightening did back in the good old days with the internet now being at play.

Nope, but give it two months. If his legal team don’t delay things once again, he will be. After all, in the past they did like to delay things by changing the goal posts. Moo

In My Opinion
They had good reason to change the goal posts. The judge's action which ended up in front of the Indiana Supreme Court set the trial back some months, which gave the P more time to collect discovery, which he has been lax on turning it over.
08C01-2210-MR-000001
An excerpt from the court record dated 8/16/2024 = a week ago.
...the Court will order the State to turn over Sergeant Cecil's report within ten (10) days of date of this order and that any new discovery be provided within seven (7) days of receipt. The Court further orders the parties to exchange a list of trial exhibits by October 1, 2024.

Actually, during the 3 Day hearings (Source MS), when the D-Team claimed they hadn't received this/that/the other thing, the Prosecution worked through lunch then presented the D-Team with the "receipts" for those items immediately after court resumed after lunch.

"Receipts" as in, "Here's the receipt for so & so from the Defence signing for that in January", etc etc. The Prosecution then stood and thanked them for their work.

It's just like the P stated, we can't give you the reports etc until we actually receive them ourselves.

So 600 recipients will get the juror questionnaire. All recipients, who don't want to return it, will now despite their unwillingness know the names of 21 people, who are involved in some form, whether lawyer or PO or suspect. I don't know, how I feel about it ..... o_O
My respect for WANE just went in the toilet. What's that quote from Jurassic Park...They were too busy worrying about if they could and didn't think about if they should. That questionnaire should never have been published. MO

Actually, during the 3 Day hearings, when the D-Team claimed they hadn't received this/that/the other thing, the Prosecution worked through lunch then presented the D-Team with the "receipts" for those items immediately after court resumed after lunch.

"Receipts" as in, "Here's the receipt for so & so from the Defence signing for that in January", etc etc. The Prosecution then stood and thanked them for their work.

It's just like the P stated, we can't give you the reports etc until we actually receive them ourselves.

I have no idea where your information came from. Did it come from MSM or a podcast?

I have no idea where your information came from. Did it come from MSM or a podcast?
MS 3 day hearings. It's also covered in a couple other podcasts not approved for here. It's also been discussed in here before about the D-Team just not being able to find things they were claiming they didn't have when they actually did have them.

Modified my post.

There is a picture/exhibit of a dog sitting on Richard Allen's lap in the official documents. I believe the state may have a match from that dog to animal hair found at the scene. Why else would that picture of RA with a dog be an exhibit?

Wow, interesting indeed. I don't know how JG can say no to all third party stuff and still hope to keep integrity in her career as a judge. This questionnaire seems telling, although it does seem like the creation of it (and possibly sending?) happened before the 3-day hearing. But in my opinion that hearing probably only bolstered the argument for a third party defense.

IMO MOO
Was the other questionnaire ever reported on in such detail? If so I wonder what changed from that one to this one, if anything.
MOO

Richard Allen did a great job of acting like an innocent man during the October 2022 interrogations. When asked about being the man on the bridge, he denied it. He denied it is his voice on tape. He denied it was his gun (or only an unspent cartridge) that was used in the crime.

If he really did know that LE knew he was the killer, he did a really good job of playing innocent instead of just stopping questioning and asking for an attorney. Richard Allen did eventually stop the questioning, but only when he felt that he thought that maybe they thought that he might be the killer. He even said he was willing to give them his cell phone to check out before he felt like they were trying to point the finger at him for the Delphi murders.

Before Richard Allen confessed over 60 times to the crime, he did a really good job making it appear he was an innocent man.
He certainly did! Is it possible perhaps that he is, in fact, innocent of this crime?? Because if he isn’t innocent, he did one heck of a good job acting! JMHO :)

There is a picture/exhibit of a dog sitting on Richard Allen's lap in the official documents. I believe the state may have a match from that dog to animal hair found at the scene. Why else would that picture of RA with a dog be an exhibit?

What official documents? Could you provide a link?

Has there ever been a case where the defense tried sooo hard and long to influence a prospective jury pool whole under a gag order, especially working with SM agents? The defense's desperate measures have been beyond what normal is involved and need to be circumvented in the hopes of finding a fair jury.
AJMO

Nevermind "SM Agents" (which is happening on both sides, in my opinion), potential jurors have just been given the name of the person whose fate they will be deciding a full two months before trial! Now they have plenty of time to delve in and form an opinion all on their own, without the need for "SM Agents!"

IMO MOO

MS 3 day hearings. It's also covered in a couple other podcasts not approved for here. It's also been discussed in here before about the D-Team just not being able to find things they were claiming they didn't have when they actually did have them.

Modified my post.
Ok, thanks. AND double thanks for the edit that you modified your original post. I would have thought my memory had taken on a life of its own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn
Back