Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you I just assumed that’s how you did things. That’s quite strange then to change things.

Moo

I think they do it in high profile cases to do some of the weeding out legwork ahead of time, especially since the jury will be sequestered and every day counts. IMO

I wonder what happens if they don't get enough responses from the questionnaires to provide a robust enough jury from which to choose in person once jury selection starts. Do they send out a second round of questionnaires?

JMO

Leaked to taint the jury pool? Legit but someone requested they remove it? Duped? I don't know, I've narrowed it in my mind to these 3 possibilities...

I am behind on a lot with this thread, but I am thinking what could possibly be going on with the jury questionnaire.

Earlier this year, The Defense attorney for the Idaho 4 trial sent out potential jury questionnaires that the Prosecutor and the judge believed would or could taint the jury pool.

I don't know if the same thing happened here or not, but IMO it's possible.

If this has already been discussed, I apologize.

JMOhttps://www.cnn.com/2024/04/05/us/bryan-kohberger-trial-defense-jury-survey/index.html

Last edited:
I am behind on a lot with this thread, but I am thinking what could possibly be going on with the jury questionnaire.

Earlier this year, The Defense attorney for the Idaho 4 trial sent out potential jury questionnaires that the Prosecutor and the judge believed would or could taint the jury pool.

JMO
It is possible. Even if it was a fake it could serve the same purpose imo.

Ummm let me count the ways. IMO
2 different sketches, missing phone data, what happened to the interview tapes that were tape over? Anthony Shots . RA interviewed with them the first few days and they couldn't figure out he was the dude on the video? Where is that interview? The "ballistics". The missing blood. The TIMELINE. The TOD.
Where is the geofence data?
They were looking into the Odinists first, according to discovery? Is that correct? Maybe someone can check me on that if not correct. But then suddenly all that investigation halted. Why? Solitary confinement. PCA alone could get things rammed back in appeals. The basis for the search warrant?
I could go on and on. Of course it's all MOO.

I think you are misinformed.
That’s just my opinion. A lot of this has already been ruled on.

I am still leaning toward the jury questionnaire being a fraud. One website I found last night from Indiana said to complete and return with ten days. But the one presented by the media said complete and return within seven days.

Someone put the original article here at the link: Juror questionnaire in Delphi homicide case ‘unconventional’ says legal expert.pdf

This website says to return within ten days:

The jury questionnaire has questions relating to Odinism but the judge has not decided if this is to be allowed at trial yet as far as we know, so why would they put in the minds of potential juror an issue that may not be discussed at trial.

Both: the fake thing is leaked, as intended probably. MOO
If it’s fake it’s not leaked because leaked means something the public shouldn’t have access to. It will be interesting to see if the court does or doesn’t have a response to it. You’d think they would if it was real and in contravention of some order.

I am still leaning toward the jury questionnaire being a fraud. One website I found last night from Indiana said to complete and return with ten days. But the one presented by the media said complete and return within seven days.

Someone put the original article here at the link: Juror questionnaire in Delphi homicide case ‘unconventional’ says legal expert.pdf

This website says to return within ten days:

Your link is for federal court.

JMOhttps://www.cnn.com/2024/04/05/us/bryan-kohberger-trial-defense-jury-survey/index.html

The Idaho incident was a phone survey done by the defense unbeknownst to the prosecution and court because they want a cov.

In the RA case it is a jury questionnaire to weed out potential jurors who cannot serve due to bias or being close to someone involved in the case etc. The questions on the jury questionnaire are basic questions and questions about the case submitted by both sides and approved by the judge. As Frosted Glass posted above JG has announced during hearings the questionnaires have been mailed to the Allen Co. jury pool.

Ok so what you said doesn't match your explanation. Really not wanting your home searched implied he was hiding something. But that hasn't even been asserted. He didn't even have an attorney when his home was searched. IIRC it was asked to be suppressed because there could be issued with the warrant? I can't remember. But it doesn't matter if you think there's anything incriminating or not, it's the defenses job to protect the rights of the accused. And make sure the govt does THEIR job properly. They are thing to get everything suppressed that they can because they don't know what could be used against their client
The home search was where LE obtained Richard Allen's gun. They were then able to test the weapon and match up the extractor marks found on the unspent cartridge found at the crime scene to the extractor from Richard Allen's gun. In my opinion, this is why the defense wants the search warrant suppressed. This piece of evidence is the most damning against Richard Allen because it potentially places him at the scene of the crime where the bodies were found. Other than the 61 confessions that may or may not contain details only the killer would know this is the best piece of evidence they have against him that we know of since the case and the other evidence against Richard Allen will not be made public until trial.

However you look at and however you feel about Richard Allen's possible guilt, the case was not handled very well. Even the confessions were only able to be obtained after he was arrested.

Circumstantial evidence can be used at trial and there is other circumstantial evidence regarding Richard Allen's possible involvement but most of it hinges on eyewitness testimony and theories that Richard Allen avoids roadside surveillance cameras. My opinion is that the circumstantial evidence in this case is weak, except for the unspent bullet and possibly the confessions that we do not know the details about.

The case of Deana Wild, a famous case that happened in 1987 nearly 30 years before Abigail Williams and Liberty German was also a circumstantial case that the local DA where it happened did not even want to take on so the home county DA took on the case. I think the Deana Wild case is an example of a strong circumstantial case. There was no actual proof of committing the murder, but the circumstantial evidence was very strong.

Based on what has been released to the public at this time, the circumstantial evidence in the Delphi case does not appear to be as strong. But maybe a plea deal was worked out on Friday the 23rd and none of this will matter?

The Idaho incident was a phone survey done by the defense unbeknownst to the prosecution and court because they want a cov.

In the RA case it is a jury questionnaire to weed out potential jurors who cannot serve due to bias or being close to someone involved in the case etc. The questions on the jury questionnaire are basic questions and questions about the case submitted by both sides and approved by the judge. As Frosted Glass posted above JG has announced during hearings the questionnaires have been mailed to the Allen Co. jury pool.
Ah I missed this! Thanks! If she mailed them out, then I guess maybe this is the real deal... Still weird no mention of it really anywhere else, and now more weird the original reporting outlet scrubbed it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71
Back