Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Due to the timing of the article, I think that's a strong possibility. However, I have to wonder what her expectations were. Did she expect the media to remain silent and not report on it?
Did the gag order cover prospective jurors? Was it explained in the juror questionnaire or cover letter?

Allen County Judge Fran Gull’s order applies to attorneys, law enforcement officials, court personnel, the coroner and the girls’ family members. It bars them “from commenting on this case to the public and to the media, directly or indirectly, by themselves or through any intermediary, in any form, including any social media platforms.”

Anyone violating the order could be charged with contempt of court and face a fine or incarceration, Gull wrote.

Based on @steeltowngirl's post about PA code, probably yes (meaning, Indiana would probably have a similar code). It's probably somewhere in the annals of journalistic ethics that you're to respect court directives about confidentiality, and maybe that's never been breached when it comes to jury questionnaires sent from her court.

JMO IMO MOO
This rule appears to imply privacy for the jurors’ answers, not necessarily the questions.

RULE 10. JUROR SAFETY AND PRIVACY
  1. Jury questionnaires are excluded from public access.
  2. A court may order sensitive information provided by a juror or prospective juror during an individual voir dire or side bar interview excluded from public access.

Did the gag order cover prospective jurors? Was it explained in the juror questionnaire or cover letter?

Allen County Judge Fran Gull’s order applies to attorneys, law enforcement officials, court personnel, the coroner and the girls’ family members. It bars them “from commenting on this case to the public and to the media, directly or indirectly, by themselves or through any intermediary, in any form, including any social media platforms.”

Anyone violating the order could be charged with contempt of court and face a fine or incarceration, Gull wrote.

My opinion only.
The media apparently didn't talk to any jurors, they just reported on the questionnaire. I don't think that falls under a gag order. It's likely their legal experts checked that and the access to records laws.

I have not seen any reporting that there is a cover letter or explanation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter
Back