Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Open question: did the family member of a WANE employee receive the questionnaire from court - as a potential juror themself - or - did the family member (not on juror list) request it from a juror, or from a clerk, or court officer? Maybe even received it without asking. Just showed up in their mail or email.

jmo

Good question. The family member could have even gotten it from a friend, neighbor, spouse, or a YouTuber. We don't know at this point.

JMO MOO

Open question: did the family member of a WANE employee receive the questionnaire from court - as a potential juror themself - or - did the family member (not on juror list) request it from a juror, or from a clerk, or court officer? Maybe even received it without asking. Just showed up in their mail or email.

jmo
I think it was probably given to them...anonymously.

Good question. The family member could have even gotten it from a friend, neighbor, spouse, or a YouTuber. We don't know at this point.

JMO MOO
The reporter specifically says, “a family member of a WANE15 employee received one last Friday.” I can accept that the family member actually received one in the mail and not through other means. JMO

Little too little, too late. Wonder who leaked it to WANE? One guess only...actually no guessing involved. MO
Why does it have to be a leak? Were members of the public who received the survey not supposed to to share it? Were they banned from doing so by court order? I still don't know if I believe this was a legit questionnaire sent by the courts. It makes little sense given she had not yet issued her ruling over the SODDI Defense issues yet... MOOOOOOOOO

Why does it have to be a leak? Were members of the public who received the survey not supposed to to share it? Were they banned from doing so by court order? I still don't know if I believe this was a legit questionnaire sent by the courts. It makes little sense given she had not yet issued her ruling over the SODDI Defense issues yet... MOOOOOOOOO
Maybe there were two versions prepared and they printed and sent out the wrong one, prematurely, and in error. That would sure make the judge mad!

IMO MOO Theory

Last edited:
Or maybe BR was so jovial because the DT had something to do with wanting to leak the names included on that questionnaire? It's not liked they haven't been responsible for leaking anything before. MO
I don't believe this was a "leak" at all. Is there a law / court order in place that would prohibit the media's publication of this?

2. If it was a fraudulent document (which it may have been), then it isn't a leak at all, is it? If it wasn't actually from the courts, then it certainly isn't in breech of any orders / laws imo. If it were a fraud though, could it constitute interference in an ongoing criminal case or a mischief charge against someone? Just curious.

I don't believe this was a "leak" at all. Is there a law / court order in place that would prohibit the media's publication of this?

2. If it was a fraudulent document (which it may have been), then it isn't a leak at all, is it? If it wasn't actually from the courts, then it certainly isn't in breech of any orders / laws imo. If it were a fraud though, could it constitute interference in an ongoing criminal case or a mischief charge against someone? Just curious.
According to the WANE news video, they researched and found no legal obligation not to share it. That said, I’m reminded of the saying “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”. But… it’s media. It’s what they do. Uncover the hidden.

jmo

I think it was probably given to them...anonymously.
Even if someone handed it directly to them, aren't the media allowed to keep their "sources" anonymous?

I still find it odd that it took a week for the media to report on it at all - that doc was dated Aug 5 per the link I shared upthread and will share again to avoid confusion:
Does it not strike anyone else as weird that NO ONE else seems to have mentioned it at all? Not even approved podcasters like Murder Sheets or Grey had discussed it prior to the media reporting on it (I don't follow them so I don't know if they have since done so?). If 600 of these were sent out - surely SOMEONE would have been talking about it somewhere before the news did??? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Maybe there were two versions prepared and they printed and sent out the wrong one, prematurely, and in error. That would sure make the judge mad!

IMO MOO Theory
If this document was actually from the courthouse and had been sent to 600 people in error, would we expect an apology of some sort from the court? When JG erred by not making several documents available in this case, she issued an apology and made them available within a short period of time to the public. It would seem to me that if this was an error by the court, they'd have stated so yesterday or perhaps will do so in coming days?

According to the WANE news video, they researched and found no legal obligation not to share it. That said, I’m reminded of the saying “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”. But… it’s media. It’s what they do. Uncover the hidden.

jmo
But then they pulled it post cancelled public hearing yesterday which makes me think they've been conned. If it was a legit questionnaire from the courts, and they had the legal authority to release it to the public, why would they then scrub it from their website? Without apology no less? moooo

Well, of course it would cause anguish and confusion. They want this to go to trial for their to be an end/closure in sight. The more hearings are not held or canceled, the greater likelihood this will be delayed again.

IMO MOO

Really?
The defense attorneys certainly aren’t upset about any delays.
They are the sole reason for all of the delays so far. Add to that the fact that they have been completely unprepared for every previously scheduled trial date, it’s easy to conclude that his own attorneys are the reason he is still behind bars.
The defense has known for a long time that they cannot win at trial, why they continue to torture the community, the families and even their own client is the real question.

Opinion

Even if someone handed it directly to them, aren't the media allowed to keep their "sources" anonymous?

I still find it odd that it took a week for the media to report on it at all - that doc was dated Aug 5 per the link I shared upthread and will share again to avoid confusion:
Does it not strike anyone else as weird that NO ONE else seems to have mentioned it at all? Not even approved podcasters like Murder Sheets or Grey had discussed it prior to the media reporting on it (I don't follow them so I don't know if they have since done so?). If 600 of these were sent out - surely SOMEONE would have been talking about it somewhere before the news did??? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Maybe the podcasters and YouTubers did receive a copy, but are treading carefully due to the leak, the gag order, and the drama in the courtroom a while ago with various social media players.

WANE chose to push the envelope. They have teams of lawyers to protect them, should it come to that. Aside from MS, who are themselves attorneys, only one of which is an attorney, perhaps most social media hosts do not have a legal team at the ready.

jmo
edit: correction on MS

Last edited:
Maybe the podcasters and YouTubers did receive a copy, but are treading carefully due to the leak, the gag order, and the drama in the courtroom a while ago with various social media players.

WANE chose to push the envelope. They have teams of lawyers to protect them, should it come to that. Aside from MS, who are themselves attorneys, perhaps most social media hosts do not have a legal team at the ready.

jmo

Only one of the MS youtubers is an attorney. Not even sure if he's practicing, or that he ever practiced criminal law.
ETA: It is very odd we haven't heard a peep from them. Maybe they are on vaca.

IMO MOO

Only one of the MS youtubers is an attorney. Not even sure if he's practicing, or that he ever practiced criminal law.

IMO MOO
Vacation for those two seems really unlikely. Unless they’ve started to delegate more behind the scenes.

IMO MOO
Thank you- I’ve corrected my post.

Vacation for those two seems really unlikely. Unless they’ve started to delegate more behind the scenes.

Not sure what you mean. I don't think their career choice makes them any more busy (or critical to the functioning of society) than any other worker. We all need vacations from time to time.

IMO MOO

Not sure what you mean. I don't think their career choice makes them any more busy (or critical to the functioning of society) than any other worker. We all need vacations from time to time.

IMO MOO
They release episodes all the time, attend hearings constantly it seems. I’m sure they should probably take a vacation sometime given all that…

A refresher on what Judge Gull's GAG ORDER actually covers:

12/02/2022Order Issued
The Court issues an order granting the State's Motion for Order Prohibiting the Parties, Counsel, Law Enforcement Officials, Court Personnel, Coroner, and Family Members from Disseminating Information or Releasing Any Extra-Judicial Statements by Means of Public Communication in whole, pending hearing which the Court has scheduled for January 13, 2023 at 10:00 am in the Carroll Circuit Court. Violations of this Order are punishable as Contempt of Court and subject the violator to a fine and/or incarceration.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee