Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But if so, why not just walk away, before it's even begun? Why try to control two, if you know it's going to be so difficult? Unless having two was the fantasy.

MOO

Who knows?

Possibly his compulsion to harm Libby, if that was his chief motive, was so overwhelming that nothing would stop him.

Perhaps Abby, being so slight, did not seem like an insurmountable obstacle.

It’s conceivable, IMO, that while his focus was Libby, he saw killing Abby as some perverted bonus.

And of course, even had he not particularly wanted to kill Abby, he certainly couldn’t leave her as an eyewitness if he couldn’t contain his obsession to get Libby.

Just my speculation.

The hearing will be divided into two sessions: the first will be closed to the public based on an agreement between both parties… <modsnip: copyright> MORE AT LINK…
This is weird! Has the case website thing been updated yet? Does anyone know? If not, is this an error - the date is Aug 23... and that was the date the hearing we just had (that we the public didn't even get to hear ABOUT)... was.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is weird! Has the case website thing been updated yet? Does anyone know? If not, is this an error - the date is Aug 23... and that was the date the hearing we just had (that we the public didn't even get to hear ABOUT)... was.
Update (08/23/2024): A public status hearing in Delphi murders case that was scheduled for Friday has been canceled. According to FOX59/CBS4’s Eric Graves, a private hearing started at 1 p.m., and then around 1:35 p.m., media waiting for a press conference were told the public hearing was called of.

As of 2:34 p.m. Friday, no explanation had been offered for the cancellation.

Update (08/23/2024): A public status hearing in Delphi murders case that was scheduled for Friday has been canceled. According to FOX59/CBS4’s Eric Graves, a private hearing started at 1 p.m., and then around 1:35 p.m., media waiting for a press conference were told the public hearing was called of.

Wait … media were waiting for a press conference? (Forgive me if this has been addressed.)

Because he had sick plans that day that he had probably been thinking about for ages. You don’t just wake up one day and decide to sexually assault kids and murder them.

I don’t think he did end up sexually assaulting them thankfully but I believe LE believe that was one motive for the crime. Mooooo
I think anything that involves two teens stripping at gunpoint in the woods at the command of a strange man is sexual assault by any decent person's measure.

But since the victims aren't alive to talk about it, I guess they haven't charged him because there weren't overt signs of rape.

Makes me sick.

MOO

Ty for clarifying!!

This rule appears to imply privacy for the jurors’ answers, not necessarily the questions.

RULE 10. JUROR SAFETY AND PRIVACY
  1. Jury questionnaires are excluded from public access.
  2. A court may order sensitive information provided by a juror or prospective juror during an individual voir dire or side bar interview excluded from public access.
Here is the link again because everyone seems to be missing it. The important bit bolded and red by me:

RULE 10. JUROR SAFETY AND PRIVACY
  1. Jury questionnaires are excluded from public access.
  2. A court may order sensitive information provided by a juror or prospective juror during an individual voir dire or side bar interview excluded from public access.

"Excluded from public access" means NO public access to jury questionnaires or their answers (it does not say "just the answers' are excluded - it says the questionnaires are excluded). Thanks WANE lawyers for not being able to find this little bit of legality; is WANE searching for new legal advisors yet? That bit specifically refers to "Jury questionnaires" (!!) in Indiana. :rolleyes: IE: Jury questionnaires are not included for public access.

"Individual voir dire or side bar interview" happens in the courtroom during actual jury selection and juror's responses during those phases may sometimes be kept from the public (ie: excluded from public access) too.

Here is the link again because everyone seems to be missing it. The important bit bolded and red by me:

"Excluded from public access" means NO public access to jury questionnaires or their answers (it does not say "just the answers' are excluded - it says the questionnaires are excluded). Thanks WANE lawyers for not being able to find this little bit of legality; is WANE searching for new legal advisors yet? That bit specifically refers to "Jury questionnaires" (!!) in Indiana. :rolleyes: IE: Jury questionnaires are not included for public access.

"Individual voir dire or side bar interview" happens in the courtroom during actual jury selection and juror's responses during those phases may sometimes be kept from the public (ie: excluded from public access) too.

Couldn't "excluded from public access" simply mean we're not going to be able to find it on MyCase?

Couldn't the fact that the questionnaire was published on WANE mean that the public got access to it?

"Juror Safety and Privacy" ... thanks WANE. :rolleyes:

Yes. Excellent point! :)

I guess we'd need to know what instructions/oaths the receivers of the questionnaires got. KWIM?

iamshadow21 said:
two teens stripping at gunpoint in the woods at the command of a strange man

Kindly provide a link that tells us this is what happened.

Thank you.

Wasn’t Libby found unclothed and Abby was re-dressed in some of Libby’s clothing?

I don’t think anyone believes they willingly stripped themselves for some strange man on the bridge. It seems abundantly clear that they were forced to do so in fear of their lives.

Even had they been undressed post-mortem, that seems to me to be something sexually gratifying for their murderer.

IMO

Yes. Excellent point! :)

I guess we'd need to know what instructions/oaths the receivers of the questionnaires got. KWIM?
IKWYM somewhat ...

I haven't been on for a day or so and I managed to use google to find that link to Indiana law and copied it into a post, then conitnued reading to catch up. Then I saw that another poster had found same link to law so quoted them in mine too.

When I got my questionnaire in the mail, the cover letter certainly asked that I keep the questionnaire and my answers to myself. I can't speak to what this one had in it/with it.

BUT WANE had their lawyers research (supposedly) before they released it and they couldn't find any legal reason (apparently) not to publish it, yet IANAL, and especially IANAL in Indiana and I managed to find the law in 2 minutes of googling.

Like I stated, is WANE seeking out new legal council yet? YNWIM??

iamshadow21 said:
two teens stripping at gunpoint in the woods at the command of a strange man

Wasn’t Libby found unclothed and Abby was re-dressed in some of Libby’s clothing?

I don’t think anyone believes they willingly stripped themselves for some strange man on the bridge. It seems abundantly clear that they were forced to do so in fear of their lives.

Even had they been undressed post-mortem, that seems to me to be something sexually gratifying for their murderer.

IMO
Yes. They were stripped and Libby remained unclothed, Abby was dressed in some of Libby's clothes.

Source: (one of multiple and discussed for eons in this thread) Three Day hearings where the blood spatter expert testified that Abby probably redressed herself (into two bras and hoodie and Libby's pants) prior to her murder as the blood was contained to the neck area of the hoodie. Stated that the offender did not redress her after the murder or the blood would have been all over her body and not confined to the neck area. Hoodie was already there to absorb it.

MS: Three Day Hearings

Last edited:
I noticed: They were all quite friendly with each other, RA and the police. Even relaxed. - Is the car another sign of relaxing or are these cars always used? I'm wondering.
this is why people have been up in arms about RA being held in solitary confinement in a maximum security state prison before his trial, let alone the fact that he has never even been convicted of a crime.

A county jail would seem like a vacation to the Bahamas after 20 straight months in a max security state prison solitary cell.

Because he had sick plans that day that he had probably been thinking about for ages. You don’t just wake up one day and decide to sexually assault kids and murder them.

I don’t think he did end up sexually assaulting them thankfully but I believe LE believe that was one motive for the crime. Mooooo
I surely hope he didn't molest them. He allegedly told an inmate he did (but it may have been the same inmate he told that he shot them which we know for a fact is not true.) I have read multiple times they were not SA'd. I agree no physical evidence of SA. Sad to say but someone can be SA'd without physical evidence. Due to the recent hearings we know they were both nude at one point unfortunately due to their blood flow patterns. To me, making them strip nude is a form of SA.

In regards to Abby possibly being redressed in Libby's clothes... it was stated there was blood on clothing/items found WITH Abby. Don't know why the word WITH but Aspen pointed out that could just mean the clothing she was wearing and.possibly the items under Abby i.e. one of Libby's shoes and Libby's phone which I believe was inside Libby's shoe.

this is why people have been up in arms about RA being held in solitary confinement in a maximum security state prison before his trial, let alone the fact that he has never even been convicted of a crime.

A county jail would seem like a vacation to the Bahamas after 20 straight months in a max security state prison solitary cell.
I AGREE, However, it was for HIS safety and psychiatric care that he was placed elsewhere.

But, Hey, if his Defense team thinks he is better off in a county jail, which would be more Unsafe and less help available to him,
well, they got their wish granted by the Judge who only favors the Prosecution team.
So, there's that !!!

Also something interesting regarding the recent hearings, It was verified that Kegan Kline's fake Anthony Shots account was corresponding with Libby on February 13, 2017. LE could see that there were some messages back and forth between them but unfortunately they couldn't see the content of those messages. LE also confirmed that they couldn't say that it was actually Kegan corresponding with Libby but someone from that household/server.

In my opinion only

I believe that defense submitted sufficient evidence of a 3rd party culprit at Fridays hearing.

That is the only possible thing I can think of for both defense and prosecution agreeing for the first part of the hearing to be private and then for the judge to cancel the second part.

This obviously would not exonerate RA, but it would change the states entire case.

JMO

I AGREE, However, it was for HIS safety and psychiatric care that he was placed elsewhere.

But, Hey, if his Defense team thinks he is better off in a county jail, which would be more Unsafe and less help available to him,
well, they got their wish granted by the Judge who only favors the Prosecution team.
So, there's that !!!
In no world is solitary confinement in a maximum security state prison better for a defendants mental health or safety than a solitary cell in a county jail.

So there’s that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416
Back