Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So these new court docs are about Dr Fiddler. She is apparently being subpoenaed by the D? I think....

But she filed motion to quash the subpoena?

Am I right? What do they want her to testify about?

Hendricks Regional Health | Dr. Jessica Fiddler | Jessica ...

Facebook · Hendricks Regional Health
20+ reactions · 2 years ago

1:42
My name is Jessica Fiddler. I'm a family physician at Greencastle Family Health. I think what makes our practice special is we're in a rural ...
interesting. I've never heard of her in relation to this case and apparently the D wants to depose her. About what? Also interesting to me that the motion to quash subpoena comes from her, and not from the state.

I had heard reference to the girls talking about which way they should go i.e. something about two ways when BG was approaching. - Source Gray Hughes/LG's cellphone

However, I have never heard that particular statement that Anna says Libby made about the trail having ended and they can't go any further. I was just wondering if this was stated by Libby at the end of that asphalt trail to the right of the bridge. Hence why I was asking about if that particular trail just ends in woods.

You may be correct though, the girls may have been referring to the bridge at that point.
Yes, to the right and east is correct.

The abandoned railroad bed continues past the south end of the bridge, leading to the houses near the trail. We assume the girls were standing at the end of the bridge when they said the trail ends here. Except it doesn't.
MOO

The trail actually does end there @shonyakay. Once one crosses over the bridge, the old train path is overgrown by brush and trees. The misconception is that the bridge crosses over only the creek - except it doesn't. The bridge actually crosses over the entire valley with the creek down in the bottom of a small portion of that valley; for a large distance, the bridge is actually crossing over land too (and the driveway etc).

I include three maps of the MHB Trail system below as reference. The first one includes numerous photos. Please note that the asphalt to the trail has been added since the murders of Abby and Libby, the trails were simply natural back in 2017.

I also attach this google maps zoomed in view of the end of the trail. The whitish area to the top of the bridge at the end of the tracks is the last platform just before it crosses over roadway N625N (the driveway to the house). You can clearly tell that the trail ends once over that driveway at that the land is now overgrown as it now becomes land encroaching upon private property.

In the I.D. program I linked here a couple of days ago....
Anna stated Libby stated, "Well the path ends here, we can't go any further." The direction their bodies were found was to the right and to the east of where Libby would have been when she captured BG video correct? Does the asphalt trail in that same direction just end in woods?
What is the I.D. program, and what is the link?

interesting. I've never heard of her in relation to this case and apparently the D wants to depose her. About what? Also interesting to me that the motion to quash subpoena comes from her, and not from the state.

It's very curious!

According to the links provided by @Cyber sleuth above, she objects to the subpoena for deposition because: 1. She doesn't live or conduct business in Carroll County; 2. she received the subpoena only 9 days before being required to appear with no notice to rearrange her busy practice schedule (and Indiana law requires 10 days); and the subpoena did not offer her mileage and other witness/statutory fees which are required by law.

The trail actually does end there @shonyakay. Once one crosses over the bridge, the old train path is overgrown by brush and trees. The misconception is that the bridge crosses over only the creek - except it doesn't. The bridge actually crosses over the entire valley with the creek down in the bottom of a small portion of that valley; for a large distance, the bridge is actually crossing over land too (and the driveway etc).

I include three maps of the MHB Trail system below as reference. The first one includes numerous photos. Please note that the asphalt to the trail has been added since the murders of Abby and Libby, the trails were simply natural back in 2017.

I also attach this google maps zoomed in view of the end of the trail. The whitish area to the top of the bridge at the end of the tracks is the last platform just before it crosses over roadway N625N (the driveway to the house). You can clearly tell that the trail ends once over that driveway at that the land is now overgrown as it now becomes land encroaching upon private property.

Do you have any actual pictures of the south end of the bridge?

I had heard reference to the girls talking about which way they should go i.e. something about two ways when BG was approaching. - Source Gray Hughes/LG's cellphone

However, I have never heard that particular statement that Anna says Libby made about the trail having ended and they can't go any further. I was just wondering if this was stated by Libby at the end of that asphalt trail to the right of the bridge. Hence why I was asking about if that particular trail just ends in woods.

You may be correct though, the girls may have been referring to the bridge at that point.
At the time of the murders, the trail wasn't asphalt. At the far end of the bridge, where the girls were ordered down the hill, there was a gate there, if I recall, I'll opine that it was a red metal gate, clearly indicating the path for public use stopped right there, and beyond that gate was entry to private property. Sure the rail bed went beyond the gate, but the old rail path passed through private land. Indeed, many wish the girls would have chosen to go that route, but at that point, or very shortly thereafter, they were, opined by me, under threat of firearm.

These were 2 girls, 13 and 14 years old. Young girls. Kids. Being threatened and ordered about by a monster on the bridge on a warm day in February, likely looking at the barrel of a 40 caliber sig firearm being waved around.

Last edited:
Now I'm not sure what asphalt trail you're talking about. A map would probably help.

It seems to be a common assumption that those words were spoken as he approached them at the end of the bridge. However, that never made any sense to me because the trail doesn't end there.
If they had been on the path on the north side of the creek, I could understand why they thought the path ended.
The trail does end there, on the South Side.
There is a small path over to West side but it is on Private Property and most of the land off South side is other private property.

I believe the "asphalt trail" that OP, @shonyakay is talking about is the paved drive under the bridge, which also leads to Private property.

The North end of the Bridge IS where the trails are connecting all the way to Freedom Bridge and there is split in main trail so it separates into the 505 trail and the 501 trail.

But all land on South side of MHB is private Property.

So YES< the path ends here and I am sure NO TRESPASSING issues from the private property owners have been instilled on many local bridge walkers.

JMO and I have been to trails and bridge.

Do you have any actual pictures of the south end of the bridge?
I've provided links and maps of the trails that show it ends, as well as the zoomed google map (from above) that shows it ends and is overgrown.

Sorry, those links will have to do. Or perhaps you have a photo of the end of the bridge that shows it is not overgrown and does not end (as was asserted earlier)?

"It's the totality of the evidence we've been developing so far that leads us to that"....that being, BG is the primary suspect. Article linked below is from Feb. 19, 2017.

A few thoughts.

DM isn't a favorite source, but actually, the article linked indicates it came from AP.

DM has a search bar. Type in "Delphi". Then click "Oldest" and scroll til ya see the first article regarding this case, and that will take you to numerous articles of what was going on in the first weeks of the investigation.....FBI, Dep't of Homeland Security, Billboards, Searches of properties long forgotten, etc. etc.

The comment above, "the totality of the evidence" is what I wanted to focus on in this post, as it is THAT evidence that, very early on, led investigators to conclude BG was their primary suspect. I believe they knew at that time, the man on the bridge, was the same man that murdered the girls at the crime scene. Question is, how'd they know that? :):):)

Ya, a lot happened thereafter, for myriad reasons, leading down various dead end paths, but the evidence they reference in this article, I opine, will be presented, along with lots of other evidence, in any upcoming trial.

Then that would mean where they ended up was probably not the intended final resting spot, right?

What do you make of the tree branch freshly "sawed?"

IMO MOO

JMO. My theory is that there was no "intended final resting place." This wasn't a planned killing. Something happened to set RA off--possibly something he overheard one of the girls say--I recall one of the girls may have said something about "the creepy guy"-- which overheard may have been enough to enrage RA and lead towards the murders.

The overkill on Libby may be the result of her active resistance. Maybe Abby was just frozen with fear and didn't try to run or resist, so her wounds were less severe.

About the sawed tree branch--I have no idea. JMO

Last edited:
"It's the totality of the evidence we've been developing so far that leads us to that"....that being, BG is the primary suspect. Article linked below is from Feb. 19, 2017.

A few thoughts.

DM isn't a favorite source, but actually, the article linked indicates it came from AP.

DM has a search bar. Type in "Delphi". Then click "Oldest" and scroll til ya see the first article regarding this case, and that will take you to numerous articles of what was going on in the first weeks of the investigation.....FBI, Dep't of Homeland Security, Billboards, Searches of properties long forgotten, etc. etc.

The comment above, "the totality of the evidence" is what I wanted to focus on in this post, as it is THAT evidence that, very early on, led investigators to conclude BG was their primary suspect. I believe they knew at that time, the man on the bridge, was the same man that murdered the girls at the crime scene. Question is, how'd they know that? :):):)

Ya, a lot happened thereafter, for myriad reasons, leading down various dead end paths, but the evidence they reference in this article, I opine, will be presented, along with lots of other evidence, in any upcoming trial.

what is DM?

I've provided links and maps of the trails that show it ends, as well as the zoomed google map (from above) that shows it ends and is overgrown.

Sorry, those links will have to do. Or perhaps you have a photo of the end of the bridge that shows it is not overgrown and does not end (as was asserted earlier)?
There are many YouTube videos as well. The south end of the trail is overgrown and ends from what I have seen. There are some foot trails “down the hill “ going up under the bridge and along the creek. But I couldn’t see anything going further south.
There is a ton of foliage and trees growing over the south end of the bridge. I think the girls felt trapped and most likely Libby had never ventured beyond that trail. Abby had never crossed it before. If they were forced to walk east through the woods and cross the creek just out of view they were probably pretty disoriented and didn’t realize CR300 and the cemetery was just north of them.
None of that could matter because they both could have been in absolute terror of a strange man with a weapon threatening harm if they didn’t comply.
all my opinion

JMO. My theory is that there was no "intended final resting place." This wasn't a planned killing. Something happened to set RA off--maybe something he overheard one of the girls say--I recall one of the girls may have said something about "the creepy guy"-- which overheard may have been enough to enrage RA and lead towards the murders.

The overkill on Libby may be the result of her active resistance. Maybe Abby was just frozen with fear and didn't try to run or resist, so her wounds were less.

They didn't say "creepy guy." At one point, Gray Hughes theorized maybe they said something like that, and it took off like it was fact.

IMO JMO MOO

what is DM?
Not the OP but I think Daily mail. Article is linked from this source.
JMO. My theory is that there was no "intended final resting place." This wasn't a planned killing. Something happened to set RA off--maybe something he overheard one of the girls say--I recall one of the girls may have said something about "the creepy guy"-- which overheard may have been enough to enrage RA and lead towards the murders.

The overkill on Libby may be the result of her active resistance. Maybe Abby was just frozen with fear and didn't try to run or resist, so her wounds were less.

Can you explain why an adult man would bring a knife/boxcutter and gun to walk a trail on a Monday afternoon?
Seems excessive IMO

Not the OP but I think Daily mail. Article is linked from this source.

Can you explain why an adult man would bring a knife/boxcutter and gun to walk a trail on a Monday afternoon?
Seems excessive IMO

He had one in his pocket from working in a retail store/opening boxes/stocking shelves?

Or it wasn't true and just another fabricated "confession" (like shooting the girls in the back).

IMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members