Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You do recall the crazy presser where the new sketch was revealed, but everyone was told not to disregard the first sketch? Not exactly a stellar team. moo I'll wait for the trial to form an opinion on RA's guilt or innocence. But just bc no one else has been charged, imoo, doesn't convince me in any way of RA's guilt. amoo
Imo they released the second sketch because the first sketch had been public for two years and they still didn't have the perp. That is just my guess.

There are similarities in the two sketches but also dissimilarities. For instance, BG in BB's sketch has a long chin. BG in the video and the man in SC's sketch has a small chin with a frown like RA. Yet both ladies say BG from the video is the man they believe they saw that day.

No wonder the FBI did not want LE to do that presser. They did it anyway. I hope we hear more about why LE thought that necessary.

Doug Carter says he can't wait to tell the story as to why they did what they did. Can't wait to hear it.

Last edited:
I just want to retract something I posted back in the other thread. I mentioned that RA told an inmate that he molested the girls and that he shot them.

According to Harshmen's (sp?) Testimony he says that he did not hear RA state this but believes this was said TO RA.

So did the Defense just lie about this?

Edited to clarify...
When Det.H stated he believes this was stated to RA maybe he means the inmate asked RA if he molested the girls and if he shot them. I am not sure. It wasn't really clear what Det.H meant by that.

Last edited:
Do his massive string of confessions give you any pause about his innocence? Just curious
Serious question, does the fact that we know for certain that at least one of those confessions was that he shot both girls give you any pause about his guilt?

Serious question, does the fact that we know for certain that at least one of those confessions was that he shot both girls give you any pause about his guilt?
Just chipping in, not OP, so just ignore if you want.

Franklin Delano Floyd told at least half a dozen different versions of how he killed six year old Michael Hughes. All horrific. All sadistic and cruel. He also told people the boy was alive and being kept and raised by others and refused to disclose his location.

Michael's body has never been found, but I have no uncertainty that Floyd killed him.

Tl;dr, a person giving multiple conflicting versions of how they killed someone or even if they killed someone isn't necessarily proof of mental illness or that they weren't involved. Sometimes, it's just that the person likes playing games and shocking or disgusting the listener. They alone know the truth. It's about sadism and control.

MOO

Not OP but yes, very much so, among many other things! JMO :)

I believe those confessions were made with intentional discrepancies (maybe advised to do so?) to take away from the credibility of the original ones made to his wife and mother.

JMO

Not OP but no we don't know for certain since Indiana State Police Detective Brian Harshman (<--- sorry misspelled his last name in my earlier post) testified that he never heard RA himself make those statements about molesting or shooting them. He testified that he believes that is what was told to him. I don't actually know if (him) means himself (Harshman) or if he is talking about RA.

Edited to delete a duplicate word.

I think "Locard's exchange principle" is facinating.
From Wikipedia it is explained that "the perpetrator of a crime will bring something into the crime scene and leave with something from it, and that both can be used as forensic evidence."

"Wherever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves,
even unconsciously, will serve as silent evidence against him.
Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothes, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint
he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects - all these and more bear mute witness against him.
This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are. It is factual evidence. Physical evidence cannot be wrong; it cannot perjure itself; it cannot be wholly absent. Only its interpretation can err. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value."
- Paul Kirk

Tick Tock Richard Allen

Justice for Liberty and Abigail

I also believe he is guilty. He found God and wanted to cleanse his soul by confessing to his family and only after their rejection did he revert. It makes perfect sense that after the monstrous act he committed, he was worried about such things with his family. It seems like his daughter has already deserted him and who can blame her, so he is literally down to his mother and wife for support.

ETA- I also see him in BG video from weight and the short stumpy legs where his leg pant doesn’t fit so it hangs.

IMO

I also believe he is guilty. He found God and wanted to cleanse his soul by confessing to his family and only after their rejection did he revert. It makes perfect sense that after the monstrous act he committed, he was worried about such things with his family. It seems like his daughter has already deserted him and who can blame her, so he is literally down to his mother and wife for support.

ETA- I also see him in BG video from weight and the short stumpy legs where his leg pant doesn’t fit so it hangs.

IMO
After his wife and mother told him not to talk about it (his confessions) and started withdrawing is when he seems to have changed course. He stated that he chose his family over God. I'd rethink that if I were him. An eternity is a long time.

I also believe he is guilty. He found God and wanted to cleanse his soul by cLEonfessing to his family and only after their rejection did he revert. It makes perfect sense that after the monstrous act he committed, he was worried about such things with his family. It seems like his daughter has already deserted him and who can blame her, so he is literally down to his mother and wife for support.

IMO
What do you make of the testimony that LE talked with the daughter's friend in regards to the box cutter?
I am almost certain I heard that mentioned by those who attended the recent hearing.

IMO
Forgot to mention, before he stated what he did about choosing his family over God, he first said he wanted to be with his family in heaven because he may not ever be with them again on this earth. That is telling imo. Only when they rejected his confessions is when he changed course.

What do you make of the testimony that LE talked with the daughter's friend in regards to the box cutter?
I am almost certain I heard that mentioned by those who attended the recent hearing.

Yes, it seemed like whatever he confessed to was enough to question his daughter’s friends. Maybe he behaved inappropriately around them or had sick fantasies over them.
I don’t believe for a second he just woke up and decided to do this off a whim. I bet there is questionable stuff in his past where he was weird around young girls and women.

IMO MOO

Interesting how people can read/hear the same thing and come to an entirely different conclusion. I guess that happens when one believes RA is guilty as opposed to seeing him living in a hellhole called Westville, being kept in solitary, occasionally tased, heckled and possibly threatened (of course there’s no audio, how convenient), fearing for his life. In that situation, I could imagine him welcoming death either by suicide or believing he may die at the hands of someone else. The thought of being with his family in heaven would be a pleasant/comforting thought given it would be unlikely he would be able to see them again on earth and a relief from what he was going through. JMO

It’s all about perspective.

I just want to retract something I posted back in the other thread. I mentioned that RA told an inmate that he molested the girls and that he shot them.

According to Harshmen's (sp?) Testimony he says that he did not hear RA state this but believes this was said TO RA.

So did the Defense just lie about this?

Edited to clarify...
When Det.H stated he believes this was stated to RA maybe he means the inmate asked RA if he molested the girls and if he shot them. I am not sure. It wasn't really clear what Det.H meant by that.
MS Three Day Hearings coverage stated that when asked about this "RA stating he had SAd the girls and shot them", Harshmen testified that RA did not state that in a confession but that those were words spoken by another inmate.

Interesting how people can read/hear the same thing and come to an entirely different conclusion. I guess that happens when one believes RA is guilty as opposed to seeing him living in a hellhole called Westville, being kept in solitary, occasionally tased, heckled and possibly threatened (of course there’s no audio, how convenient), fearing for his life. In that situation, I could imagine him welcoming death either by suicide or believing he may die at the hands of someone else. The thought of being with his family in heaven would be a pleasant/comforting thought given it would be unlikely he would be able to see them again on earth and a relief from what he was going through. JMO

It’s all about perspective.

I doubt it is that dramatic him being mostly in solitary and separated from others.

By other's accounts having had the same confinement, they say it is often very boring and depressing.

That being said, being in jail and knowing you will probably never see the light of day because (in my opinion) he knows he did it and knows they have enough evidence to convict him and send him away forever. That's got to make your behavior change dramatically.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back