Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So in his confessions he admits Motive for the murders. Also why he delayed confessing to the crimes.

Ricky’s mum very upset first time he confessed to the crime and then they started to control the narrative and was telling him to stop confessing it seems.

Page 11 and 12

Yup. He also said he didn't want his family to see the photos of "what he'd done".

So in his confessions he admits Motive for the murders. Also why he delayed confessing to the crimes.

Ricky’s mum very upset first time he confessed to the crime and then they started to control the narrative and was telling him to stop confessing it seems.

Page 11 and 12

It’s as if RA is a juvenile who got into a bit of trouble who needs his mom and grandma to look out for him. MOO

Really? Shackling him in such a way that he is unable to sign papers or even shake Lebrato’s hand? How exactly does that protect him from other inmates that “want the honour killing of him?” Giving IDOC a “C” is being rather generous, IMHO.
RA was non compliant at one point and he wouldn't remove his hands from the hand slot even when given orders to do so. RA asked Walla at one point if he should kill himself. I am sure they didn't want him to be able to get access to a guards gun etc. Yes he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law but measures have to be taken to protect the detainee and others. Everything was video recorded too btw.

With his caliber of training and experience, I am certain his opinions are accurate.

He takes information from those that were at the crime scene as well as the coroners notes into his overall reporting.

He knows his stuff.

Most of the expert witnesses would not have been on the scene.

AJMO
I was thinking the same thing about most expert witnesses not being on the scene. I doubt many expert witnesses have ever been to the scene of the crime because that would require them to be there right after the crime happened.

I was thinking the same thing about most expert witnesses not being on the scene. I doubt many expert witnesses have ever been to the scene of the crime because that would require them to be there right after the crime happened.
In all honesty, it doesn’t take an expert witness to tell you that a victim’s clothing was soaked in blood which is the exact opposite of what the defense has claimed in court filings.

My opinion only, of course.

I wanted to retract the info I posted way back about RA having said he molested the girls. Didn't that come from a Defense filing? Well come to find out, RA NEVER confessed to molesting them according to Harshman.

It seems like the Defenses claims are being debunked one by one.

Let the truth prevail.

Scanning this now - it seems that this Cicero guy was not at the actual crime scene in 2017 when the kids were found or in the days after? It seems like he joined sometime in around Feb 12, 2024? So he is only looking at photos and making his assessment / analysis? How accurate is this likely to be given he was never at the actual crime scene?
Simple. Take a look at his repertoire.

Exactly! I just read the testimony from the blood expert and he said Abby was clothed when the fatal injury was inflicted BECAUSE there was no blood on the clothing.. I mean how can you put a sweatshirt on someone that was cut in such a way that they died and then NOT get blood on it?? I am glad we can read the transcripts to see the actual FACTS and not the defense analysis of things. So many have said they can't lie, yet here we are... what is that they are saying that she was naked when killed then redressed yet the actual expert in this said the exact opposite.

Oh and the murderers went to great lengths to keep from getting blood on Abby.. how about HE (singular) inflicted the fatal wound while she was laying down and then she couldn't get up.. she bled out and the blood fell to the ground by running down her neck and so why would blood get everywhere if that was the case? It doesn't mean anyone went to great lengths to prevent her from getting blood everywhere... more dramatization to make it seem like it was several men in the woods that day.

I wonder if the defense consulted a blood expert before they wrote up their book about the crime scene or did they come up with all these "FACTS" themselves by just looking at photos and imagining the best possible scenario for their client.

Edited to add... there was blood on the clothing, but exactly where it would be if the wound was inflicted while she was laying down and it was running under her as she bled out.
He also said that Abby was never disrobed completely, that her two bras, sleeveless shirt and large sweatshirt were most likely never off...by the lack of blood evidence on those items. Her jeans/underpants/socks and shoes are not mentioned. Libby's pants are mentioned and one of Libby's shoes, which her phone was under and it under Abby. That leads me to believe the killer may have redressed Abby in Libby's pants after death.

I'm sure there are certainly things about the crime scene that LE has kept under wraps. Then there's been some, in my mind, bizarre suppositions about the scene made in the FMs. Do we know exactly, from LE, PCA, testimony or photos what clothes were found in the creek and by elimination what articles of clothing were never found?

Your post RS&BBM,
Delphi Legal Documents contained at zip file here:

On bail/bail hearings, I attach a snippit I made below of the relevent documents contained in the linked Delphi Documents Zip fle (there are 118 documents at the link). Bail was requested by Defence, Defence then requested bail hearing be delayed from 17 Feb 2023 to later date (as Defence hadn't yet received disclosure), re-set from 17 Feb 2023 to 15 June 2023. Defence then received disclosure and filed requested to Convert Bail Hearing into a Supression Hearing; that was granted by Gull.

Applicable Docs (and their file names from the zip file):
View attachment 529712
View attachment 529693
View attachment 529692

yes it was quietly dropped. my wild speculation is once the confessions dropped any hope of bail went out the window.

He also said that Abby was never disrobed completely, that her two bras, sleeveless shirt and large sweatshirt were most likely never off...by the lack of blood evidence on those items. Her jeans/underpants/socks and shoes are not mentioned. Libby's pants are mentioned and one of Libby's shoes, which her phone was under and it under Abby. That leads me to believe the killer may have redressed Abby in Libby's pants after death.

I'm sure there are certainly things about the crime scene that LE has kept under wraps. Then there's been some, in my mind, bizarre suppositions about the scene made in the FMs. Do we know exactly, from LE, PCA, testimony or photos what clothes were found in the creek and by elimination what articles of clothing were never found?
I don't believe the killer redressed Abby after death due to no transfer on her sleeves. Did he mention if the pants had blood on them though?

Also did he testify that the phone was inside the shoe or under the shoe? I've heard both.

I haven't gotten the chance to read the actual transcript yet, I have just been going by what people who attended the hearings stated.

Edited: Because I hadn't even texted a response yet before I pressed reply. Sorry.

Last edited:
Just an FYI - it is Allen's 52nd birthday tomorrow, 9/9...

Yup. He also said he didn't want his family to see the photos of "what he'd done".
Allen's defense attorneys let RA's wife and mother know when the testimony of the girls injuries was coming up and they left the courtroom. Why would they leave the courtroom?

I don't believe the killer redressed Abby after death due to no transfer on her sleeves. Did he mention if the pants had blood on them though?

Also did he testify that the phone was inside the shoe or under the shoe? I've heard both.

I haven't gotten the chance to read the actual transcript yet, I have just been going by what people who attended the hearings stated.

Edited: Because I hadn't even texted a response yet before I pressed reply. Sorry.
The blood condition of Libby's pants was not mentioned/asked. The phone was said to be UNDER Libby's shoe, which was found under Abby. It took me awhile to get through Cicero's testimony. It was brutal. God bless those sweet girls

Scanning this now - it seems that this Cicero guy was not at the actual crime scene in 2017 when the kids were found or in the days after? It seems like he joined sometime in around Feb 12, 2024? So he is only looking at photos and making his assessment / analysis? How accurate is this likely to be given he was never at the actual crime scene?
He's an expert in his fields of forensics. It's laid out in the testimony. He also did visit the crime scene with an officer that I believe had been there at the time the scene was still active. Most blood experts that testify at trial are brought in afterwards, not during the scene processing. Henry Lee comes to mind, there are others.

Really? Shackling him in such a way that he is unable to sign papers or even shake Lebrato’s hand? How exactly does that protect him from other inmates that “want the honour killing of him?” Giving IDOC a “C” is being rather generous, IMHO.
Maybe they were afraid he would grab something on the table to self harm or attack the attorney he didn't want representing him. I'm sure his own actions influenced many procedures involving RA.

Galipeau said:
Q So he wasn’t a threat to anybody, was he?
A There was some noncompliance, but not a threat, no.

Shackling RA in such a way, could in no way prevent him from harming himself if he was determined to do so. MOO

There was noncompliance so steps were taken to make sure he was not a threat, to himself or others. Not the cart before the horse. AJMO

I was just quoting what Lebrato said about his experience with RA when he and Scremin came on board. I’m not questioning who signed that letter. Obviously, it was drafted by his defense, R & B, after Gull disqualified them (without a hearing) and RA signed it. All MOO
I wonder if he was in the right state of mind to sign it? Was this when he was on medication?

Yes and I just edited my response to you to show that there was blood on her clothing, but it was UNDER her.. not all over it or where it would be if someone was trying to dress her after the fact. They saw what they wanted to see
Or maybe what they didn't want to see as it turned out? The way the blood expert testified it would have been impossible not to get blood on Abby's 2 bras, tank top, sweatshirt (the front side) and her skin redressing her after her wounds were inflicted. Leads me to believe those top items may never have been removed, just her jeans and under drawers. Just some thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back