Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know when the trial starts? Will there be cameras allowed?

“Investigators had the phone call transcribed and the transcription confirms that Richard M. Allen admits that he committed the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

Mr Allen’s wife abruptly ended the phone call following her husband’s confession, the documents state.

The most shocking of Wednesday revelations is prosecutors’ claim in an April 20 filing that Allen “admitted that he committed the offenses that he is charged with no less than five times while talking to his wife and his mother on the public jail phones available at the Indiana Department of Corrections.”

Such testimony included Allen allegedly confessing to the murders directly to his wife and mom who reportedly refused to hear him out, telling him to "stop talking about it."
Wasn't there also mention in Dr W's testimony that RA was discussing with her how he tried to confess to his family members and they wouldn't listen and now they wouldn't take his call? She let him use her phone (I had gathered so they'd pick up the phone) and RA asked her to stay and listen while he talked to them? I don't have Dr. W's testimony transcript link, does anyone?

I didn’t write that. Finding god preceded his confessions. Harshman testified about that quite extensively.
Indeed, Harshman testifed that he found God on 21 March. Allen then received discovery on 3 April, then began confessing to other staff and behaving off on 4 April (per Dr Wala's sworn testimony).

I posted in here earlier today already (Post 757), and again, a link to Dr. Wala's testimony too that came from her under oath:

Monica Wala, ... Wala said Allen exhibited bizarre behavior, including banging his head on the walls, running his head into the cell door and rubbing feces over his body. She said this behavior started April 4, a day after Allen received the legal discovery documents of the case against him. He had also had two recent visits with his attorneys, and she said that could have led to the change in his behavior. Her testimony continued that it was also that day that Allen’s confessions to other staff started.

Sworn testimony ... covered by MSM sources.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find the document/transcript where RA said/confessed he might have killed Abby. I think I read it here yesterday, but it's not in this one. Anyone know where to look?
Vern just posted links, Harshman's testimony. I believe it was also mentioned that RA said he apologized for killing Abby. I've also read it as he regretted.

"Harshman said a corrections officer overheard the defendant “apologize for killing Abby,” and that Allen wanted to, “tell the truth and be honest."

Vern just posted links, Harshman's testimony. I believe it was also mentioned that RA said he apologized for killing Abby. I've also read it as he regretted.

"Harshman said a corrections officer overheard the defendant “apologize for killing Abby,” and that Allen wanted to, “tell the truth and be honest."

It's not in those links. When I search for the word "might," it comes up 4 times, but not what I am looking for. "Abby" doesn't come up at all. "May have" comes up once.

LE were looking for sharp instruments but I
doubt that anyone, including law enforcement, even thought of a box cutter as the possible murder weapon.

Holeman confirmed that box cutters were issued to employees at RA's job.

If the State has performed tests in regards to the same type of box cutter that was issued at RA's work, and they match and/or are consistent with the girls' wounds, he's a goner.

That is something ONLY the killer would know.

I doubt box cutter is in any type of discovery in this case prio to RA's confessions. Imo.
I hear ya. Wonder how close a match it was - the box cutter I mean?

I can't answer that question, but just because the judge has issued her opinion about the theories doesn't make them any less believable to people who have believed them all along, I would imagine. She has said they can't come into the trial, but that ruling doesn't make it FACT that they are false.

IMO MOO

Okay fair enough, it’s a matter of ‘believing’.

It's not in those links. When I search for the word "might," it comes up 4 times, but not what I am looking for. "Abby" doesn't come up at all. "May have" comes up once.
Page fourteen.

In February this year, he made a statement that was documented by a Department of Corrections guard, I don’t have the report with me, but it was somewhere along the lines of he was talking to himself and he apologized for maybe killing A.W., I think. I would – to feel comfortable, I would want to review my report and make sure that that’s correct, but that’s the gist of it.

Why are you searching for the word "might"?

See below.

Page fourteen.

In February this year, he made a statement that was documented by a Department of Corrections guard, I don’t have the report with me, but it was somewhere along the lines of he was talking to himself and he apologized for maybe killing A.W., I think. I would – to feel comfortable, I would want to review my report and make sure that that’s correct, but that’s the gist of it.

Ahhh, that's it. Thank you! I misremembered the word "might." It was "maybe."

Thanks!

First time I'm hearing or seeing anything about Allen stating "he might have killed Abby".

I've only seen the linked and referenced Allen "apology for killing Abby".

I too will need a link to that particular "might have" testimony.

See below.

Thanks!
And as for the bit about honesty, the witness wasn't certain of exact phrasing and declined to give a firm answer.

Page 11

Q Okay. And in the ones that are more specific, does Mr. Allen include details that only a person involved in the crime would potentially know?
A I believe that’s correct, yes.
Q And does he ever talk about an obligation as a Christian to be honest and make things right?

A I don’t recall that exact phrasing, so I’d be hesitant to say, I’m not sure.

See below.

Thanks!

The Judge has ruled the actual confessions - word for word - will be seen/heard by the jury during RA’s trial. Harshman won’t have to strain his memory to offer a brief overview, as he did during this hearing.

There's these quotes from Harshman's testimony reported on MM. So no "maybe" or "might"

https://fox59.com/news/detective-te...nfessed-more-than-60-times-to-delphi-murders/

I was looking for the exact wording @iamshadow21 posted, which includes the word "maybe." I wanted to read the context. It's impossible to know, though, from this transcript whether Harshman meant "RA maybe said...." or "RA said 'maybe'..."

We'll have to wait for trial.

IMO MOO

The Judge has ruled the actual confessions - word for word - will be seen/heard by the jury during RA’s trial. Harshman won’t have to strain his memory to offer a brief overview, as he did during this hearing.

Hopefully only the ones that are recorded will be allowed, not the hearsay ones.

IMO MOO

IIRC she also talked about scheduling a hearing on Franks during the infamous in chambers hearing where she suggested they withdraw?

My wild speculation is during the long pause in the case, she simply went through all the filed exhibits / depositions etc and realised factually it was without merit. After all, there would not have been witnesses called at any hearing - it depended 100% on what was said in the affidavit vs the witness statements.

So if the defence did not clear that factual hurdle, then there was no need for a hearing to argue about the implications from a legal perspective

My speculation only.
She did talk about scheduling a hearing and then went on to say the D had withdrawn prior to scheduling an Oct. 31 date. However, that's when S&L came on. I don't have that transcript for that date.
We know she offered to set a hearing for S&L, which they had not asked for by the time the B&R were re-instated. On 1/22/24, a few days after B&R were re-instated, she denied the defendant's motion for a Franks hearing.

08C01-2210-MR-000001
23S-OR-00311

I was looking for the exact wording @iamshadow21 posted, which includes the word "maybe." I wanted to read the context. It's impossible to know, though, from this transcript whether Harshman meant "RA maybe said...." or "RA said 'maybe'..."

We'll have to wait for trial.

IMO MOO
Except the word "maybe" is not in the transcript.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew
Back