Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know what to make of that. I truly hope it was God speaking to him.
Statement from Dr. Wala:
March 23, 2023: Allen was depressed and withdrawn and said he “was not straight in the head."
April 4, 2023: Allen suffered from insomnia, hopelessness, was suicidal, and stated “death would bring relief to him."
police-investigator-says-suspect-richard-allen-confessed-61-times-abby-williams-libby-german-indiana/531-448654fb-7648-4951-b3e2-84b680008eb5
Dr W also testified (paraphrasing) that she felt RA was not always being truthful about his condition. So there's that to consider also. MO

Well if each TB is equal to 6 millions pages, then that's potentially 156 million pages!? That somehow doesn't seem quite right? And the DT were still saying the P hadn't given them everything?!
I truly don't think the Defense knows what it actually has and when they received it. They've played fast and loose with those questions, especially in the Franks.

The famous footnotes even state they may have been given a certain item, but haven't reviewed it. Ahhh, the famous Franks 1 heard round the world that brought them worldwide recognition according to their latest motion for the IA.

Linked here:

Adobe Acrobat

Well if each TB is equal to 6 millions pages, then that's potentially 156 million pages!? That somehow doesn't seem quite right? And the DT were still saying the P hadn't given them everything?!
Some of those files are undoubtedly other forms of media, like images and videos. Those files are significantly larger than Word files, pdfs, and spreadsheets. Nevertheless, that is a lot of data. This is the reason why I argued earlier that it wasn't irresponsible, unethical, and so on, for the defense to make arguments that the State was dealing in bad faith in their discovery responses. You have a duty as an attorney to not needlessly overwhelm your opponent with useless and cumulative discovery.

Some of those files are undoubtedly other forms of media, like images and videos. Those files are significantly larger than Word files, pdfs, and spreadsheets. Nevertheless, that is a lot of data. This is the reason why I argued earlier that it wasn't irresponsible, unethical, and so on, for the defense to make arguments that the State was dealing in bad faith in their discovery responses. You have a duty as an attorney to not needlessly overwhelm your opponent with useless and cumulative discovery.
And then the other side of that is...crying foul that they didn't give us everything, they're corrupt and hiding evidence. My choice would be to give them everything, MO

Yes, but technically, RA was not really in solitary confinement.

I have never heard of those in 'solitary' having a personal wifi tablet that they could make calls to home and friends and could listen to music and watch films and read books on. That does not sound very isolated.

I have never heard of someone in 'solitary' have trustee companions standing right at their door, to make sure they don'y self harm.

I have never heard of a prisoner in 'solitary' having a face to face visit with their psychologist every single day.
I’m not sure his case is like any we have ever had before really. It isn’t quite solitary confinement as you pointed out since he had a tablet / inmate “companions” and visits from a medical professional. But it’s also not normal for a man to be held in a prison before he’s even convicted, is it? MOOOOO

This is the first case I’ve heard of a pre trial detainee being kept as he was and it’s scary imo! If it’s ok to do this to RA then who says it can’t happen to anyone else accused of a crime? MOOOOOOOOO

And then the other side of that is...crying foul that they didn't give us everything, they're corrupt and hiding evidence. My choice would be to give them everything, MO
You are conflating issues. Prosecutors have a duty to disclose exculpatory evidence, which is what the defense was "crying foul that they didn't give us everything." Defense felt that the Prosecution wasn't doing so.

ETA: meaning wasn't disclosing exculpatory evidence

Last edited:
Millions of pages? I guess there is some evidence if they have millions of pages to fill?
Question about disclosure actually: when the State sends disclosure to the Defense, are they supposed to send the ENTIRE file with the ENTIRE history of their investigation to the point their suspect was charged and then following up as new information is added to their files?

OR:
Are they only sending things relevant to the accused?

Why I'm Asking:
If they get to pick what they want to send over to the Defense, then who makes the call on what is relevant or not? Is this the police? The Prosecutor? Some combination? A judge? If they get to pick selected things to include to send to the Defense, then at any point, is the Defense permitted to go view the actual entire file held by the police / state?

Thanks in advance.

I am of the opinion that RA committed this crime alone.

In the recent hearings the testimony of Click, Murphy, Vito etc. discuss the investigation into third party alternative suspects. Are we not going to be allowed to discuss any of their testimony here?

Snipped by me for focus...

"And it was interesting, because that change of his demeanor really began to coincide with just several days later the confessions starting."

And mostly noteworthy to me is "just several days later the confessions started"...So calculating from March 21st "several days", confessions started well before the April dropoff of discovery.

There are theories floating around that discovery documents, guards, companion inmates, Dr W or RA's attorneys/staff told him the details he included in his confessions and that somehow invalidates those confessions. Next we'll hear about the number of key sets for RA's documents locker and the people who had access to them being under suspicion.

It's just amazing throughout this case how many people have wanted to frame this average CVS working dad/husband who's never been in trouble with the law before. And there was no immediate rush to judgement on him either. RA just has to be the most unluckiest average Joe I've ever heard of and he even obliged them all by confessing 60+ times. AJMO
That is kinda how I feel about the girls really - they have to be the most unlucky kids in the state if not the entire country that day to be walking a basic trail in broad daylight, and meet their killer on the that trail. Incredibly awful and incredibly unlucky. I wonder if we will ever know if RA is the real killer or if he played some role in all of this? I wonder if we will ever know if this was truly random, or if there was some plan in place that day. :(

Question about disclosure actually: when the State sends disclosure to the Defense, are they supposed to send the ENTIRE file with the ENTIRE history of their investigation to the point their suspect was charged and then following up as new information is added to their files?

OR:
Are they only sending things relevant to the accused?

Why I'm Asking:
If they get to pick what they want to send over to the Defense, then who makes the call on what is relevant or not? Is this the police? The Prosecutor? Some combination? A judge? If they get to pick selected things to include to send to the Defense, then at any point, is the Defense permitted to go view the actual entire file held by the police / state?

Thanks in advance.
The two parties are supposed to work in good faith with each other, and to cooperate to the best of their ability. When there is a question of whether evidence is truly exculpatory, the correct procedure is to allow the defense to inspect the possibly exculpatory evidence and allow them to decide relevance. This wouldn't necessarily be the entire prosecution file, as there would be work product in it. If there are still disagreements, then you would get the judge involved.

Parties do have a continuing obligation to supplement discovery when new information comes to light.

That is kinda how I feel about the girls really - they have to be the most unlucky kids in the state if not the entire country that day to be walking a basic trail in broad daylight, and meet their killer on the that trail. Incredibly awful and incredibly unlucky. I wonder if we will ever know if RA is the real killer or if he played some role in all of this? I wonder if we will ever know if this was truly random, or if there was some plan in place that day. :(

I suspect the answer to those questions will differ for all of us after this is all over.

I feel strongly that RA is the real killer and expect trial will confirm that for me through the evidence so that I am left confident LE got the right guy and he will pay for those crimes. I hope to learn at trial what his motivations were for this, or at least the state's theory on them.

I suspect there are others who will never believe that RA is the killer and there were no other individuals involved or that some larger plan wasn't at play.

Not surprised to see these, was actually waiting on them especially the Motion for IA. IMO, this Defense is still not prepared for trial.

For all of us IANAL's:

interlocutory appeals​

The term “interlocutory” is used to indicate a lack of finality. An interlocutory appeal is an appeal of a non-final order issued during the course of litigation.
The collateral order doctrine sets forth the rules for such appeals. Interlocutory appeals are extremely rare, and a three-part test determines whether the collateral order exception to res judicata makes such an appeal possible:
  1. The order must have conclusively determined the disputed question;
  2. The order must “resolve an issue completely separate from the merits of the action”;
  3. The order must be “effectively unreviewable on appeal from a final judgment.”
I'm thinking these will be denied, but could push the trial date back if not. JMO

interlocutory appeal
What makes you think this could push the trial back? It seemed like the D wanted to get these issues sorted out before the trial begins based on them noting the Jurors wouldn't have to sit outside the courtroom or in hotels for hours / days if this was dealt with now vs at trial? Didn't seem like they were seeking to delay the trial imo - but I'm not a lawyer so maybe I have misunderstood? MOOOOO

thank you for this. So on March 21st RA is proclaiming several times that God and Jesus are his saviors after a few weeks of reading the Bible. But per the defense team he hadn't received the discovery as of Monday, April 3rd.

This solidifies my belief that RA was confessing out of guilt and not because of any possible "trauma" of reading and seeing discovery. Further, if he didn't have his discovery yet, and his confessions during that pre-receipt period contain details that only the killer should know, that serves to make me even more confident RA is the right man on trial for the murders of two girls.
If he didn't have discovery yet, then it is still possible that LE inadvertently may have given him info (I am not suggested intentional misconduct by LE). EG: in the line of questions they may have asked him or his wife at either of their interviews. They may have given some indications as to the type of injuries, or weapons that may have been used at the scene (eg: a knife / blade may have been asked about, or a ceremonial blade could have been asked about - example only!

Not saying this happened! RA may then have realized the nature of the injuries and made statements about a box cutter because a blade was suggested and he may have regularly carried one on him so that may have made sense in his mind). Again. NOT saying this is what happened, NOT accusing any LE of anything - simply pointing out how its hard to talk about a crime / ask questions of a suspect about a scene without actually giving information out at the same time, even if not intentional.

The D did asked in Motion that it be expedited ASAP. I agree, a ruling should be made right away.
So if she agrees to the motion, then what will happen? Another hearing on why third party evidence should be presented at trial or?

I wonder if each and every TB on each drive is used or if the grand total includes un-used space on each drive? I don't store every single thing on one single drive - its across many drives - some of which are thumb drives, some of which are desktop ones, so of which are inside the PC tower. None of them are used to the max capacity. Would be interesting to know if the drives have un-used space and if so, how much is not used...

Why does this not surprise me?

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. – In a move that could jeopardize the October start date for the Delphi murders trial, Richard Allen’s defense has signaled they want the Indiana Court of Appeals to overturn Special Judge Fran Gull’s decision barring them from presenting its Odinisim theory in court.

Updated: Sep 10, 2024 / 10:25 AM EDT

So if she agrees to the motion, then what will happen? Another hearing on why third party evidence should be presented at trial or?
If she grants the motion, then first the defense would file the appeal with the Appellate Court. If the Appellate Court accepted, they would make the decision on the issues regarding third party and the exclusion of the confessions. They would make a determination on their own, then order Judge Gull to comply with their order/decision.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae
Back