Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
See attached document filed 9/9

Adobe Acrobat
That's interesting but not surprising. The D seemed pretty interested in Galipeau's new job in his testimony during the 3-day hearing. IMO
Here's what B&R are requesting:

"A complete copy of the Indiana Department of Corrections employment
file for John Galipeau including, but not limited to, internal affairs
investigations or investigations conducted by any other agent by the
Indiana Department of Corrections, attendance records, and disciplinary
records."

Last edited:
That's interesting but not surprising. The D seemed pretty interested in Galipeau's new job in his testimony during the 3-day hearing. IMO
Here's what B&R are requesting:

"A complete copy of the Indiana Department of Corrections employment
file for John Galipeau including, but not limited to, internal affairs
investigations or investigations conducted by any other agent by the
Indiana Department of Corrections, attendance records, and disciplinary
records."

What’s next in the conspiracy to frame RA? Galipeau’s employment records are somehow going to prove he forged the note from RA asking to confess? That’s a little extreme considering the 60 or more other confessions.

It’s RA’s employment records that I’d bet are worth a look. MOO

JMO

What’s next in the conspiracy to frame RA? Galipeau’s employment records are somehow going to prove he forged the note from RA asking to confess? That’s a little extreme considering the 60 or more other confessions.

It’s RA’s employment records that I’d bet are worth a look. MOO

JMO
I doubt that it's anything about forging a note; I'm not sure what it's about. Maybe another trip through G's testimony will be helpful.

I believe RA's employment records are old news to both sides.

MOO

I wonder if this is true? Imagine, the trial begins and then is potentially halted for weeks while the D’s appeal is heard?

BBM
On Sept. 11, 2024, Gull denied the motion to certify. That means that the defense will not be able to appeal her decision until after the trial is already underway.
I think the trial may be halted at the start anyhow, as the D said in their appeal, they plan to provide their offer of proof to the judge to allow the SODDI defense. They said the jury may have to sit and wait it out for days.

1726183889669.png

I think the trial may be halted at the start anyhow, as the D said in their appeal, they plan to provide their offer of proof to the judge to allow the SODDI defense. They said the jury may have to sit and wait it out for days.

View attachment 530818

The defense was unable to provide evidence to connect the SODDI’s to the crime. So they believe everyone deserves to suffer the consequences for their own failure. Their condescending, self-serving antics are just so disgusting MOO JMO

I doubt that it's anything about forging a note; I'm not sure what it's about. Maybe another trip through G's testimony will be helpful.

I believe RA's employment records are old news to both sides.

MOO

This is just a summary of his testimony on the 2nd day. I can’t think of any other reason to subpoena employment records other than to attempt to embarrass and discredit witness testimony.

Former Westville warden’s testimony​

The defense said the overall psychological environment at Westville Correctional Facility led Allen to say things he otherwise wouldn’t have.

John Galipeau, who was warden at Westville when Allen was there, testified that he heard Allen make a verbal confession through his cell, and he allegedly heard Allen name the girls in that statement. In a separate instance, the warden said Allen gave him a letter stating he wanted to confess, and the warden turned that letter over to internal affairs at the facility.

The defense argued the conditions in which Allen was being housed at Westville were wrongful considering he hasn’t been convicted of a crime.

The warden testified that Allen’s environment at Westville wasn’t worse than other inmates in the maximum security unit, where Allen was being held for safekeeping to protect him as the defendant.

In fact, the warden said Allen was actually given accommodations others in his Restricted Housing area of the prison would not have: he was allowed family visits, and a broken tablet Allen had was replaced without him having to pay for it. A scratched window in his cell was also replaced, which workers wouldn’t typically be obligated to do. The warden also claimed Allen was offered a TV – standard at the facility – but he declined.

View attachment 530818
Funny. All those lengthy Franks and they're keeping their best evidence a secret? There is no way to make that make sense. Except that I expect that their secret evidence is so secret they haven't thought of it yet

JMO

The defense was unable to provide evidence to connect the SODDI’s to the crime. So they believe everyone deserves to suffer the consequences for their own failure. Their condescending, self-serving antics are just so disgusting MOO JMO
To me, it reads as a bit like a threat to hold jury members hostage if they don’t get their way.

jmo

How do the defense solve the issue of RA admitting he was on the bridge at the time the girls were on the trails?

He only changed the time when he knew years later they have video that spelled out the time of when the crime was committed.

They now can not use 3rd parties who were not even in Delphi at the time of the murders.

MOO
They are going to question the TOD heavily at the trial IMO, the state is using the phones movements to create the TOD while there wasn’t one listed on the autopsy or medical examiner reports.

If they can bring reasonable doubt to the TOD they can create an alibi for RA and it would also break others alibis.

IMO

View attachment 530818

I feel this is a bit exaggerated, but maybe someone can jump in on the procedural side?

Most of the Indiana cases I read on this SODDI issues are all post trial appeals, so this route is fairly normal. Also the D already presented all it's evidence on this matter for the hearing, so I presume all of this content can just be adopted without calling the witnesses yet again?

I don't know how "offer of proof" works

06/15/2023Hearing Scheduling Activity
Jury Trial scheduled for 01/08/2024 at 9:00 AM.
B&R had the motion for a speedy trial signed so it would be ready when they were ready. It was scheduled for Jan 8, 2024.
08C01-2210-MR-000001

The judge ordered B&R to stop working on the case on October 12, 2023.

B&R finally got back on the case
01/19/2024Order Received from the Indiana Supreme Court
Published Order
Order Signed: 01/18/2024
The question the OP asked was when did the D have a signed MST. They had one signed in August by RA, but not submitted by the D until March.

R&B were reinstated in January so we know the original January trial date wasn't going to happen. They could have filed the Motion any time afterwards because they were ready, according to RA's Appellate Lawyer during the oral arguments to the SCOIN.

The D did file in March for a Speedy Trial but waited 3 days before their 70 day window for the second trial date in May to ask for a continuance. If they weren't prepared and not able to go to trial, why file it?? The State and Defense had both agreed to the dates and Judge Gull had already started the jury selection questionnaire process.

Which brings us to the 3rd trial date of Oct 14th. Always another smoke and mirrors delay game played by the Defense as usual, even though they believe RA is factually innocent. If that's true, it really shouldn't be this hard, which tells me they have no defense of the State's case.

JMO

RA could also have come forward like a good citizen when LE didn’t contact him after he spoke to DD.

He could have also had words with him when he next saw him and double-checked why nobody had been in contact considering he was out there at the time in question. That's suspicious in itself when LE is desperate to talk to people out on the trails that afternoon that RA doesn’t find it strange they never contacted him when he places himself on the bridge in the time frame they are looking at.

MOO
An excellent point. An innocent man would have expected a follow up visit/contact just to ask, are you sure you didn't noticed nobody else on the trails, just those girls? Even what kind of car were you driving, what color, where'd you park?
What would an innocent man do, after seeing the picture of BG, would he freak out as he notices, he's wearing exactly what I was that day and on the bridge too! MO

They are going to question the TOD heavily at the trial IMO, the state is using the phones movements to create the TOD while there wasn’t one listed on the autopsy or medical examiner reports.

If they can bring reasonable doubt to the TOD they can create an alibi for RA and it would also break others alibis.

IMO

Right but that requires the girls to be taken away to an unknown location and then returned in the middle of the night.

Of all the theories around this case, that one strikes me as the least likely to be taken seriously by a jury?

This is just a summary of his testimony on the 2nd day. I can’t think of any other reason to subpoena employment records other than to attempt to embarrass and discredit witness testimony.

Former Westville warden’s testimony​

The defense said the overall psychological environment at Westville Correctional Facility led Allen to say things he otherwise wouldn’t have.

John Galipeau, who was warden at Westville when Allen was there, testified that he heard Allen make a verbal confession through his cell, and he allegedly heard Allen name the girls in that statement. In a separate instance, the warden said Allen gave him a letter stating he wanted to confess, and the warden turned that letter over to internal affairs at the facility.

The defense argued the conditions in which Allen was being housed at Westville were wrongful considering he hasn’t been convicted of a crime.

The warden testified that Allen’s environment at Westville wasn’t worse than other inmates in the maximum security unit, where Allen was being held for safekeeping to protect him as the defendant.

In fact, the warden said Allen was actually given accommodations others in his Restricted Housing area of the prison would not have: he was allowed family visits, and a broken tablet Allen had was replaced without him having to pay for it. A scratched window in his cell was also replaced, which workers wouldn’t typically be obligated to do. The warden also claimed Allen was offered a TV – standard at the facility – but he declined.
Thanks for the MSM article but now I'm interested in what Galipeau actually said.
IMO
First, you said you can't think of any other reason for the SDT.
IMO his reassignment triggered the D interest = going from the Warden of Westville Correctional (about 2800 male inmates) to Warden of La Porte Juvenile Correctional Facility (right around 55 girls).

If a pre-trial detainee was treated worse than convicted felons, Indiana has major problems.

RA's "accommodations" included being housed in A-107, one of the few units that has a camera for 24 hour surveillance, 7 days a week . The scratched window is kind of window slit, probably five feet tall by ten inches wide. Dr. Wala requested it to be replaced. Dr. Wala also requested the tablet be replaced, the tablet and its replacement were expedited. "We didn’t want to interfere with any of the legal process."

I have not yet found the timeline for RA's on/off suicide watch so I don't know when or how many family visits he had.

Right but that requires the girls to be taken away to an unknown location and then returned in the middle of the night.

Of all the theories around this case, that one strikes me as the least likely to be taken seriously by a jury?
Agree, also considering the blood pooling for both Abby and Libby being where they were located as testified to by the State CSI/blood expert during the last hearings as reported by TMS Part 3.

JMO

Yes, the search was offically called of overnight. Didn't a lot of searchers continue searching though? I vaguely remember, some show, maybe on the Oxygen Network, where the local Fire Dept man saying he was called to bring in lights overnight? I think the Sheriff was also in that show and mentioned some continued searching through the night? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

My point would be the same as yours, what killer(s) would return to the scene of the abduction, that has people still actively searching it, to bring back either dead bodies or live victims to kill them there? That wouldn't make any sense to me. I also don't think the blood evidence would back up that scenario. AJMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back