Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm pretty certain that it was a glove not fitting that aquitted OJ.
I'm pretty sure they did fit for the most part. He was just acting like they didn't and splaying his fingers. They may have shrinked a tad due to blood. Also, didn't Darden mention his hands may have been swollen from not taking a certain medication?
The dream team? More like the scheme team.
B&R's shenanigans remind me of them at times.
Imo.

Thank you for such a reasonable well thought out post @Tealgrove. Moving a deceased body is not an easy thing to do, it is literally dead weight (no distribution of center of mass), and not like they could be lifted over the shoulder or carried about easily, especially during those conditions.

JMO

Well Libby was dragged so that sums up how easy it was. Yet we are meant to believe they took them away and then returned them. It’s sheer desperation to suggest something so farcical.

But then the defense don’t have much else. IMO

I don’t understand why this whole discussion about the girls being moved and brought back has reared its ugly head again.

Common sense tells us that it is not even remotely possible for any of these theories to be plausible.

The terrain alone makes it impossible. Bringing bodies back to an active search area, parking somewhere and carrying/dragging two bodies down a steep slope etc etc., and not being seen or heard is beyond comprehension.

It’s neither possible nor plausible IMO.

MOO

As was suggested by MS, these impossible scenarios remove the focus away from RA, it’s a strategy by the D.

JMO

Definitely has a little confrontational tone to it IMO.
Reminiscent of demanding Judge Gull recuse herself because they might call her as a witness over the jailed witness whose testimony they seem to have dropped.

I'm sticking a pin in this too -- all those extra weeks they insisted they would need to present their defense --

JMO

For this theory to have any legs, we have to assume the ME was either totally incompetent or completely negligent in not estimating a TOD via analysis of stomach contents, as is standard procedure. The difference is considerable - a few hours after the girl’s breakfast, between 2:30 and 3:30pm, or 14 or more hours later, beyond 4:30am at a point when digestion certainly would’ve been complete. Aside from that there’s rigor mortis and other bodily indicators that occur at certain stages after death.

As the autopsy couldn’t possibly have indicated a precise TOD (no witnesses), going by their track record it’s really not all that surprising for the D to mislead by claiming the autopsy doesn’t reveal a TOD.

JMO
By now, I'm sure Rozzi and Baldwin have testimony from Dr. Roland Kohr. Any questions have likely been addressed. MOO

Yes RA was cut off by his family after he began confessing. But a situation that occurred ‘after’ can’t be the cause of it.

Regardless Rozzi is on record as stating RA ‘losses it’ if he’s cut off from his family. IMO that is not normal and RA obviously has mental health issues well beyond his ‘safekeeping’ at the prison. JMO
Agreed about the confessions part. RA was treated for depression at times in his life. I think he also has uncontrollable rage, especially when drinking.

JMO

Reminiscent of demanding Judge Gull recuse herself because they might call her as a witness over the jailed witness whose testimony they seem to have dropped.

I'm sticking a pin in this too -- all those extra weeks they insisted they would need to present their defense --

JMO

Haha - Judge Gull as a witness was one of the highlights of this case for me

I bet she snorted her coffee out her nose with laughter when she read that one.

Brought back to exactly the spot the phone stopped moving many hours earlier, and one of the victims laid over the phone and killed... without the phone moving at all.

Not plausible.

MOO

Amazing. And at night. Brought the girls back to the exact spot Libby's phone was on the ground, in the dark.

Just throwing this out there - I get the impression that B&G have developed a very good relationship with RA’s wife and mother. By news reports the D seem to always make a determined effort to keep them onside and in the loop of information.

So would it be possible that B&G are able to literally control RA through the connection to his wife and mother?

For example could RA be prevented from changing his plea to guilty if his wife and mother didn’t want him to? A reason for that (aside from who wants to be connected to a violent child murderer) could be the defence has convinced them they can get him off and that is their only hope.

Something about it all seems very unhealthy and unusual as well. I can’t recall another case involving an 40ish to 50ish year old male suspect who’s so publicly intertwined with a wife and mother.

JMO

I think they need to have something on the timeline, otherwise they walk straight into Rick putting himself on the bridge and confessing. That is brutal.
I believe they do, Carter and Lezanby have both stated they believed the crime was committed and over between 2:30 and 3:30. There has to be some evidence proving that timeframe IMO or that wouldn't have pinned it down so definitively.

JMO

I think they need to have something on the timeline, otherwise they walk straight into Rick putting himself on the bridge and confessing. That is brutal.

Yes IIRC this timeline business began due to the alibis of SODDI, if they couldn’t be placed in Delphi during the afternoon, well then just shift the timeline to the middle of the night. Unless something changed…

But that still doesn’t get Rick off the bridge or removed from Libby’s video at 2:13pm.

By now, I'm sure Rozzi and Baldwin have testimony from Dr. Roland Kohr. Any questions have likely been addressed. MOO

Nothing mentioned anywhere that I’ve noticed, specifically in any of the various FM versions. This theory is based on masses of speculation, even more than the preceding one. JMO

Nothing mentioned anywhere that I’ve noticed, specifically in any of the various FM versions. This theory is based on masses of speculation, even more than the preceding one. JMO
The bodies were sent to Terre Haute and (now retired) Dr. Kohr is a well known, long established forensic pathologist at the Terre Haute Regional Hospital. I don't think it's unrealistic to have the opinion that Dr. Kohr did the autopsy and that the D deposed him.

I'm curious... who you think did the autopsies?

February 15, 2:45 p.m.: Authorities positively identify the two bodies found Tuesday as Abigail Williams and Liberty German during a press conference held in Delphi.
Autopsies were performed earlier that day in Terre Haute, according to authorities.
WRTV

The bodies were sent to Terre Haute and (now retired) Dr. Kohr is a well known, long established forensic pathologist at the Terre Haute Regional Hospital. I don't think it's unrealistic to have the opinion that Dr. Kohr did the autopsy and that the D deposed him.

I'm curious... who you think did the autopsies?

February 15, 2:45 p.m.: Authorities positively identify the two bodies found Tuesday as Abigail Williams and Liberty German during a press conference held in Delphi.
Autopsies were performed earlier that day in Terre Haute, according to authorities.
WRTV

No dispute over who conducted the autopsies. But I’m doubting an estimated time of death wasn’t determined since that’s a routine protocol. I recall around the time of the initial FM I read somewhere the D hadn’t even bothered to dispose the ME regarding the autopsy but now I can’t find the source. Alternately there’s no proof they did.

I’m looking for the defense motion / source document, but this article does mention Kohr.
ETA: attached source doc page 10

all docs Google drive:
State v Richard Allen 10/28/22: 08C01-2210-MR-00000 - State v. Richard Allen- 2 Counts of Murder - Google Drive

They say Allen “… ‘confessed’ to ‘molesting (those) two young girls and shooting them in the back.’ On another occasion, (Allen) professed his sorrow for molesting Abby, Libby, and others which he specifically named … These facts are known to be falsities, none of which are supported by the autopsy findings by Dr. Roland Kohr as to the cause of death of the girls and unsupported by the absence of any evidence that either one of the girls were sexually assaulted near or before the time of their deaths.”

Attachments

• 2024 4_11 Allen Memorandum.pdf.pdf
    723.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I’m looking for the defense motion / source document, but this article does mention Kohr.

They say Allen “… ‘confessed’ to ‘molesting (those) two young girls and shooting them in the back.’ On another occasion, (Allen) professed his sorrow for molesting Abby, Libby, and others which he specifically named … These facts are known to be falsities, none of which are supported by the autopsy findings by Dr. Roland Kohr as to the cause of death of the girls and unsupported by the absence of any evidence that either one of the girls were sexually assaulted near or before the time of their deaths.”

Yes it mentions him but the D for sure would have a copy of the autopsy, which would state that information without ever disposing him.

Also “……..that either one of the girls were sexually assaulted near or before the time of their deaths.” I notice the word time of their deaths is quoted - as time is one of the most important elements of an autopsy. If one wants to get persnickety it does not say “absence of any evidence that either one of the girls were sexually assaulted near or before >< their deaths.”

Last edited:
Yes it mentions him but the D for sure would have a copy of the autopsy, which would state that information without ever disposing him.

Also “……..that either one of the girls were sexually assaulted near or before the time of their deaths.” I notice the word time of their deaths is quoted - as time is one of the most important elements of an autopsy. If one wants to get persnickety it does not say “absence of any evidence that either one of the girls were sexually assaulted near or before >< their deaths.”
Yep, D had the autopsy report, listed in the appendix document. Sure wish we did, too!

1726326578935.png

Attachments

• 2024 4_11 Allen Appendix.pdf.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 0

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads