Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He would get rid of any DNA evidence years before he said what jacket he had indoors. The amount of blood from the crime means he would have quickly of got rid of stuff and likely burned somewhere.

It’s like he admitted he threw the knife in the bin at CVS. A big commercial bin that wouldn't be searched. IMO
But he kept the car he had at the time of the killings? I am asking seriously as I do not know if he did or not.

I am just watching the discovery TV programme on Taken Together: who Killed Lyric and Elizabeth? And episode 3 has interviews with the family’s of Libby and Abby and they say that Delphi was Lit up by touch light that night while they searched into the night.

So much for random boogie men lurking in the shadows killing them and not being seen returning and leaving the crime scene. It’s just absolutely farcical.

But he kept the car he had at the time of the killings? I am asking seriously as I do not know if he did or not.

I don’t know, but the girls were never in the car. It sounds like he got rid of the jacket he was caught on camera with when he was spotted in a tan hoodie walking back to the car. I still believe he had a plan that day, so maybe he had covered the seats in plastic to stop the transfer of DNA from his clothing?!

Ultimately, the delay in capturing him 5 years later means physical evidence seems lacking. Also all these crime shows as well means these criminals are a lot more clued-up on how to destroy evidence. MOO

While the stress of being abducted at gunpoint and then murdered MAY have affected digestion, the same would be true of any murder victim [eta in similar circumstance] IMO, and therefore would not affect the accuracy of trained professionals opinions on TOD. IF stress slows digestion of people such as murder victims to the point it affects calculations those professionals would surely be aware and be taking it into account while determining TOD MOO

I agree and the D is not going to find any credible expert witness who would be willing to testify the TSD (time since death) was actually less than appx 8 hours, rather than 21 hours. If death occurred at about 3pm versus 4am, that’s a significant difference of 13 hours which is far too great a variable consisting of a multitude of scientific indicators that can’t all be wrong. It’s not only about digestion, stress or not.

The D has already admitted the defense is ‘gutted’. If this is a strategy the D intends to present, they’re merely proving their point. IMO

BBM
“Forensic pathologists are essentially required to estimate the time since death (TSD) to assist in death investigation by limiting the investigation period and thus helping narrow down the number of suspects in homicide cases. TSD also provides valuable information in establishing the timeline of events that lead to death.

Numerous researchers have examined various methods for estimating TSD in the past. While the results are encouraging and deemed useful, all the authors agree that there are extremely variable factors, often beyond the control of the examiner in real-life scenarios. In light of these findings, the authors advocate using multiple systems, both qualitative and quantitative, to ensure the reliability of the estimated TSD.

I don’t know, but the girls were never in the car. It sounds like he got rid of the jacket he was caught on camera with when he was spotted in a tan hoodie walking back to the car. I still believe he had a plan that day, so maybe he had covered the seats in plastic to stop the transfer of DNA from his clothing?!

Ultimately, the delay in capturing him 5 years later means physical evidence seems lacking. Also all these crime shows as well means these criminals are a lot more clued-up on how to destroy evidence. MOO

Trials can often yield compelling and brilliant evidence that’s totally unexpected by those who follow the case. I recall a trial with evidence at the crime scene involving a shoeprint. Detectives were able to match the sole markings not only to the brand but to a specific running shoe sold for a limited time by Walmart. Then they were able to prove by a banking receipt that the accused had purchased and therefore owned this specific runner at the time of the crime, even though it was not found during the search as he’d probably discarded the evidence. The accused was found Guilty.

I’m waiting to hear the evidence during RA’s trial. It can be astonishing, the lengths detectives sometimes go to link a suspect to a crime scene. MOO

I still can't wrap my head around keeping the gun and admitting to wearing the clothes the killer had on IF YOU WERE THE KILLER.

Either RA has serious mental illness or he's really dumb. It makes no sense.
MOO
I don't think he realized he'd chambered the gun twice (once on the bridge, then again at the crime scene, MO) and didn't see the bullet ejected, MO. Since he never fired the gun to kill the girls, he probably thought there was absolutely no reason to get rid of it. AJMO

IMO He probably wouldn't have had time. They searched his property later that day.
Here is a Maps & Media thread link to the transcript detailing that day:
That coat from the 13th of Feburary 2017 was long gone by the time RA was arrested, MO. That may have been one of many things LE were looking for remnants of in his backyard fire pit. JMO

That coat from the 13th of Feburary 2017 was long gone by the time RA was arrested, MO. That may have been one of many things LE were looking for remnants of in his backyard fire pit. JMO
They knew he had a blue Carhartt jacket and took it during the search of his home. Digging around in his backyard at that time for it would make no sense.

He would get rid of any DNA evidence years before he said what jacket he had indoors. The amount of blood from the crime means he would have quickly of got rid of stuff and likely burned somewhere.

It’s like he admitted he threw the knife in the bin at CVS. A big commercial bin that wouldn't be searched. IMO
Couldn't he have immediately went home and washed his blue jacket after the crime?

Wouldn't him getting rid of his blue jacket, I am sure his wife was well aware that he owned, draw suspicion towards him when his wife became aware that BG was wearing a blue jacket?

He kept the gun he committed the abduction with, although he knew there was video/audio from Libby's phone. Imo

Just my 2 cents.

I am just watching the discovery TV programme on Taken Together: who Killed Lyric and Elizabeth? And episode 3 has interviews with the family’s of Libby and Abby and they say that Delphi was Lit up by touch light that night while they searched into the night.

So much for random boogie men lurking in the shadows killing them and not being seen returning and leaving the crime scene. It’s just absolutely farcical.
I remember following the search for Abby and Libby almost all night , they had people in the woods all night that night and I want to say even the next night as they were still searching for things or maybe it was night time forensics though the night after they found them .

we may never know what became of the jacket. I believe he got rid of it almost immediately after the murders. It would almost have to have copious amounts of blood on it based on the way the girls were killed and the blood loss that resulted.

<no link to an approved source>

I am not sure his wife would have noticed a specific jacket missing from her hubby's wardrobe. Depends on how often he wore it, how old it was, and most importantly IMO did she regularly do his laundry? I couldn't tell you if my husband had an item of clothing go missing. He buys his own clothes and washes them himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wisely LE cropped that video IMO to avoid broadcasting his position relative to the girls, long thought that maybe a portion of AW's sleeve was visible, and to stop short of broadcasting the gun, not knowing how critical that unchambered cartridge would become, down the road, keeping that part of the investigation quiet and perhaps lending to the eventual reality that "BG" didn't get rid of the gun. IMO he didn't know they had any way to tie it to the crime.

JMO

They knew he had a blue Carhartt jacket and took it during the search of his home. Digging around in his backyard at that time for it would make no sense.

Although all blue Carhartt jackets might look identical, I’m willing to bet Carhartt has ways and means of determining the era of manufacture. For example my speculation only but I’m thinking of slight differences in threads or labels, maybe minor modifications of style or even variances between manufacturing location. Nothing ever stays exactly the same throughout the years, including mass produced manufactured jackets.

For that reason I think LE would be able to determine if RA’s Carhartt jacket collected during the search was purchased pre or post 2017. MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed (no link/rumor)>
We lose jackets often. Not as much as when we had to run the kids every-which where-ever. I do not keep up with my husbands clothing . ever. I cant tell you what day he even does his laundry. Nor do I know where he finds the time to do the laundry but lord bless him. He even catches when I need mine done. The kids though ,I had them on lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know he even wore a Blue Carhartt jacket that day?

Looking at images of the brand and their logo seems do be white with a brown swirl patten and looking at BG I don’t see any branding on the jacket.

Here is a link to show a example of what I mean.

I wonder if RA bought a new Carhartt jacket after his October 13th interview and deposed of the old one. That sure would be damning.
The gun would be a lot harder to swap out.
He definitely did what he could to not set off alarms. He did change his appearance quite a bit. But he didn’t go the extremes of selling off his assets.
All my opinion.
If I were a betting girl, I'd wager that he got rid of the crime-worn jacket the minute the video of him wearing it became public.

He kept the gun precisely because he had no clue that the same video showing him wearing the jacket also picked him up cycling the round into the chamber. Nor did he have a clue that he had inadvertantly left a bullet between their bodies. Those bits of information were witheld from public consumption.

By the time RA found out they had evidence he had used the gun to subdue (cycling) and, worse yet, had actually left a round at the scene ... they were snagging the search warrant and it was too late for him to do a darn thing about it.

Good on LE.

If I were a betting girl, I'd wager that he got rid of the crime-worn jacket the minute the video of him wearing it became public.

He kept the gun precisely because he had no clue that the same video showing him wearing the jacket also picked him up cycling the round into the chamber. Nor did he have a clue that he had inadvertantly left a bullet between their bodies. Those bits of information were witheld from public consumption.

By the time RA found out they had evidence he had used the gun to subdue (cycling) and, worse yet, had actually left a round at the scene ... they were snagging the search warrant and it was too late for him to do a darn thing about it.

Good on LE.
Nobody really knew what all Libby had captured on her cell phone except LE. We were all still debating what it may have contained before the recent hearings.

Can't wait for trial. My hope is he kept an item of clothing he wore that day and it can be connected to the crime scene through fibers.

Like has been discussed, sometimes people can have more than one jacket of the same kind because they really like the fit/style. In six years RA could have gotten a new one exactly like the old one. Looking in the fire pit after 6 six years is a shot in the dark but sometimes garments like jackets or jeans have specialized metal zippers and tabs or metal buttons that could survive many fires. AJMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201
Back