Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Richard Allen stated he saw these vehicles at the Mears trailhead parking lot while he was walking to the Monon High Bridge. If Richard Allen is lying, he came up with some great lies to make it seem like other people could be in the area of the Monon High Bridge around the same time as himself and Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

I agree. Richard Allen arrived before KG and BB so where did these cars that he saw at the Mears trailhead parking lot come from?
AW's Sept 2020 interview at around 27:45 she talks about LE telling her there were 50+ people in the trail areas that day.

Yes - I agree. That is why they will try and prove this case from 3 sides.

1. The witnesses will say, IMO, that the man they saw is the bridge guy in the video. So IMO the key to the entire case is whether the man the 3 juveniles saw was RA. Based on the PCA, I suspect RA has really hurt himself quite badly by admitted he saw a group of girls. His innocence requires not only 2 Bridge Guys, but a second groups of girls never identified.

2. The confessions (enough said) and 3. Ballistics/forensics - these help with point 1.

What is revealing IMO, is the defence's lack of interest in certain 3rd party suspects. They don't look like Bridge Guy. So the defence understands this dynamic. Realistically the man the juvenile girls saw is bridge guy - so the defence needs Bridge Guy II.

Of now of course they want to shift the focus to where the girls go from the Bridge, but IMO the whole case is decided on what happens before the Bridge. What happens from Bridge Guy on, is not in doubt IMO.
I think it's possible there may be a 4th side, DNA. Something retrieved by LE was sent to Quantico in early December 2018 for "DNA testing research".

I think it's possible there may be a 4th side, DNA. Something retrieved by LE was sent to Quantico in early December 2018 for "DNA testing research".

Yes I believe the State has some irrefutable evidence like DNA against RA in addition to all the other evidence that points to him including his own confessions.

moo

The return (exhibit 2) is from 13 October 2022 - the date of the search. You can see the signed/dated certification at p13 from Liggett.
Yes, I'm aware of that; it's the same day as the RA interview.

However, it was not filed until May 1 of the following year. That's what led me to think they were waiting for the rest of the lab exams to come back. I don't know... maybe it just got misplaced/forgotten/misfiled for over 6 months?

Yes, I'm aware of that; it's the same day as the RA interview.

However, it was not filed until May 1 of the following year. That's what led me to think they were waiting for the rest of the lab exams to come back. I don't know... maybe it just got misplaced/forgotten/misfiled for over 6 months?

I don't know what the "filed" refers to - but my understanding is you do the search warrant return immediately, so that is why it is certified same day.

IMO Liggett is certifying that document on that day - otherwise the certification would make no sense if you later changed it.

I don't know what the "filed" refers to - but my understanding is you do the search warrant return immediately, so that is why it is certified same day.

IMO Liggett is certifying that document on that day - otherwise the certification would make no sense if you later changed it.
The "file" date is the day a document is entered into the court records = CCS You will see it in the upper right hand corner of almost every document we've seen.

You will see it also here: the date on the left is when it appears in Mycase (case summary)
11/23/2022Appearance Filed

Attorney: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
For Party: State of Indiana
File Stamp: 11/23

The attorneys also argued that nothing relevant to the case was taken from Allen’s home.

“The affidavit failed to connect generic items to actual items that were possibly used in the crime,” the attorneys concluded.

Just curious as to what you make of this statement from the defense team? Are they claiming nothing connects Allen to the crime that was found in his home?

If this were true then why were they trying to get the PCA thrown out?
We know the search warrant recovered a gun that matched an unspent round found at the crime scene. Since the girls were killed with a blade, defense is possibly using that as the reason the SW should have been invalidated.

Of course, defense’s claim falls flat. The gun IS evidence. The girls were ordered down the hill by BG/RA to their murders. We don’t yet know what else they have - could be digital evidence on recovered electronics or biological matter. Defense doesn’t want any of that evidence admitted, so they challenged the search warrant.

Prosecution will demonstrate that RA is the man on the bridge with the gun. Coupled with RA’s confessions, that should be enough to convict RA of felony murder.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette
Back