Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder who police were talking about this headline came out: "

Delphi murder cops say they KNOW who killer is and warn 'today could be the day we come after you' but still haven't made any arrests after five years of fruitless leads: Victim's families beg for closure"​

8 months before RA was arrested...

2. Do we have any idea yet if there will be cameras in the courtroom for the trial?

All this back and forth about paperwork, in my opinion, is totally irrelevant to RA’s guilt or innocence.
I will weigh in on perhaps why the results on the carpet testing haven’t been released. The results were not necessary to get an arrest or a search warrant and since there is a gag order in place, that the prosecution has meticulously adhered to unlike the defense, the results are being held for trial. The defense knows the results, but we don’t. Could be a blockbuster, could be a nothing.
The prosecution has a lot of evidence we won’t see until trial.

Just my opinion
Since you chose to quote me, I'll say it is relevant to me.

The attorneys also argued that nothing relevant to the case was taken from Allen’s home.
“The affidavit failed to connect generic items to actual items that were possibly used in the crime,” the attorneys concluded.

Delphi murder cops say they KNOW who killer is and warn 'today could be the day we come after you' but still haven't made any arrests after five years of fruitless leads: Victim's families beg for closure"​

2. Do we have any idea yet if there will be cameras in the courtroom for the trial?
that may be what the headline reads (ala DM and their attention getting sensationalism). But the text of the article states:

In an interview on Thursday morning with Good Morning America, Doug Carter, Superintendent of the Indiana State Police, said: 'My resolve to catch him is as strong now as it was day one.'

'But the difference now is that we know ABOUT you. A lot about you. Today could be the day. Sleep well.'

allcap emphasis mine

Which to me reads NOT like he knows WHO the killer is but is sending a message to the killer he believes is in the town's midst. that message IMO was - we are learning a lot about you, you have no idea what evidence we have against you (killer). Eventually we will come for you, be afraid, we will not give up, we will find you, etc.

Daily News going for the headline is all. ISP Carter said, "...we know about you. A lot about you" News left the "about" out of their headline in favor of a "KNOW".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squishy1166
Back