Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
agreed. none of this fits with the cat fishers known MO which was to obtain photos via deception. He did not meet with victims.
The shots profile attempted to meet with victims.

*Original press release below

Detectives with the Delphi Investigation Seek Information

While investigating the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German, detectives with the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office and the Indiana State Police have uncovered an online profile named anthony_shots. This profile was being used from 2016 to 2017 on social media applications, including but not limited to, Snapchat and Instagram. The fictitious anthony_shots profile used images of a known male model and portrayed himself as being extremely wealthy and owning numerous sports cars. The creator of the fictitious profile used this information while communicating with juvenile females to solicit nude images, obtain their addresses, and attempt to meet them. Pictured below, you’ll see images of the known male model and images the fictitious anthony_shots profile sent to underage females.

I still think that this crime was opportunistic but that RA was there that day hoping to commit a sexual assault and possibly murder. I personally don’t think he specifically targeted Libby.
I think he followed BB as she turned around and walked away from the bridge, but then saw A&L and made the decision. He followed them onto the bridge, had his gun out, grabbed Abby and held gun to her and ordered them both down the hill. I think he knew the area well, and wanted to get to a place that was isolated so forced them to cross the creek and climb the bank. I don’t think he had anything specifically against Libby, but in the moment responded to the girls and scene. I think it was absolutely sexually motivated.
Still hoping RA will plead guilty and be locked up to be forgotten about and rot.
I also wonder if there is evidence of CSAM on any of his devices that they found. If this is the case, IMO that would make this trial a slam dunk and I wonder if the State will bring the death penalty onto the table in the next fortnight.
MOO

It’s so strange how little we know about Richard Allen, no social media, no online presence, no run in’s with the law. It’s very rare these days.
LE was called to the Allen residence in 2015 for a domestic disturbance, IIRC KA took him to the hospital. I think there will be other things coming out at trial that may surprise us.

JMO

Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Motive is not required to be proven for a conviction to occur, probably since it’s impossible to know what’s in a murderer’s head. What if the kidnapping began simply to frighten them but became a sexual assault after the victims began fighting back (or after death) since it aroused his feeling of male dominance? This is why I’d wonder how motive can be determined, aside from a full confession. Sometimes the perp doesn’t even know what caused him/her to spiral off the deep end, or at least won’t admit the reason.

But granted, generally the prosecution presents a theory of what they believe was the motive.

As for RA, if he indeed was a sexual predator I’d definitely wonder about his prior history? It would be hard to believe he suddenly began catfishing and murdering at his older age.
MOO
I don't think RA just began doing whatever I believe he did online as far as CSAM or catfishing in general in Feb of 2017. He might have been doing it secretly for years or there may have been significant changes in his life that took him down that road. He sure had a lot of external drives, phones, etc retrieved from his home during the SW.

It could have been a combination of things that caused him to murder Abby and Libby that day, but I do not believe it was totally random, and I do not believe it was anything that they did which caused him to snap.

RA went to MHB on a mission on that day, at that time, and sadly Abby and Libby will never again be among the living for it. Hopefully, there can and will be Justice for them, which is all that can happen now so they may RIP.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

I still think that this crime was opportunistic but that RA was there that day hoping to commit a sexual assault and possibly murder. I personally don’t think he specifically targeted Libby.
I think he followed BB as she turned around and walked away from the bridge, but then saw A&L and made the decision. He followed them onto the bridge, had his gun out, grabbed Abby and held gun to her and ordered them both down the hill. I think he knew the area well, and wanted to get to a place that was isolated so forced them to cross the creek and climb the bank. I don’t think he had anything specifically against Libby, but in the moment responded to the girls and scene. I think it was absolutely sexually motivated.
Still hoping RA will plead guilty and be locked up to be forgotten about and rot.
I also wonder if there is evidence of CSAM on any of his devices that they found. If this is the case, IMO that would make this trial a slam dunk and I wonder if the State will bring the death penalty onto the table in the next fortnight.
MOO
I always say anything is possible in this case. We've seen a lot in the past 7+ years, I'm just hoping for Justice whatever that ends up looking like.

MOO

Witness and/or Exhibit List Filed
Defendant's Notice of Submission of Supplemental Witness and Exhibit List to the State
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​
Praecipe for Transcript Filed
Praecipe for Transcript
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​
Notice to Court Filed
Supplemental Witness List and Exhibit Notice 3.pdf
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​
[td]
10/02/2024
[/td]​
[td]
10/02/2024
[/td]​
[td]
10/02/2024
[/td]​

Defendant's Notice of Submission of Supplemental Witness and Exhibit List to the State
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​
Praecipe for Transcript
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​
Notice to Court Filed
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​

[td]
10/02/2024

[/td]
[td]
10/02/2024

[/td]
[td]
10/02/2024

[/td]​
This is good news. It appears that we are actually moving toward trial. The D is finally doing what it’s supposed to be doing.

MOO

Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​
Praecipe for Transcript
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​
Notice to Court Filed
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
10/01/2024​

[td]
10/02/2024

[/td]
[td]
10/02/2024

[/td]
[td]
10/02/2024

[/td]​
Looks like the D has finally been busy defending their client RA. Interesting about the Supplemental Witness List. I wonder who they've added after the 3 day hearings?

MOO

MOO

Although it’s hard to totally put KAK’s involvement to rest on this case after everything we kept hearing about him, I agree with what you are saying.
I think things we considered suspicious at the time, was not KAK trying to cover up his involvement in the girls’ murders but him trying to cover up his CSAM operation, since he knew A/shots had been talking with Libby.
His commenting as A/shots to another young teen, that he was supposed to meet up with Libby was just him playing his A/shots role. He was probably thinking by playing the comforting guy, he could manipulate these children even more.
KAK also is a liar levels above our comprehension. LE finally nailed him on the CSAM charges and were suspicious of his connection to the murders. They interrogated him hard. KAK realized he could walk a line of lies with LE because they were so desperate. He could play them for preferential treatment, and since he has no conscious, doing this on the back of two dead children didn’t matter at all to him. He played that game until someone finally ratted out RA.
I think Libby was handled more brutally during the murders simply because she was the least cooperative of the victims.
It took awhile for me to come around to it, but I believe these two beautiful girls were murdered by a tiny disgusting man for no other reason than to fulfill his sick selfish fantasies. No one else helped him.

My opinion, of which there have been many.
My opinion, until further notice.

For me it just doesn’t add up he arrived just before the girls. He also headed straight for the bridge and he was in a rush.

Why if he didn’t know they was heading there?

If he had spent hours on the trails then I would think it was just a opportunist moment but the way it played out just doesn’t add up as random.

mooo

For me it just doesn’t add up he arrived just before the girls. He also headed straight for the bridge and he was in a rush.

If he had spent hours on the trails then I would think it was just a opportunist moment but the way it played out just doesn’t add up as random.

mooo
Agreed.
IMO, the timing is just too perfect. He wasn't lingering for a couple of hours, he was there at that time for a purpose. IMO

mooo

If he arrived just before the girls, why do you think be headed straight for the bridge in a rush, getting there before them?

Rather than just casually sitting on a bench, noticing them pass by heading towards the bridge and then following after them - which is a scenario that’s entirely possible, catfishing or not. MOO

Carter states that had they just went the other way… This tells us that this was not a targeted crime. He clearly implied that had they gone the other direction this would not have happened. It was a crime of opportunity.

Last edited:
I don't think RA just began doing whatever I believe he did online as far as CSAM or catfishing in general in Feb of 2017. He might have been doing it secretly for years or there may have been significant changes in his life that took him down that road. He sure had a lot of external drives, phones, etc retrieved from his home during the SW.

It could have been a combination of things that caused him to murder Abby and Libby that day, but I do not believe it was totally random, and I do not believe it was anything that they did which caused him to snap.

RA went to MHB on a mission on that day, at that time, and sadly Abby and Libby will never again be among the living for it. Hopefully, there can and will be Justice for them, which is all that can happen now so they may RIP.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO
When RA was shopping with KA one day, he didn't visit the mall with her, but stayed in their car, playing with his phone. When KA had ended her shopping, she stalked her husband in their car - she named it herself "stalking". She made a little video for Fb and showed, how he was looking, when she surprised him by her return.
He had had time to stalk someone himself on his phone, even with a different location address on his phone (in case, it would matter).
I don't think, he was interested in his stock ticker during such time. Maybe, he thought: my wife is just spending money and I'am doing something good to me also, googling "sweet girls in IN" (as if we wouldn't know married men, who are doing just that ;) ). Speculation of course.

Last edited:
If he arrived just before the girls, why do you think be headed straight for the bridge in a rush, getting there before them?

Rather than just casually sitting on a bench, noticing them pass by heading towards the bridge and then following after them - which is a scenario that’s entirely possible, catfishing or not. MOO

Carter states that had they just went the other way… This tells us that this was not a targeted crime. He clearly implied that had they gone the other direction this would not have happened. It was a crime of opportunity.

Because he had to get there to get the lay of the land and see who was about. He looked completely harmless standing out on platform one watching the fish.

He couldn’t follow them because it was too risky if other people were about, and they could change routes or ask for help. The Bridge was the perfect opportunity, as he knew they would be completely alone and defenseless without any chance of help.

Moo

Although it’s hard to totally put KAK’s involvement to rest on this case after everything we kept hearing about him, I agree with what you are saying.
I think things we considered suspicious at the time, was not KAK trying to cover up his involvement in the girls’ murders but him trying to cover up his CSAM operation, since he knew A/shots had been talking with Libby.
His commenting as A/shots to another young teen, that he was supposed to meet up with Libby was just him playing his A/shots role. He was probably thinking by playing the comforting guy, he could manipulate these children even more.
KAK also is a liar levels above our comprehension. LE finally nailed him on the CSAM charges and were suspicious of his connection to the murders. They interrogated him hard. KAK realized he could walk a line of lies with LE because they were so desperate. He could play them for preferential treatment, and since he has no conscious, doing this on the back of two dead children didn’t matter at all to him. He played that game until someone finally ratted out RA.
I think Libby was handled more brutally during the murders simply because she was the least cooperative of the victims.
It took awhile for me to come around to it, but I believe these two beautiful girls were murdered by a tiny disgusting man for no other reason than to fulfill his sick selfish fantasies. No one else helped him.

My opinion, of which there have been many.
My opinion, until further notice.
You could very well be correct SSN about it being a random act by RA. KAK is a disgusting CSAM operator and a lying liar who lies, with all the reasons in the world to play games with LE in hopes of getting a deal, or a reduction in sentencing.

LE obviously looked heavily into him and didn't make a direct connection because he got no breaks or sentence reduction and his first Appeal was denied, unless there is bombshell info. by the State we don't know of yet.

I'm still of the belief somehow and someway, RA knew L&A were going to be there that day. I try and talk myself out of it daily lol, but it just seems too coincidental. IDK, that is one of the biggest questions I have, which hopefully we will find out at trial.

If RA just randomly set out that day looking for a victim, stumbled onto Abby and Libby and killed them in such a brutal fashion makes it even scarier to me. That and my 'gut instinct' thing keeps me just on the side of it being planned ahead of time.

Regardless, I believe BG=RA=Killer of Abby and Libby and I hope we find out how that actually happened, not the CS details, but whether RA had previous communication with one of them or just followed them randomly.

JMO

When RA was shopping with KA one day, he didn't visit the mall with her, but stayed in their car, playing with his phone. When KA had ended her shopping, she stalked her husband in their car - she named it herself "stalking". She made a little video for Fb and showed, how he was looking, when she surprised him by her return.
He had had time to stalk someone himself on his phone, even with a different location address on his phone (in case, it would matter).
I don't think, he was interested in his stock ticker during such time. Maybe, he thought: my wife is just spending money and I'am doing something good to me also. Speculation of course.
Yes that was so strange and the glare RA gave back to her was certainly not in fun. He looked very angry to me.

IMO

@Vern or @steeltowngirl (seems you access) - but I saw an article (could not access) entitled where the Judge denied the jury viewing - is that in the docket yet? TIA! :)
or did I miss a post on that...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back