Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For me it just doesn’t add up he arrived just before the girls. He also headed straight for the bridge and he was in a rush.

Why if he didn’t know they was heading there?

If he had spent hours on the trails then I would think it was just a opportunist moment but the way it played out just doesn’t add up as random.

mooo
100% Agree !!!

My presumption would be that with the girls, it was a) something he WANTED to do and b) HE had the power in that situation.

Whereas with LE, it is a) something he does NOT want to do and b) he is now the one WITHOUT the power.

JMO
Carter even mentioned this being about "POWER" in the 2019 presser
BBM

"Carter kept speaking directly to the killer, whether he was there in a standing-room-only crowd that lined up to get in to witness the announcement or not: "We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know that this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls?"
Also of interest is Carter asking " what will those closest to you think when they find out you brutally Murdered 2 little girls"

Well, those closest to him leave the courtroom when crime scenes of the murdered bodies of Libby and Abby are shown.
Hmmmm

BBM

"Carter kept speaking directly to the killer, whether he was there in a standing-room-only crowd that lined up to get in to witness the announcement or not: "We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know that this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls?"
Also of interest is Carter asking " what will those closest to you think when they find out you brutally Murdered 2 little girls"

Well, those closest to him leave the courtroom when crime scenes of the murdered bodies of Libby and Abby are shown.
Hmmmm

Power.

Same as the day he made a show of giving Libby's grandma the developed photos "for free".

They weren't free. She'd already paid the ultimate price. And he knew it. There's something really twisted and sick about that. He had no authority to do it, I imagine, but did it anyway. Playing the part of the caring local business owner (never minding it wasn't his business) but I'm sorry, that was a power move. Acting nice. When those same hands, handing over Libby's last photos, took her life from her.

That's sick AF.

JMO

BBM

Hmmmm

And those closest to him turned a blind ear to his freely given confessions of cold-blooded murder. Why? IMO because it upset the apple cart of what they wanted their lives to be, MO...just be quiet and stop talking is what they said. I pray for a jury that will not be influenced by all the stories and actions of bad lawyers, again MO. I hope the evidence speaks loud and clear, especially the words of the confessor. AJMO

For me it just doesn’t add up he arrived just before the girls. He also headed straight for the bridge and he was in a rush.

Why if he didn’t know they was heading there?

If he had spent hours on the trails then I would think it was just a opportunist moment but the way it played out just doesn’t add up as random.

mooo
Agreed, and all RA/BG needed was access to one critical piece of information: the girls' whereabouts that day at that time. He didn't need to necessarily "be in league" with anyone or have co-conspirators per se. He just needed that one piece of information. Now yes, if he did know, it would lead someone first to conclude he was in cahoots with the individual with that critical piece of information, but that's not necessarily the case. My guess is he had that information, and we'll probably never know how he acquired it.

Predicting now that RA did not have that phone on the trail that day, that phone he noted specifically to Dan Dulin (stock ticker), which would lead someone initially to believe RA was "trackable" on the trail that day. But my guess is that will turn out to be a lie, Dulin's testimony will be critical, they'll secure the conviction, and RA spend the rest of his life in prison and end up looking like @steeltowngirl's skeleton but wearing an orange jumpsuit.
(And not typing.)
1728271128890.png

Last edited:
Agreed, and all RA/BG needed was access to one critical piece of information: the girls' whereabouts that day at that time. He didn't need to necessarily "be in league" with anyone or have co-conspirators per se. He just needed that one piece of information. Now yes, if he did know, it would lead someone first to conclude he was in cahoots with the individual with that critical piece of information, but that's not necessarily the case. My guess is he had that information, and we'll probably never know how he acquired it.

Predicting now that RA did not have that phone on the trail that day, that phone he noted specifically to Dan Dulin (stock ticker), which would lead someone initially to believe RA was "trackable" on the trail that day. But my guess is that will turn out to be a lie, Dulin's testimony will be critical, they'll secure the conviction, and RA spend the rest of his life in prison and end up looking like @steeltowngirl's skeleton but wearing an orange jumpsuit.
(And not typing.)
View attachment 536015
Catching him in a lie or two will make it much easier for the jury to realize all the strong circumstantial evidence is accurate and vote to convict.

I was also encouraged by Gray Hughes analysis of the hiking path timeline in his Law and Crime interview the other day. RA puts himself on that path at specific points during specific times. The other witnesses also place Abby and Libby and the BG on the same path during certain times When you merge those witness statements with RAs statement, he’s the only man who was there at the same time as the girls. All backed up by the video of his car on the store video.

There will be lots of good coverage for such a high profile trial IMO.

In the pre-trial phase, there is much less interest, so we are more dependent on enthusiasts and independents. Of all the things worth worrying about in this trial, the media is not one of them IMO. The trial will happen in front of a well selected jury.

MOO

Catching him in a lie or two will make it much easier for the jury to realize all the strong circumstantial evidence is accurate and vote to convict.

I was also encouraged by Gray Hughes analysis of the hiking path timeline in his Law and Crime interview the other day. RA puts himself on that path at specific points during specific times. The other witnesses also place Abby and Libby and the BG on the same path during certain times When you merge those witness statements with RAs statement, he’s the only man who was there at the same time as the girls. All backed up by the video of his car on the store video.

I agree.

This is the defence are likely to say there were two Bridge Guys IMO

That’s the way it was done at the Kelsey Berreth trial.
It wasn’t ideal, but it worked fine because the reporting was excellent. One reporter even went over everything in the trial at night on social media. No spin.
I have less confidence that will be the case here. Actual local reporters have taken a backseat to social media voices. I don’t expect the defense apologists will just stand down and suddenly report impartially. They will be striving to have the loudest voice I’m sure.
We all need to be very careful picking our sources.
I believe that now it's down to the nitty gritty of a real trial, there will be major media outlets covering the trial. Seems like it happens that way in all the high profile cases.

Just say no to YT, X and Internet cranks. lol

JMO

Obstruction of justice for Click for this trial would be just and fair. Derailed an entire investigation, and more invested in this than his job as a social worker.
Dereliction of duty IMO. Click is charged with neglecting to investigate and report on some serious child abuse allegations. That to me is inexcusable, these children suffer enough and count on LE to be a protector.

He was too busy trying to make a name for himself in this case. :mad:

JMO

I also think The Murder Sheet will give an honest accounting to us. I just wish someone would employ a stenographer to take shorthand so we can read the actually testimony, questions and answers. A pipe dream I suppose.
Agreed, everything I have followed that the Murder Sheet has stated as fact has turned out to be correct. Which is a heck of a lot more than I can say for the other Internet cranks. Whether they have a perceived bias or not, at least they are reporting on factual information instead of making stuff up.

Nor are they fighting in the Courtroom and parking lot and getting banned or arrested, sneaking in wearing recording fake sunglasses, or think that we never really made a moon landing, etc. Grrrrrr. :mad:

MOO

BBM

Hmmmm

DC seems to have been quite right with his assumption, although LE couldn't have known of RA. Wife/daughter/mother shouldn't find out about RA's deed for more than 3 years to come after the PC, but then one day after arrest RA wanted to relieve his soul, if he ever had/has one at all (black like the night). Wondering, who DC had in mind, when he spoke of these "closest to you".

The two Bridge guys' theory is farcical and no doubt if they go this route they will fall flat on their faces like every other hare-brained idea they have so far come up with. RA admits he went to platform one and stood there, and a witness can place him there.

Moo

Last edited:
The two Bridge guys' theory is farcical and no doubt if they go this route they will fall flat on their faces like everyone's other hair-brained idea they have so far come up with. RA admits he went to platform one and stood there, and a witness can place him there.

Moo
Actually 3 witnesses if we count Abby and Libby and the video. The strongest witnesses by far.

MOO

And those closest to him turned a blind ear to his freely given confessions of cold-blooded murder. Why? IMO because it upset the apple cart of what they wanted their lives to be, MO...just be quiet and stop talking is what they said. I pray for a jury that will not be influenced by all the stories and actions of bad lawyers, again MO. I hope the evidence speaks loud and clear, especially the words of the confessor. AJMO

I'll say this again, juries (especially rural ones like this) generally consist of pretty down to earth people who use a lot of common sense.

I think they will not buy into any wild theories that don't seem plausible .but the defense doesn't have much IMO and so they might still try something like that.

IMO, the mounting circumstantial evidence along with the direct evidence will be presented in a way that only RA is responsible:

1) Puts himself there on the day at the time on the bridge in the same clothes as BG.
2) Video from one of the deceased showing BG in the clothes RA describes he was in....video having audio at end saying "down the hill" proving this videotaping was all or part of the abduction. hence RA at least participated in the murder.
3) 5 eyewitnesses see BG heading that direction in said clothes at the time.
4) Ejected bullet casing marking does not exclude RA (same caliber and similar ejection pattern).
5) Several confessions.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pleads guilty at the last minute right before the trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back