Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
7 long years to get this close. It’s been a long emotional wait. So many ups and downs, conspiracies, drama, sadness and grief. We are almost there.

I think the Prosecution may have some surprises in store and not happy surprises.

I have long wondered about the video. Just as the Defence has been crafty with their use of words, it is not beyond my comprehension to believe that the Prosecution may have employed some wordsmithing of their own with respect to Libby’s video.

I have a feeling that although LE/Prosecution has said there is in a short amount of video, I have long wondered if the visual was short but the audio continued. I can’t shake the feeling that a lot more is on the recording that Libby made on that fateful day.

I’m steeling myself for what may be coming our way.

My thoughts are with Abby and Libby’s families and friends. If the last 7 years have been difficult, I can’t imagine how hard this trial is going to be on everyone.

MOO

Here's the P's 9/27/24 motion in limine regarding the D's witness William Tobin.

This is the short version of what the P wants:
A. Order the Defendant, through his counsel, and witnesses to refrain from mentioning, commenting, or making any reference whatsoever, either directly or indirectly, to any of the above matters without first obtaining permission of the Court outside the presence and hearing of the jury;
B. To further order said persons to make no reference to the fact that this motion has been filed and granted, and all other relief just and proper in the premises.

As I'm looking at William Tobin's Curriculum Vitae, I understand where Nick's motion is coming from. IMO the judge will surely rule against this D witness.

I want to hear RA's voice to compare it myself to BG's voice.

Will we ever be able to actually hear RA's speaking voice since the trial is not televised or audio recorded?

Side note: I believe we have heard his speaking voice in, "Guy's, down the hill." I just want a larger sample of his voice to compare them.

The Freedom Bridge girls' testimony are going to be very significant in more ways than one. Besides placing BG (RA imo) heading toward the Monon High Bridge shortly before BB, Abby, and Libby arrive, they walked the entirety of the trail and didn’t see any other man besides BG.

I agree.

This is the defence are likely to say there were two Bridge Guys IMO
They won't be successful though because the Freedom Bridge girls' walked the entirety of the trail and didn't see any other man besides one and he was dressed similar to BG from LG's cellphone video.

RA said when he arrived at the Freedom Bridge he saw three girls'. The Freedom Bridge girls' consisted of three teen girls' and one little girl.
He described the hair of one of the teen girls' accurately.

When Betsy Blair walked the trail (across from Mears' farm?) to the High bridge she didn't see any other man besides one, approximately 50 feet away standing on platform 1. He was also dressed similar to BG from LG's cellphone video.

RA says he walked from the Freedom Bridge to the Monon High Bridge and stood on platform 1.

When BB turned around at the High bridge to head back to her car, she passed two girls' who she believes to be Abby and Libby. The girls' were heading to the bridge.

7 long years to get this close. It’s been a long emotional wait. So many ups and downs, conspiracies, drama, sadness and grief. We are almost there.

I think the Prosecution may have some surprises in store and not happy surprises.

I have long wondered about the video. Just as the Defence has been crafty with their use of words, it is not beyond my comprehension to believe that the Prosecution may have employed some wordsmithing of their own with respect to Libby’s video.

I have a feeling that although LE/Prosecution has said there is in a short amount of video, I have long wondered if the visual was short but the audio continued. I can’t shake the feeling that a lot more is on the recording that Libby made on that fateful day.

I’m steeling myself for what may be coming our way.

My thoughts are with Abby and Libby’s families and friends. If the last 7 years have been difficult, I can’t imagine how hard this trial is going to be on everyone.

MOO

Yes I totally agree.

Those poor families have to learn the details of what happened to their precious girls. They may never know "why".

Again, given that he confessed many times, at the last minute, I would not be surprised if RA asks his lawyers to change his plea to guilty so he doesn't have to put himself thru the trial where the gory evidence is out in the open.

They won't be successful though because the Freedom Bridge girls' walked the entirety of the trail and didn't see any other man besides one and he was dressed similar to BG from LG's cellphone video.

RA said when he arrived at the Freedom Bridge he saw three girls'. The Freedom Bridge girls' consisted of three teen girls' and one little girl.

When Betsy Blair walked the trail (across from Mears' farm?) to the High bridge she didn't see any other man besides one, approximately 50 feet away standing on platform 1. He was also dressed similar to BG from LG's cellphone video.

RA says he walked from the Freedom Bridge to the Monon High Bridge and stood on platform 1.

When BB turned around at the High bridge to head back to her car, she passed two girls' who she believes to be Abby and Libby. The girls' were heading to the bridge.

I agree it's a problem

I like the way you stated all this.

Corroborating evidence that RA was not making this all up that he was there.

The two Bridge guys' theory is farcical and no doubt if they go this route they will fall flat on their faces like every other hare-brained idea they have so far come up with. RA admits he went to platform one and stood there, and a witness can place him there.

Moo
And we don't know what else he said about the bridge yet. There may be much, much more. MO

If BB is the person who stated "muddy and bloody," Ive always wished a photo of muddy and bloody person secretly taken of BG that day by BB. Would be a nice trial surprise. It would be (as is Libby's video) gold. Just saying as Ive always thought this and wanted to finally express it. jmo no factual info.
Thanks. Although I should have added that where the Freedom Bridge girls' say they saw the man is exactly where Richard Allen says he saw three girls'.
Additionally, sounds like RA/BG has been providing a confession since day one? Allegedly.
He placed himself right there that horrible day.
moo

Justice for Abby & Libby

I'll say this again, juries (especially rural ones like this) generally consist of pretty down to earth people who use a lot of common sense.

I think they will not buy into any wild theories that don't seem plausible .but the defense doesn't have much IMO and so they might still try something like that.

IMO, the mounting circumstantial evidence along with the direct evidence will be presented in a way that only RA is responsible:

1) Puts himself there on the day at the time on the bridge in the same clothes as BG.
2) Video from one of the deceased showing BG in the clothes RA describes he was in....video having audio at end saying "down the hill" proving this videotaping was all or part of the abduction. hence RA at least participated in the murder.
3) 5 eyewitnesses see BG heading that direction in said clothes at the time.
4) Ejected bullet casing marking does not exclude RA (same caliber and similar ejection pattern).
5) Several confessions.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pleads guilty at the last minute right before the trial.

In opening argument it would be nice if the prosecutor would have a board (map) of BG's movements starting with his car being parked. Ending with the girls taking image of him ordering them down the hill at gun point.

Then prove Richard Allen is Bridge Guy. By his own admission!

RA said where he parked his vehicle. (confirmed by HH camera) Timestamp
RA said he passed the group of girls. (confirmed by girls) Timestamp
RA said he stood at first platform. (confirmed by jogger) Timestamp
RA said he never lent his gun out. (unspent bullet found between Abby and Libby) Interview
RA said he murdered Libby and Abby. (confirmed by taped recordings) 60 plus times

Yes indeed. A jury using common sense. This particular case should be kept as simply as possible. Don't lose or confuse the jury with noise. IMO

I believe justice is coming for Libby and Abby.

May the child killer rot. And I want to know if Click is responsible for any other children being harmed.

Ive always wished a photo of muddy and bloody person secretly taken of BG that day by BB. W
moo

....Or a video from that storage business right across from the trail where he might be seen lurking in the trees and working his way back along the road to get back to his car.

If if that video is BLURRY, it will still corroborate that that driver saw this person.

If BB is the person who stated "muddy and bloody," Ive always wished a photo of muddy and bloody person secretly taken of BG that day by BB. Would be a nice trial surprise. It would be (as is Libby's video) gold. Just saying as Ive always thought this and wanted to finally express it. jmo no factual info.

Additionally, sounds like RA/BG has been providing a confession since day one? Allegedly.
moo

Justice for Abby & Libby
Actually a lady named Sarah Carbaugh is the one who saw the man at 3:57 p.m., muddy, bloody, and looked as if he had been in a fight, walking away from the area of the Monon high bridge as she was driving down 300 N.

This would have been approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes from when Libby first captured BG on her cellphone at 2:13 p.m.

You can’t prove an alien spaceship didn’t beam another bridge guy down who did the murders and then got beamed back up. He was a perfect clone of RA including RA’s Sig Sauer handgun in his pocket. You may think it somewhat unlikely, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

(Wow! Being a lawyer is easier than I thought!)

moo

Justice for Abby & Libby
SC is the witness who passed by RA=BG on Old County N300 while he was walking and she was driving that made that statement of 'muddy, bloody, like he'd been in a fight'. Of course the D tried to rework, paraphrase, or claim she never said parts.

I for one will be glad when all the Franks Memo innuendo is over with and all of the witnesses can testify to what they each actually said and what they observed.

People and video saw Abby & Libby and RA=BG at that time on the MHB at 2:13, but more importantly NOBODY ever saw them again anywhere on the trails after that. Where were they and what were they doing until SC saw RA walking back towards his car at approx 3:50 pm???

Sadly we know Abby & Libby were never seen again until their bodies were discovered the next day. :(

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

Last edited:
Actually a lady named Sarah Carbaugh is the one who saw the man at 3:57 p.m., muddy, bloody, and looked as if he had been in a fight, walking away from the area of the Monon high bridge as she was driving down 300 N.

This would have been approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes from when Libby first captured BG on her cellphone at 2:13 p.m.

If and when Sarah Carbaugh gets on the jury stand, she needs to tell the truth and only what she knows as a fact.

For example:
As she describes the person she saw "muddy and bloody". if the defense asks her if she can identify anyone in the court room that day is that person, if she says, "No...I cannot point him out - I didn't get that long of a look. I can only partially describe how big he was and what he was wearing".

THAT is the perfect answer. Do not make up stuff, just tell what you know and don't embellish it. You do not want to tell something that is not a fact.. .the other side will clean your whistle.

State the facts as you know them. The prosecuting attorneys are really good at filling in the (logical) blanks, let them do their work.

Unfortunately, it's been over seven years. A defense's dream, memories fade. jmo
Memories do fade but Richard Allen, the three teen girls', Betsy Blair, and Sarah Carbaugh gave statements within days of the girls' discovery. Some of them may have even given their statements while the girls were still "missing."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86
Back