Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately, it's been over seven years. A defense's dream, memories fade. jmo
Nooooooooo @arielilane :)

I think the key players, especially the witnesses, are going to remember something so traumatic. Those young girls, BB and SC were probably terrified before RA was arrested. I feel bad for all of them having to relive this too:(

JMO

SC is the witness who passed by RA=BG on Old County N300 while he was walking and she was driving that made that statement of 'muddy, bloody, like he'd been in a fight'. Of course the D tried to rework, paraphrase, or claim she never said parts.

I for one will be glad when all the Franks Memo innuendo is over with and all of the witnesses can testify to what they each actually said and what they observed.

People and video saw Abby & Libby and RA=BG at that time on the MHB at 2:13, but more importantly NOBODY ever saw them again anywhere on the trails after that. Where were they and what were they doing until SC saw RA walking back towards his car at approx 3:50 pm???

Sadly we know Abby & Libby were never seen again until their bodies were discovered the next day. :(

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

I wonder if there are unknown witnesses that will testify they were on the trail and the bridge after the last known sighting of RA, and these witnesses can testify they did NOT see him on his return. That would be people placing RA on the path to Abby and Libby, AND people stating he did NOT return the same path.

KWIM? Prosecutor can word it much better than me.

Edit to add: Then one witness to testify RA came from a wooded area looking as he had been in a fight. Not the same path he took for a nature walk. LE/P got him! I feel comfortable saying they will present this for a jury to understand.

If and when Sarah Carbaugh gets on the jury stand, she needs to tell the truth and only what she knows as a fact.

For example:
As she describes the person she saw "muddy and bloody". if the defense asks her if she can identify anyone in the court room that day is that person, if she says, "No...I cannot point him out - I didn't get that long of a look. I can only partially describe how big he was and what he was wearing".

THAT is the perfect answer. Do not make up stuff, just tell what you know and don't embellish it. You do not want to tell something that is not a fact.. .the other side will clean your whistle.

State the facts as you know them. The prosecuting attorneys are really good at filling in the (logical) blanks, let them do their work.

100% agree with this.

Right. And what I think about one of the girls said, she recognized the photo that was released as the guy they passed. She recognized the image which Libby and Abby took.

I hope and will assume the prosecutor has discussed with the witnesses not to 'embellish', simply state what they know and remember. This many years later, they can testify "I saw the image released and remembered that we had passed him."

100% agree with this.

Right. And what I think about one of the girls said, she recognized the photo that was released as the guy they passed. She recognized the image which Libby and Abby took.

I hope and will assume the prosecutor has discussed with the witnesses not to 'embellish', simply state what they know and remember. This many years later, they can testify "I saw the image released and remembered that we had passed him."

Anyone that saw anything that day and who came forth (like these individuals did) will have details they shared with the investigation. Hopefully the people on the trails that day.. it was all documented well in their interviews.

not a bad response honestly IMO. And one I expected. It is articulate and makes a sound argument IMO, which is a stark difference from some of their past filings. I only take exception with paragraph e. in which defense states that their expert's testimony will PROVE that the process state's expert is using is unreliable and shouldn't be given weight.

He won't be proving anything IMO. He will be giving testimony to suggest that to the jury. Just as the state's expert will be suggesting the opposite to the jury. But all in all, I don't have much to criticize.

1728326939177.png

not a bad response honestly IMO. And one I expected. It is articulate and makes a sound argument IMO, which is a stark difference from some of their past filings. I only take exception with paragraph e. in which defense states that their expert's testimony will PROVE that the process state's expert is using is unreliable and shouldn't be given weight.

He won't be proving anything IMO. He will be giving testimony to suggest that to the jury. Just as the state's expert will be suggesting the opposite to the jury. But all in all, I don't have much to criticize.

View attachment 536167
From what I understand, The P is saying that Tobin is not certifiable as an expert in this field. I guess that remains to be seen. It is usually pretty objective in terms of past work history and education, etc.

The Delphi Murders: Kathy Allen Speaks Out and Other Pre-Trial Updates

October 07, 2024

The Delphi Murders: Kathy Allen Speaks Out and Other Pre-Trial Update

We received a statement from Kathy Allen's attorney pertaining to a rumor. We also cover the latest defense filing in the case, conspiracy theories around our exclusive news update on Todd Click, and more.

om what I understand, The P is saying that Tobin is not certifiable as an expert in this field. I guess that remains to be seen. It is usually pretty objective in terms of past work history and education, etc.
I just got done listening. I'm more surprised that she spoke out at all rather than the content of her statement.

Confirms for me that it's a statistical match.

Of note, the State, in its motion, asks for a hearing outside the presence of the jury (and no mention of Tobin during jury selection, including presumably the Defense's preamble to the jury) to determine the relevance of his testimony.

That IMO is a fair ask by the State. A witness with limited scope and analysis in this case while interesting might not meet the judge's standard. If his only role is to highlight academic disagreement on what constitutes a match, IMO this isn't the arena for that.

It would be wise to resolve this outside of the jury ahead of trial so that it doesn't impede the trial once it's begun.

JMO

October 07, 2024

The Delphi Murders: Kathy Allen Speaks Out and Other Pre-Trial Update​

We received a statement from Kathy Allen's attorney pertaining to a rumor. We also cover the latest defense filing in the case, conspiracy theories around our exclusive news update on Todd Click, and more.
Her attorney's statement bothers me insofar as he quotes LG's sister (it's a good statement about rumors hurting people), it just scrapes my ears. Plenty of hurt to go around but LG and AW's families hurt is of a completely acutely different character than the family of the accused. He's alive.

JMOonthatonepoint

Are we allowed to discuss Kathy Allen’s statement from Murder sheet?

I will report my post to double check as it’s quite the statement from her lawyers on her behalf.
I don't have time to listen to it right now because my little grand daughter is here ---but what is the gist of KA's statement? Is she disputing the rumour that she no longer supports her man?

I don't have time to listen to it right now because my little grand daughter is here ---but what is the gist of KA's statement? Is she disputing the rumour that she no longer supports her man?
Yes, via her attorney:

She loves her husband, believes in her marriage vows; she believes that, if the law allows for the presumption of innocence, so than a wife can believe so too. (Poor paraphrase on my part but the gist.) Denies saying things to the contrary, has not had a change of heart.

JMO

Quote from TMS:

Why did KA's attorney send a letter to The Murder Sheet?
The MS team reached out to the attorney for clarification. He appreciated their seeking verification before reporting on rumors. So he responded to their direct questions because they related directly to KA and not in any way to the trial itself.

JMO

It's worth a listen.

The MS team does a really good job explaining why family stands by an alleged perpetrator. Some points I hadn't fully considered before. Even her attorney says she has been stringently avoiding statements, actions, interviews that might interfere with a fair trial.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaterbox888
Back