Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The MS team reached out to the attorney for clarification. He appreciated their seeking verification before reporting on rumors. So he responded to their direct questions because they related directly to KA and not in any way to the trial itself.

JMO
I don't understand the background on this. How did TMS even know KA had an attorney? Did they contact her about a rumor they heard?

It's worth a listen.

The MS team does a really good job explaining why family stands by an alleged perpetrator. Some points I hadn't fully considered before. Even her attorney says she has been stringently avoiding statements, actions, interviews that might interfere with a fair trial.

JMO
She's under a gag order so it's understandable that she hasn't been making public statements. IMO

Her attorney's statement bothers me insofar as he quotes LG's sister (it's a good statement about rumors hurting people), it just scrapes my ears. Plenty of hurt to go around but LG and AW's families hurt is of a completely acutely different character than the family of the accused. He's alive.

JMOonthatonepoint
see I actually thought that was a good thing. It reminds people that KA hasn't forgotten or tried to minimize the victims in this case. And I do respect that she hasn't spoken out about the case whatsoever up to this point. That cannot have been easy if she still supports her husband's innocence. That long silence. I have empathy for KA and her children and all who love RA. they didn't do anything and haven't asked for this horrible circumstance to be visited upon them.

I found it to be a well crafted statement and think she was wise to handle her first foray into speaking publicly about how this has affected her by using legal counsel. I also respect that she didn't say one word that could be construed as against the gag order and kept her comments limited in topic to her own self.

I have empathy for KA and her children and all who love RA. they didn't do anything and haven't asked for this horrible circumstance to be visited upon them.

I agree.

I’m not a fan of podcasts, even reputable ones like MS, so I glean information here from those of you who do follow them. I haven’t seen KA’s statement at all.

I certainly believe that KA, the daughter and family friends were blindsided by this. I imagine they believe him to be a martyr, maybe to the State or to the zeal of the police.

IMO, though, she is in for a rude awakening.

Time and trial will tell.

JMO

So, is this what happened: some internet crank started a dirty lie, TMS picked it up and went to KA with it? I wondered if they ever stopped to think how that would make her feel? If that's the case, it's pretty low.
IMO
Arguably worse, I think someone may have eavesdropped, intercepted and then broadcast a private conversation. Not intended for public dissemination.

KA has, to her credit and within the gag order, refrained from making public statements.

The MS team reached out for confirmation and KA's attorney responded with a solid public statement.

JMO

see I actually thought that was a good thing. It reminds people that KA hasn't forgotten or tried to minimize the victims in this case. And I do respect that she hasn't spoken out about the case whatsoever up to this point. That cannot have been easy if she still supports her husband's innocence. That long silence. I have empathy for KA and her children and all who love RA. they didn't do anything and haven't asked for this horrible circumstance to be visited upon them.

I found it to be a well crafted statement and think she was wise to handle her first foray into speaking publicly about how this has affected her by using legal counsel. I also respect that she didn't say one word that could be construed as against the gag order and kept her comments limited in topic to her own self.
I think it's pretty pathetic that she had to do that at all. To have to fork out $$$ to hire an attorney to answer some internet crank has me smh.

I also think The Murder Sheet will give an honest accounting to us. I just wish someone would employ a stenographer to take shorthand so we can read the actually testimony, questions and answers. A pipe dream I suppose.
Someday we will be able to pour through the transcripts if and when they are published
Yes, I also think this! RA came forward very early on and we don't know exactly when, but it's my opinion that it was very likely before the girls bodies were found. He could then tell people that he was there that day walking and didn't see anything and he even talked to LE to tell them what he knew. Those people he might have talked to about this would then assume he was ruled out or that he was just being the helpful guy who happened to be out walking that day. Maybe over time his behavior was suspicious enough that they started to think he could be BG.. BUT he must not be because he came forward and he hasn't been arrested right so they put it aside and carried on with life. I could absolutely see a scenario where someone called in and said this guy RA has changed his behavior and his appearance has shifted. Insert whatever other things they noticed here... AND then they say but he came forward and talked to police so I assume he was cleared..

Well that would likely make LE go back to the beginning and starting looking at anyone they talked to early on and looking for a report that could have came from someone named RA.. then they find the tip, but it had been misfiled.
i think this is spot-on

I think it's pretty pathetic that she had to do that at all. To have to fork out $$$ to hire an attorney to answer some internet crank has me smh.
Yes it is pathetic to have to do that. Especially considering there wasn't much outrage or help for the 5 men falsely accused of being child murderers because lawyers can't be blamed for being zealous. KA gets accused of believing her husband's confessions and ending their relationship and a pro bono lawyer gets referred to her by another lawyer so she can set the record straight. Good for her, glad she had her say and straighten that it out on the eve of her husband's trial. I don't really know if it had to be done right at this time but we all now know officially, she's a dutiful wife. AJMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaterbox888
Back