Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for sharing!

4 Names from the past, like ghosts haunting the narrative. 4 Hail Marys for the defence.

MOO

It’s going to be a macabre parade of these obscene men if they all are allowed to come in and testify.

It would be difficult not to throw up, IMO.

But even though it is the D that wants them, I just want the truth to come out and I believe RA is the guy. I am sure the P will have lots to ask on cross-examination.

JMO

I have been on the run all day but OMG I am DYING to dig into the latest developments. Even though I live nearby, I intentionally didn't pay attention to this case (it was TOO close) until Chadwell was arrested. I was so convinced it was him when I combed through his social media. When the Klines were later identified as having been questioned, my resolve was only strengthened because they all had lived in Peru. I'm not saying this is the explanation for the crime (though most of you know I have doubted that RA is much more than a patsy since he was arrested), but I am very interested to see where the defense takes this. And it's also probably way more palatable as a third-party defense than Odinists.
I am in definite agreement on one thing: they are much more palatable than anything else raised thus far.

Personally, I have followed the vast majority of the twists and turns of this case and every time, with each avenue the LE followed until RA I was feeling increasingly frustrated that the puzzle pieces didn't quite fit. Motive, yes, means and opportunity (being at the location) was missing every time. I personally believe it will still be apparent that the other suspects never fit. Yes there are coincidences, but unfortunately, such is life. We are always crossing path with people who have a criminal past or are currently committing crimes, and yet, in the case of Abby and Libby, out of all the unsavoury characters, there was only one monster on the bridge... IMO the one on trial.

All MOO

How many days will it take to seat the jury? What day might the prosecution make their opening statement? Anyone know?
Jury selection for the Delphi murders trial is scheduled to begin Oct. 14 in Fort Wayne, with opening statements expected to take place Oct. 18 in Delphi.

I’m not sure how not live-streaming prevents possible courtroom outbursts that the jury would see anyway. Live-streaming happens in high profile cases all the time, even controversial ones like this one. I’ve never seen a mistrial because of it. JMO but I doubt that’s the reason she isn’t allowing it. If RA is convicted this case will be in appeals for years so that’s a bigger cost worry I think. In my opinion.

Good question. Why?
Because people, certain people love to play to the cameras. If there's no cameras, it hopefully takes away that urge/ambition. Others that just want to cause a ruckus and a possible mistrial can certainly still do it with no cameras...unfortunately. AJMO

In my opinion, MS is not at all unbiased. But they are not so much pro-prosecution as they are anti-defense. IMO
Well I wouldn't call it anti-defense, I think that it's more being leery and a bit jaded because of what these particular defense attorneys have done. It's been a loooong and rocky road. I sure hope there's no more antics from them at trial. AJMO

Well I wouldn't call it anti-defense, I think that it's more being leery and a bit jaded because of what these particular defense attorneys have done. It's been a loooong and rocky road. I sure hope there's no more antics from them at trial. AJMO
Agree. I think they started from a very unbiased place and have acquired enough knowledge at this point to have a personal opinion about the players.
Media does not occur in a vacuum.
all moo

Well I was wrong, they didn't wait and it's right before voir dire...again.

The courtroom is already set up with the required equipment (as you linked above) and there have been thousands of cases that have been live streamed through Covid and we continue to see them being streamed every single day, without any error. There is no logical reason why this cannot be live streamed, even audio-only like Lori Vallow.

This is a decision being made to hide this trial in the shadows and create as little record as possible IMO.

I believe after the victims family, defense, allotted media seats, the public will have 20 seats at the trial? I'm not sure how that will be doled out, but I'm not feeling great about the likelihood that a trusted notetaker will be able to get a seat and relay to the general public the actual testimony from an unbiased ear.

MSM has proven to be useless in relaying any real facts about this case. I don't understand the pathetic response of being denied access and transparency in the courtroom for reporting on this case. Are they worried of ruffling some feathers?

all my own opinion.
There's been NO case that has had the outrageousness in SM tied to the defense team, leaking of extremely confidential sealed discovery tied to the defense team and it's defense team called "sloppy, negligent, and incompetent" but not held in contempt. I think Delphi defense team stands glaringly alone.
AJMO

What if he confessed/incriminating statements to one or more people before he was arrested? Now THAT would be some blockbuster evidence, IMO. Can't wait for trial!!
It is possible, but I think when Richard Allen was being interrogated in October 2022 the investigators would have told him they know he confessed and have a sworn statement from a witness who is willing to testify to it at trial. I think they would have told Richard Allen to see whether or not he would be willing to confess to them. Instead, Richard Allen insisted he is not the killer and did not confess to anything at that time.

I agree. And if RA is innocent, they should be doing exactly what they are doing.

As always, JMO.
But RA has said a monumental amount of times he's guilty. So now the defense is going to trot out everyone that LE investigated and then some, to prove what, that LE got the wrong guy? Well his defense team must have forgotten to mention that to RA I guess, when they first signed on, as his lawyers. JMO

I am in definite agreement on one thing: they are much more palatable than anything else raised thus far.

Personally, I have followed the vast majority of the twists and turns of this case and every time, with each avenue the LE followed until RA I was feeling increasingly frustrated that the puzzle pieces didn't quite fit. Motive, yes, means and opportunity (being at the location) was missing every time. I personally believe it will still be apparent that the other suspects never fit. Yes there are coincidences, but unfortunately, such is life. We are always crossing path with people who have a criminal past or are currently committing crimes, and yet, in the case of Abby and Libby, out of all the unsavoury characters, there was only one monster on the bridge... IMO the one on trial.

All MOO
He personally put himself at the crime scene that day, in his report to LE. Witnesses verified his presence on the path at the bridge and no one else. His car is there on security video, along with other evidence uncovered by investigators. He even looks like BG and owned clothing that looked the same as BG.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back