Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No worries, I just truly had never heard that. Do you think DC saying "explain some of the intricate details of the death of Abby and Libby" could have meant the details of the brutal crime scene?

MOO
I think of connections between involved parties rather. NOT thinking of the brutal crime scene. IMO

I think of connections between involved parties rather. NOT thinking of the brutal crime scene. IMO
I think LE was investigating a catfish situation long before that late-night request for information regarding Anthony_Shots.

In fact, LE went hard on this angle, while keeping most of it under wraps. I still wonder if RA's info was dredged up during this process or if RA was completely separate. I lean toward separate, but, of course, we don't know (yet).

jmo

Almost half of our female prisoners have been prescribed psychotropic medications and yet we never see spontaneous confessions.
RSBM
While these statistics may be factual, they fail to take into consideration the circumstances of RA’s incarceration and possible mistreatment (tasering, verbal abuse, isolation) that he endured. One should not compare without knowing all the details that will hopefully be revealed at trial. JMHO

RSBM
While these statistics may be factual, they fail to take into consideration the circumstances of RA’s incarceration and possible mistreatment (tasering, verbal abuse, isolation) that he endured. One should not compare without knowing all the details that will hopefully be revealed at trial. JMHO
Thank you!

Great theory!
I've looked at all of them and have found only one tie that binds them. All are from different areas, all are convicted of different crimes. The only thing I've found that they have in common is they are in Indiana prisons.
MOO
I agree!

Last month a very high profile trial was canceled/delayed the morning of its start! (Donna Adelson)
Yeah, but that circumstance won't be repeated the same way here, as nobody else has been tried for this crime and so the defense can't be dismissed for repping two defendants without waivers. Their only client in this situation is RA.

MOO

Another thing they have in common is they are not BG.

jmo
True, but it has not been proven that RA is BG either. I don’t think BG looks or sounds anything like RA. I am not alone either. I honestly don’t feel that 12 jurors will unanimously agree that RA = BG. They will want much more convincing evidence. JMHO

RSBM
From the little I know of prison life, having tried to understand the treatment inmates receive, I would personally say you are describing the bog average prison experience in the USA. There are documentaries that show the array of scars and injuries, self inflicted and not, suffered by inmates accused of a tenth of what RA has been accused. And I believe that will be argued with statistics in 5 minutes flat during trial. Yes, it is not a common circumstance for pre-trial detainees. Yes, he has been treated as well as I would have expected within the North American prison system. A lot of the conversation in this thread is, IMO, conflating the abusive treatment the average person who is incarcerated in the US receives, and the evils of the prison system, with the specifics of RA's circumstances. He is uncommon, in that he is housed in a prison instead of a jail, but not special, in the treatment he's received. Do I condone the current system? No, but I don't believe it led to his specific confessions.

All MOO

True, but it has not been proven that RA is BG either. I don’t think BG looks or sounds anything like RA. I am not alone either. I honestly don’t feel that 12 jurors will unanimously agree that RA = BG. They will want much more convincing evidence. JMHO
Absolutely. I don’t think he looks anything like “BG”

Yes, that's what the trial is for.

I am confident the jury will hear evidence, deliberate, and make the right decision based on what is presented in court.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3