Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JG said in her ruling the defense could try to argue for their inclusion at points during the trial. She did not say file another ridiculous motion right before the trial starts and we will argue it and delay everything, just for you.
She did give them a tiny out, but this wasn’t it.
my thinking is the DT plan to use these witnesses to do just that, request inclusion of some of the items she stated in her ruling they had not provided ample evidence to support being allowed during the 3 day hearing on the topic. This is their opening sally to do just that.

again, I don't think it will be successful, however, they will make the effort to get her to change her mind about the SODDI defense and they think they can elicit some testimony from these individuals that reopens the 3rd party defense for them during trial.

they filed transport requests for witnesses they hope will allow them to argue that defense. Transport requests must be filed ahead of time to have inmates brought to court to testify.

I am seeing rumblings that a motion in limine has been filed today. I am off now to see what fresh h e double toothpicks this is.

Question about the inmate companions in case anyone happens to know off hand: what training, if any do the inmate companions have towards being active listeners, supportive listeners? What training do they have on mental health as a whole? On the effects of medication? On suicide / suicidal ideation? Who provides such training? How long is it? Who supervises their companionship? Again, if anyone knows…?
I reckon you are potentially reading the term "Inmate companion" in a different way than was intended. My understanding is that their only responsibility was to visually observe RA and make sure he didn't unalive himself.

As for the qualifications - I believe the main ones would be having decent eyesight and being trusted enough to not sleep on the job?

This is my understanding given the fact they were not supposed to communicate with him, open to information that says otherwise.

All MOO

Is today the last business day that things can be delayed before this thing kicks off Monday?

Monday is Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day, so I’m relieved if the courts are open.

Tonight also starts the most important Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, so it works out that it happens to be a weekend; otherwise if anyone germane to the proceedings is Jewish they would not be able to work that day.

Justice for Abby! Justice for Libby! Justice for the Williams and German families!

There is some controversy regarding that.

IIRC, and JMO-Libby & Abby asked a friend to go the night before so they were probably trying to plan a trip to the trails/bridge on their day off of school.

IIRC, Libby's grandmother, BP, said it was last minute.

I think that the girls were planning it the night before, but did not ask to go or get a ride until last minute so to BP, it was all last minute as she didn't know girls were planning on going.

We all know how young people, especially young girls, can make plans to do something or go somewhere without parents knowing about it - especially if they think they might be meeting a hot, young guy.

I don't think BP is lying-- for her, it was a last minute thing.

But for L & A, they may have been planning this during their sleep over the night before.
JMO
BBM - I think this also! I can't tell you how many times as a teenager I made plans to do something well before sharing this plan with a parent. I also have teenagers that I know make big plans and then approach me or their dad with their sneaky little ways of talking us into taking them places or letting them do something. They don't ask us first then tell their friends.. oh no they all but have the deal done and then they inform us the parents.. LOL This is so typical of teenagers and it actually makes me smile to think of Abby and Libby staying up late and planning a fun day for the next day. I think if parents usually say yes to things, they also have more of a chance that their plans will go forward so sharing the plans with other friends could be shared with almost certainty they will be going. I am one that tends to say yes to my kids so I know they plan and then ask me or their dad and we usually allow it. I could see the same for the girls here.. they seemed like great kids and their families seem like ones that try to make their wishes come true.

It makes it all the more sad that someone so evil decided to take these precious girls away from the world. :(

I reckon you are potentially reading the term "Inmate companion" in a different way than was intended. My understanding is that their only responsibility was to visually observe RA and make sure he didn't unalive himself.

As for the qualifications - I believe the main ones would be having decent eyesight and being trusted enough to not sleep on the job?

This is my understanding given the fact they were not supposed to communicate with him, open to information that says otherwise.

All MOO
That's exactly the qualifications I expect. Can you see okay? Do your ears work?

jmo

He was tased twice in May 2023 for noncompliance.

It's in this timeline, under October 12, 2023.

Tased twice for noncompliance. That does not sit well with me. It sounds like abuse. JMO

Please continue the discussion on Thread #198.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member