ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been theorized that the A's may have done their own pizza test, based on the pizza found in the trash that maddiesgram took. Of course, that may just have been there because they couldn't eat it.

A pizza test was done by one of the news outlets. George said it wasn't done correctly and gave a recipe. The link is around here somewhere, in the beginning.

I see nothing wrong with the A's accepting the room and dinner at the Ritz. I would imagine they were guided from the plane to the hotel while still in shock. Imagine trying to absorb the horrific images of their grandaughter in skeletal form, in the woods and so close to home. Then try to imagine them coming to terms with what they must surely know by now, which is their daughter murdered her own child. I don't think I would care where I slept that night, because I probably didn't sleep at all.

I have to assume the A's knew the person from the network who made the arrangements for the hotel and why not trust her and accept it? Who else was offering a place for them to stay? LE had taken over their home and they had to sleep somewhere. And I certainly wouldn't say, "no, no, this place is too extravagant for us" because I'll bet they could have cared less whether it was $7 a night or $700. I also wouldn't want to put my own mother out for the night, knowing the media may be following them.

As for dinner, I doubt it was a big party. I'll bet the dinner was very quiet if the truth be known. I also doubt the A's can even tell you who was at dinner that night. I probably would have preferred to stay in the room to eat, but that is just me.

There are plenty of things that bother me about the A's, but this is not one of them.

Sue
1) Their own spokesperson made/negotiated the arrangements. The minumum room price, which she also got to stay for :$249/night.
2)They could have stayed at their son Lee's house, nobody said they had to stay with Cindy's mom.
3) I can tell you exactly who was at the dinner party- it wasn't just George & Cindy: the female producer from ABC, the two PI's, Michelle B. - the spokesperson, Lee & Mallory, and Jose Baez. I count 9 people- that qualifies as a dinner party to me.

Sue, you're overlooking the fact that the remains had not been identified and their reaction was totally unlike this when other 'finds' were announced, including LP's divers claiming to have found bones. They also released a statement to the effect that they were hoping these were not Caylee.

If you mean 'big' in the sense of the number of people, well, there were 3 A's, Mallory, JB, two PI's, MB, and ABC producer, off the top of my head, that we know of. If you mean 'big' in the sense of 'lighthearted' no, I don't think it was. I think they knew the remains found were Caylee's, since they had sent their PI there the month before to find them. I think they were severely sobered by the thought of what this would do to KC's defense more than being grief stricken for Caylee. Beyond that, it had all appearances of being a business meeting at a very inappropriate time.

Thanks for the very first reply to a post I've made at this site. I also hope the quote comes out correctly. :newbie:

Now I was under the impression that it was not the As' who sent their PI out to the site where Caylee was found, but rather a high school friend of KC's. Am I wrong? Regardless, I do not think it was a good day for the Anthonys because at the very least, they had to realize they could no longer keep up the charade of looking for a missing child. Sadly, I do think it was a charade because who in their right mind would smell DEATH in their daughter's car and not accept the fact that something is very wrong when she can't produce her child?

As far as a business meeting, I doubt it. I have been in a similar situtation with the death of a child in our family and we went out to eat and there must have been a table of 12, but I remember very little of it. It was a very somber evening and we didn't care who ate with us, who didn't eat, where we stayed, or who stayed where, etc. I guess I'm just trying to say that I can understand "going through the motions" and not really paying attention to much else.
Sue
PS: I don't think the quote came out right darn it.

I wish you'd quit your job and post all day.

I second that suggestion to Elementary and would also add you to it, Lin. :blowkiss:

As an aside, I'd like to add that I think all the posters in this thread exemplify the very best of WS's lofty hopes and standards. This is an extremely controversial topic, and the posts are passionate, but they are intelligently and persuasively written. But what particularly stands out here is that in the midst of all this heated controversy, there's an atmosphere of respect and liking among the posters -- not just for those who share the same opinion, but also for those with diametrically opposite opinions. It's been a pleasure reading here yesterday and today. Thanks for that.

I hope that didn't sound arrogant of me to make those comments about this thread. I didn't mean it that way.

Sue, you're overlooking the fact that the remains had not been identified and their reaction was totally unlike this when other 'finds' were announced, including LP's divers claiming to have found bones. .......

I often hear people bring this up. But to me it seems like a false comparison. One was a vague report of something that might be a bone (human or animal not specified) in the water . The other was a report of the discovery of the skull of a small child, found near their home. Even if they might have some tiny hope it was not Caylee, LE and the media was treating it from the start that it probably was. The fact that LE then took possession of the house made it pretty clear they had found something at the scene that they at least believed connected the remains to the house. What did Tim Miller say OCSO told him? "We've got her." Bet they did not say that about that other possible bone LPs diver found.

But because of what DC is saying, it sure does sound like CA had some kind of knowledge or suspicion about that general location. (though so did Kiomarie have a suspicion about that area) Also IIRC the PIs were not at the exact spot but down toward the school which is I think where the "Zone" hangout Kio talked about had been. I haven't seen all DCs intv yet though.

Sue, you're overlooking the fact that the remains had not been identified and their reaction was totally unlike this when other 'finds' were announced, including LP's divers claiming to have found bones. They also released a statement to the effect that they were hoping these were not Caylee.

If you mean 'big' in the sense of the number of people, well, there were 3 A's, Mallory, JB, two PI's, MB, and ABC producer, off the top of my head, that we know of. If you mean 'big' in the sense of 'lighthearted' no, I don't think it was. I think they knew the remains found were Caylee's, since they had sent their PI there the month before to find them. I think they were severely sobered by the thought of what this would do to KC's defense more than being grief stricken for Caylee. Beyond that, it had all appearances of being a business meeting at a very inappropriate time.

Thanks for the very first reply to a post I've made at this site. I also hope the quote comes out correctly. :newbie:

Now I was under the impression that it was not the As' who sent their PI out to the site where Caylee was found, but rather a high school friend of KC's. Am I wrong? Regardless, I do not think it was a good day for the Anthonys because at the very least, they had to realize they could no longer keep up the charade of looking for a missing child. Sadly, I do think it was a charade because who in their right mind would smell DEATH in their daughter's car and not accept the fact that something is very wrong when she can't produce her child?

As far as a business meeting, I doubt it. I have been in a similar situtation with the death of a child in our family and we went out to eat and there must have been a table of 12, but I remember very little of it. It was a very somber evening and we didn't care who ate with us, who didn't eat, where we stayed, or who stayed where, etc. I guess I'm just trying to say that I can understand "going through the motions" and not really paying attention to much else.
Sue
You need to add the HTML tag end quote to Lin's post to have it come out correctly.[/quote] It's a broken quote.
I consider the fact that the producer from ABC was there footing the bill for meals and their stay, and Casey's lawyer there, a business meeting. They had just had their interview with Larry King, probably setting up the next exclusive one with ABC. I don't think they were going through the motions, because I think privately- even though they won't admit it- they've known Caylee's been dead for several months.
The high school friend and the psychic guiding the PI to the right spot in the woods are a cover for Cindy telling him to go look there. She just admitting sending "someone" there to look, well gee, who else could that be??? We don't know that he wasn't lying and it was actually Cindy he was on the phone with in the video taken at the woods.

I second that suggestion to Elementary and would also add you to it, Lin. :blowkiss:

As an aside, I'd like to add that I think all the posters in this thread exemplify the very best of WS's lofty hopes and standards. This is an extremely controversial topic, and the posts are passionate, but they are intelligently and persuasively written. But what particularly stands out here is that in the midst of all this heated controversy, there's an atmosphere of respect and liking among the posters -- not just for those who share the same opinion, but also for those with diametrically opposite opinions. It's been a pleasure reading here yesterday and today. Thanks for that.

I hope that didn't sound arrogant of me to make those comments about this thread. I didn't mean it that way.
Not at all Friday:blowkiss:, there's been a major improvement in the last couple of days.

Sue

I didn't notice you were new, sorry.

DA_STA11111.gif

In the most recent discovery, Yuri's report, CA told them when they served the 2nd search warrant that she had her people walk that area the month before. She didn't specifically say the PI's but that's how the math adds up. The PI, when called on the carpet, tried to claim that he went because of Kiomarie's tip, given many months before, that it was a teen hangout they used when young. No one believed that excuse. If you read the transcript of DC's interview, LE almost seemed to mock him for offering it, imo. DC then switched, or more like added, to saying he got a psychic tip.

In your situation, likely it was confirmed, not speculative and likely your reaction would have been consistent from one date to another, unlike theirs. Again, LP's divers claimed to find bones, it was reported and the A's didn't go into grief mode, seclusion or whatever. Quite the opposite.

I also can understand going through the motions, etc. but just don't think it applies to these people at this time. Any upset they were feeling, imo, was directed towards the damage to KC's case this discovery would cause.

PS to Sue: The word QUOTE should be incased in brackets [ ] in the beginning and at the end of the quote, the word QUOTE should be preceded by a / mark and enclosed in the same brackets. Hope that helps.

.........snip........

How did the A's react when LP pulled up his bag of toys and rocks?

Sue
Cindy told the detectives that she had sent someone to search the area where Caylee's remains were found. (It may be in the docs related to the search warrant)

One big "Welcome" to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: one big huh? Sorry, don't know how all this "misquoting" is happening.

How did the A's react when LP pulled up his bag of toys and rocks?
I just today read an article that mentioned that they thought LP planted the bones... George said it was a tragedy that anyone was proffiting off their granddaughter's death. Wow, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black!!

Wow, those are very serious accusations. How much is KFN paying George? How much is Caylee's non-profit foundation paying all the A's? How much did the A's take from Haliegh's donations for themselves?

Maybe you can get those tax returns for us and then we'll all know. :)

I just today read an article that mentioned that they thought LP planted the bones... George said it was a tragedy that anyone was proffiting off their granddaughter's death. Wow, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black!!

I don't know if LP planted the bones but, IMO, there seems to be evidence that he planted the cross on the tree. I also agree that LP has been making money off this case. I wish he'd taken the lie detector test. However, my question was, how did the A's react in the half hour or so that it took LE to determine that LP's big find was a big dud? People keep comparing their reactions, but I've never read how they reacted to LP's find.

Heck, we've been trying. Sometimes you have to just take a breath and relax. Anyway, I think we're all a likeable bunch! (JMO)

I don't know if LP planted the bones but, IMO, there seems to be evidence that he planted the cross on the tree. I also agree that LP has been making money off this case. I wish he'd taken the lie detector test. However, my question was, how did the A's react in the half hour or so that it took LE to determine that LP's big find was a big dud? People keep comparing their reactions, but I've never read how they reacted to LP's find.
No, Cindy admitted in that same article the cross was a memorial to the jogger Nicole G. that was killed there.

This thread has gone from taking hotel accommodations and dinner to stealing money from the Cummings.
Post responsibly please. I am going to close this thread for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member