According to Ron's Lawyer Misty Never Returned This Weekend.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My understanding is if RC would of been receiving WIC, foodstamps, or TANF the state would of gone after child support payments right away for reimbursement of those government resources. Based on the child support worksheets RC was not receiving government assistance or any form of disability check for Haleigh at least up to May 2008 when the last child support calculation was completed.

I am curious as to why you think no rent was paid on the trailer the entire time they lived there. I do believe RC worked a steady jobs based on custody documents and reevaluation of child support payments, that occurred periodically that last 3 1/2 yrs. I do not believe TN or GGMS were in a financial situation to be paying their own bills as well as RC's bills.

I do agree that yes TN and GGMS where very involved and helped provide child care for Haleigh and JR.

(respectfully snipped)

I do agree with you that it would cost more to shelter and clothe the children than it would to pay child support. Being a single parent and having limited income would make him eligible for WIC, foodstamps, medicaid, and quite possibly TANF (welfare checks). I believe his mother probably helped him with the clothes, the bills, and any other expenses.

Busy, I know you put IMO.... just throwing my own 2 cents in here. IIRC Ron did not keep a stable job. He had only been employed at PDM for a short period of time. The rent had not been paid the whole time they lived at the trailer.

My whole point is that yes, it would benefit him to have the kids. He would not have to pay out child support, and he could reap any benefits the government offered. Most likely Haleigh received some kind of check for disability.

His family could help him with the cost of raising the kids.... to me it's pretty obvious that they dote on Ron. They wouldn't let him and those kids go without. If he didn't/doesn't keep steady employment it's not that big of a deal because he knows they'll pick up the slack. The grannies don't mind doing it because for them it means they can have full time access to the children. Wouldn't surprise me if TN was the one who encouraged Ron to get custody for that very reason.

IMO he was not raising those kids "alone" as he claims, not at all. I find it really sad that he even went as far as to push his parental responsibilities off on someone like Misty. He knew/knows what she is like, and look what happened. And then he married her. :confused:

(respectfully snipped)

I do agree with you that it would cost more to shelter and clothe the children than it would to pay child support. Being a single parent and having limited income would make him eligible for WIC, foodstamps, medicaid, and quite possibly TANF (welfare checks). I believe his mother probably helped him with the clothes, the bills, and any other expenses.

Busy, I know you put IMO.... just throwing my own 2 cents in here. IIRC Ron did not keep a stable job. He had only been employed at PDM for a short period of time. The rent had not been paid the whole time they lived at the trailer.

My whole point is that yes, it would benefit him to have the kids. He would not have to pay out child support, and he could reap any benefits the government offered. Most likely Haleigh received some kind of check for disability.

His family could help him with the cost of raising the kids.... to me it's pretty obvious that they dote on Ron. They wouldn't let him and those kids go without. If he didn't/doesn't keep steady employment it's not that big of a deal because he knows they'll pick up the slack. The grannies don't mind doing it because for them it means they can have full time access to the children. Wouldn't surprise me if TN was the one who encouraged Ron to get custody for that very reason.

IMO he was not raising those kids "alone" as he claims, not at all. I find it really sad that he even went as far as to push his parental responsibilities off on someone like Misty. He knew/knows what she is like, and look what happened. And then he married her. :confused:

Exactly. This is all so true snookie.

:parrot:

There is no way Ron did not have Haleigh and Junior on medicaid. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but how else could he have paid for their medical bills? :confused:

The custody documents state both RC and Crystal are to maintain medicaid on the children (I don't totally understand why both because that would seem like duplicate coverage), however medicaid does not fall into the reimburse the state from child support payments category is my understanding from reading about how child support and reimbursement works in the state of Florida nor is it included in the child support worksheets as a category. Sorry if my post was confusing when I stated no government assistance I should of been more clear that I was only including government assistance that would require reimbursement if child support is paid.

There is no way Ron did not have Haleigh and Junior on medicaid. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but how else could he have paid for their medical bills? :confused:

The custody documents state both RC and Crystal are to maintain medicaid on the children (I don't totally understand why both because that would seem like duplicate coverage), however medicaid does not fall into the reimburse the state from child support payments category is my understanding from reading about how child support and reimbursement works in the state of Florida nor is it included in the child support worksheets as a category. Sorry if my post was confusing when I stated no government assistance I should of been more clear that I was only including government assistance that would require reimbursement if child support is paid.

Florida must do it different then.

'Sources close to the situation tell us exclusively that Misty tried to speak with a Baptist minister after attending a church service while away from Satsuma, but he was unavailable. Our sources say she waited around, then finally gave up and hit the road again. Just what may have been troubling her that she may have wanted to get off her chest?
'

(cont'd at link)

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/02/nancy-grace-misty-cummings-back-in-satsuma-tips-flop/#more-3157

Wondering why you would post a link to Art when he is full of mis statements, sources are bloggers JMO and just don't have the story right?

I don't tell readers what to believe, I leave that to their discretion and evidently some appreciated article shared. If you don't, scroll on and don't re-post lol.

Reading on here and seeing the part about both parents being required to maintain Medicaid on the children... JMO, but that sounds "off" to me.

Medicaid is for underprivileged/poor/welfare children, right? So this judge presumed that neither parent would ever have a job?

FL-CHIPS was already in effect at that time, too, so "Medicaid" sounds like the wrong terminology, imo.

According to Ron's lawyer, Ron was hired as a crane operator but did other jobs. I don't think RC was hired as a crane operator but that is MO. I think the attorney is saving face or RC insisted that was his job title. The article that some believe proves he was is actually not saying that. The writer was filling in with their notes not quoting a source. This is frequently done in reporting and read incorrectly.

His "other" jobs most likely were the yard work cleanups as was told by locals but since there can be no confirmation because locals do not count as a source, we will just have to lean towards what the attorney said and say RC did "other" duties, as neccessary.

Hi LF. RC strikes me as the type that wouldn't let a financial opportunity slip through his fingers. W/o the children, he was less likely to receive any financial assistance. I don't see him passing up an opportunity to ge a SS check for Haleigh either. From what we have seen RC has not worked very long at an established company. And from what we are observing, if he has money, he doesn't even go to work at all. I am pretty sure this family was on state assistance or some other form of aid. Who says TN and AS were not in a financial condition to provide and help out Ron? TN had a good paying job and I get the impression Myles Sykes did not leave Granny destitute. TN has a BF who may have a good income also and she may be getting worker's comp or something else also.

RC has been enabled his whole life. He admitted in court, that his mother pays the rent. We know she provides his cell phone and likely much more.

When RC wasn't working he must have been drawing unemployment or state welfare for him and the kids. He may have worked side jobs (under the table). Records do not indicate he had a position long enough where he provided medical insurance for the children. Haleigh was to go on hormone injections within the next year. HUGE COSTs for that. Regardless, I am pretty sure RC did not pass up the opportunity to have the state and SS pay for her care...IMO

Wondering why you would post a link to Art when he is full of mis statements, sources are bloggers JMO and just don't have the story right?

If he gets it wrong, you have to consider who the source is.

It has been said that Art gets a lot of his info from TN........

toofunny.gif

Hi LF. RC strikes me as the type that wouldn't let a financial opportunity slip through his fingers. W/o the children, he was less likely to receive any financial assistance. I don't see him passing up an opportunity to ge a SS check for Haleigh either. From what we have seen RC has not worked very long at an established company. And from what we are observing, if he has money, he doesn't even go to work at all. I am pretty sure this family was on state assistance or some other form of aid. Who says TN and AS were not in a financial condition to provide and help out Ron? TN had a good paying job and I get the impression Myles Sykes did not leave Granny destitute. TN has a BF who may have a good income also and she may be getting worker's comp or something else also.

RC has been enabled his whole life. He admitted in court, that his mother pays the rent. We know she provides his cell phone and likely much more.

When RC wasn't working he must have been drawing unemployment or state welfare for him and the kids. He may have worked side jobs (under the table). Records do not indicate he had a position long enough where he provided medical insurance for the children. Haleigh was to go on hormone injections within the next year. HUGE COSTs for that. Regardless, I am pretty sure RC did not pass up the opportunity to have the state and SS pay for her care...IMO

Yeah, but it still doesn't explain a Putnam County judge ordering a parent to have Medicaid on their kid, IMO. "Health care coverage" seems way more likely.

but that's jmo

Where did we round that doc up from to begin with? tia

As my mother would say...

I just don't get it. She must have one of those snapping "thing"s.

Maybe they were both ordered to have Medicaid for the children in their home state?

Reading on here and seeing the part about both parents being required to maintain Medicaid on the children... JMO, but that sounds "off" to me.

Medicaid is for underprivileged/poor/welfare children, right? So this judge presumed that neither parent would ever have a job?

FL-CHIPS was already in effect at that time, too, so "Medicaid" sounds like the wrong terminology, imo.

No, medicaid is not just for underprivileged or the poor on welfare. I do not find it "off". For one thing Haleigh in particular has Turner Syndrome and requires more visits to the doctor than other children her age. Even if Crystal or Ronald were able to obtain group health insurance with an employer, the sad thing is many insurance companies will turn people away with pre-existing conditions. Medicaid is there so that parents of children with special needs don't neglect the child's health.

My oldest daughter (18) has been receiving Medicaid since her father died many years ago and BCBS would not cover her on a policy because she was entitled to full coverage on a different plan. There are many reason why people apply for Medicaid. The most important one in my opinion is so that children don't die from a completely treatable condition. Having said all that I can't imagine why we are questioning the choice a parent makes to obtain health insurance for their children. We should be happy they are keeping the children healthy no matter what.

Maybe they were both ordered to have Medicaid for the children in their home state?

Crystal and Ronald are both residents of FL........I guess I don't understand.

Florida must be very different. I don't know why the judge would order Medicaid either. Could he have been suggesting to not drop the medicaid till the other is in effect? IDK.

Out here it suggest the family is on state assistance if medicaid is happening. SS is really big. Lots of people got off the "welfare" system during the Cllinton years. They transferred over to the SS system for assistance instead. All they had to do was have a medical or psychiatric condition to get SS. Better pay and less hassles for them..grrr.

I was amazed at the number of young families collecting social security disability when I was volunteering at a local city assistance program. I didn't see any welfare just SSD on the paperwork.

Florida must be very different. I don't know why the judge would order Medicaid either. Could he have been suggesting to not drop the medicaid till the other is in effect? IDK.

Out here it suggest the family is on state assistance if medicaid is happening. SS is really big. Lots of people got off the "welfare" system during the Cllinton years. They transferred over to the SS system for assistance instead. All they had to do was have a medical or psychiatric condition to get SS. Better pay and less hassles for them..grrr.

I was amazed at the number of young families collecting social security disability when I was volunteering at a local city assistance program. I didn't see any welfare just SSD on the paperwork.

I am unsure on what you are trying to imply. It sounds as if you are attempting to equate welfare to Social Security income.:waitasec:

Everyone that I know that has tried to get qualified for SS were turned down on the first try and some on consecutive attempts as well. Then after trying to enroll again with little or no change in their circumstances they get qualified. I am also a little taken aback by your statement "all they had to do was have a medical or psychiatric condition" the way you describe it sounds like a prize to be earned for having a disability. Perhaps you might not think the pay was so much better if you had to try and survive every month on their income. JMO. Speaking personally, caring for and supporting a child with a disability is trying. I don't understand how you think that living with a disability, of either medical or psychological impairment, would mean less hassles. :waitasec:

Medicaid is a major health care coverage option for people with disabilities for all ages. Even when the parents have full-time jobs with benefits, if they change jobs, insurers may not want to cover a disabled child--those pesky "pre-existing conditions." If insurers are willing to provide coverage, it may be completely out of reach for people who make average salaries. Here is a description of Medicaid's role in the care of the disabled:

Medicaid is the nation’s major public program for providing health services and long-term care coverage to over 51 million low-income people.

The program is widely known for providing a safety net to low-income women and children and for financing nursing-homecare for the elderly. Less recognized is Medicaid’s critical role in providing health services and long-term care for adults and children with disabilities. Medicaid, which is financed jointly by the federal and state governments, serves 8 million people with disabilities who are under age 65.

Types of disabilities include physical impairments and limitations like blindness and spinal cord injury; severe mental or emotional conditions, including mental illness; and other disabling conditions, such as cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, Downs Syndrome, mental retardation, muscular dystrophy, autism, spina bifida, and HIV/AIDS.... Individuals with these types of disabilities often do not have access to affordable private coverage, and have chronic needs that extend beyond the services covered by the typical commercial health insurance plan.

Medicaid is unique among public and private insurance programs, in that it provides a comprehensive set of acute and long-term care benefits to meet the needs of people with disabilities. Medicaid provides access to basic medical and hospital care, prescription drugs, and long-term care services, both in the community and in institutions.

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:yrl96GV1ulUJ:www.kff.org/medicaid/upload/Medicaid-s-Role-for-People-with-Disabilities.pdf+medicaid+for+children+with+disabilities&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It is worth remembering that many people with full-time jobs do not have any kind of health insurance. (Social Security disability is usually very hard to get.) Medicaid has a provision to provide health care coverage for the disabled, who "have chronic needs that extend beyond the services covered by the typical commercial health insurance plan." Those of you who have elderly relatives who exhausted their financial resources will know that many elderly people's nursing home care is provided by Medicaid, but the person must have exhausted all other resources, i.e., they must essentially be indigent. Haleigh did not have disability severe enough to require institutionalization (as discussed in the quotation above), but the judge must have determined that she either she wasn't covered under either parent's insurance or she needed care beyond the coverage provided. Good for the judge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back