Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Hugh Stephen Roden Orde, OBE, QPM is the President of the Association of Chief Police Officers, representing the 44 police forces of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

OK ! I've tried to keep as much of original article as possible with relevance to this thread.

"Sir Hugh Orde, a former chief constable in the province, said there was much to be learnt from the historical inquiries team there, despite criticism of it by inspectors.

He added that............."

(snip-boring about inquiries in N. Ireland)

"Cost of investigating the past
North Wales care homes The investigation into alleged child abuse between 1953 and 1995 has 26 officers and staff and cost £1.3 million in its first year ........."

( it then carries on with previous post quote re. Maddie's murder/Yewtree etc.)

The article is written covering Sir H.O.'s speech so I highly doubt that The Times Crime Editor would use the word MURDER if Sir H.O. himself hadn't !!

*Wasn't it The Times that reported
'Mccann's had e-fit for years' article last year ??

Hugh Orde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And................:floorlaugh:

Yes as SapphireSteel states ^^

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, QPM the present Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis also had a similar 'slip-of-the-tongue' live on National Radio not so long ago !

If both of these Extremely Highly Ranked Officers are 'slipping-up' in what they state publicly there really are major problems with the British Police Force !!

*links are all already posted in 'breaking news' thread*

Also - the British media are completely ignoring the digs.

Check out the Daily Mail - usually screeching about some injustice to the Poor McCanns - not one word.

The cynical amongst us (me) believe that this is because there is about to be arrests and any mention of this case may interfere with that process.

logo_met_small.jpg

*Press Bureau Notes to Editors
Please do not publish links to this page.*

Letter from Assistant Commissioner M. Rowley to News Editors re Op. Grange

" I am writing because I now believe that activity will occur in forthcoming weeks. ....
I have been discussing with my opposite number in the Policia Judiciara the high levels of interest that the action (especially when some of it will take place in public) will generate in the British media.
I have discussed with him that it is our usual and preferred practice in this case to brief the media on an ongoing basis on such cases as that usually ensures that the activity of reporters and the coverage assists rather than damages the investigation.............

The advice I am receiving from Portugal is that their approach is very different and they do not brief the media on current investigations.

He has been clear with me that if we provide any briefings or information on the work they are undertaking on our behalf, or if reporters cause any disruption to their work in Portugal, activity will cease until that problem dissipates.

It is important you understand this.......

We will not provide any information concerning the activity ........

I ask that you support me and my team in those efforts. This includes respecting the requests of the Portuguese authorities.........

" As well as being aware of the dangers of disrupting the work of the Portuguese,

I would also ask you to think carefully about the information you decide to put into the public domain.

Although we will continue not to comment on specific information, I would ask you to think twice about what impact that information or speculation might have on the investigation if it is published or broadcast.

Collectively we all need to think carefully about our actions in this case. "

Original Source: Metropolitan Police Wednesday 07 May 2014

(some editing by me)

*no link -for obvious reasons*

logo_met_small.jpg

*Press Bureau Notes to Editors
Please do not publish links to this page.*

Letter from Assistant Commissioner M. Rowley to News Editors re Op. Grange

" I am writing because I now believe that activity will occur in forthcoming weeks. ....
I have been discussing with my opposite number in the Policia Judiciara the high levels of interest that the action (especially when some of it will take place in public) will generate in the British media.
I have discussed with him that it is our usual and preferred practice in this case to brief the media on an ongoing basis on such cases as that usually ensures that the activity of reporters and the coverage assists rather than damages the investigation.............

The advice I am receiving from Portugal is that their approach is very different and they do not brief the media on current investigations.

He has been clear with me that if we provide any briefings or information on the work they are undertaking on our behalf, or if reporters cause any disruption to their work in Portugal, activity will cease until that problem dissipates.

It is important you understand this.......

We will not provide any information concerning the activity ........

I ask that you support me and my team in those efforts. This includes respecting the requests of the Portuguese authorities.........

" As well as being aware of the dangers of disrupting the work of the Portuguese,

I would also ask you to think carefully about the information you decide to put into the public domain.

Although we will continue not to comment on specific information, I would ask you to think twice about what impact that information or speculation might have on the investigation if it is published or broadcast.

Collectively we all need to think carefully about our actions in this case. "

Original Source: Metropolitan Police Wednesday 07 May 2014

(some editing by me)

*no link -for obvious reasons*

I find that interesting considering they're the ones who leaked the dig search to begin with. Why say anything at all and risk the opportunity to locate Madeleine's body? Of course the media will be there, IMO. Then they'll blame it on the Portuguese. Fed up of the circus. Find Madeleine !!

Even if they find Madeleine's body do you think they will be able too prove the parent's did it?

Even if they find Madeleine's body do you think they will be able too prove the parent's did it?

Like Jonbenet before her, the truth is there. It's always been there, the evidence goes in one direction, always has.

Whether or not the legal arm of the jurisdiction has the balls to bring charges finally after years of snow jobs - who knows.

I sincerely believe Madeleine at least, will get justice. Soon.

:twocents:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/478406/Madeleine-McCann-Private-eye-to-break-silence-on-hunt
But it transpired that Halligen was an audacious conman, who led people into believing he was a spy.

He was arrested in 2009 and jailed in the US for defrauding an unrelated client on a previous kidnap and ransom case.

He has recently been released from prison.

Channel 5’s Emma Westcott said: “This is the extraordinary story of one man’s audacious claims, and how he fooled the intelligence community.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/478406/Madeleine-McCann-Private-eye-to-break-silence-on-hunt
But it transpired that Halligen was an audacious conman, who led people into believing he was a spy.

He was arrested in 2009 and jailed in the US for defrauding an unrelated client on a previous kidnap and ransom case.

He has recently been released from prison.

Channel 5’s Emma Westcott said: “This is the extraordinary story of one man’s audacious claims, and how he fooled the intelligence community.”

Quoted from ^link^

Halligen’s final report is said to contain significant leads that now form part of the current Scotland Yard investigation, including the crucial e-fits based on the so-called “Smith sighting”

:censored:​

At this point I just hope they can find madeleine wherever she is! I believe like many of you that she is deceased, hoping and praying that it goes quickly!

hahahaha, gotta love the daily Star - "overlooking the Med". I think they need to take a Geography lesson :floorlaugh:

Wow, so if I'm understanding correctly the man seen carrying a small child, the man in the -fit, the man who the witness later went on to say looked & walks just like Gerry McCann ...is their prime suspect?

u4a2yhyd.jpg

Yes.

Furthermore digs have been announced on the vacant block of land this individual was seen passing.

They expect to start on Monday. :please:

Wow, so if I'm understanding correctly the man seen carrying a small child, the man in the -fit, the man who the witness later went on to say looked & walks just like Gerry McCann ...is their prime suspect?

u4a2yhyd.jpg

If it walks like a duck .... :banghead:

I really fail to see how anyone could seriously expect to find the body of Madeleine McCann during these local digs. The whole area was searched high and low back in 2007 and a (then) recent grave would have been spotted for certain, imo. If the prime suspect is the photofit guy who passed the Smiths, then he had already passed that piece of waste land. I could, on the other hand, conceive of some small piece of evidence being discarded there, but that's all. Jmo. I think the whole thing will blow over and result inconclusively, and then the door will close on this case. SY can say they left no stone unturned and the MCs will carry on fundraising in pursuit of 'finding Madeleine and discovering what has happened to her' (from findmadeleine official website).
jmo

I really fail to see how anyone could seriously expect to find the body of Madeleine McCann during these local digs. The whole area was searched high and low back in 2007 and a (then) recent grave would have been spotted for certain, imo. If the prime suspect is the photofit guy who passed the Smiths, then he had already passed that piece of waste land. I could, on the other hand, conceive of some small piece of evidence being discarded there, but that's all. Jmo. I think the whole thing will blow over and result inconclusively, and then the door will close on this case. SY can say they left no stone unturned and the MCs will carry on fundraising in pursuit of 'finding Madeleine and discovering what has happened to her' (from findmadeleine official website).
jmo

I almost agree with you! But then I think back to that period, with fingers pointing hither and yon- look! at the English guy's yard! at the church! at the street digs! at the highway toll station where there were some suspicious characters! at the Posh-Spice lookalike! Morocco!

We can't really be sure where the majority of the looking took place, but there may have been very little of the looking done nearby where the Smiths saw what/whoever they saw. It's quite possible that the man they saw turned back and returned to the waste ground to put down the child. Even if they searched this part of the town, it may have been casual, rather than the human chain walking across the land, looking at every blade of grass, which we've seen in other cases.

Maybe something else could have been buried there. Something missing from the apartment? Her clothes, something she was carried in, ... it might not have been buried on the night she disappeared.

I really fail to see how anyone could seriously expect to find the body of Madeleine McCann during these local digs. The whole area was searched high and low back in 2007 and a (then) recent grave would have been spotted for certain,

RSBM

Three principle dig sites: road, waste ground and beach area.........

Scotland Yard detectives believe the sites were not properly explored at the time of her disappearance.......

One is a road just below the apartment block where trenches were dug before Madeleine went missing, that were filled in the day after she vanished.

There is a waste ground to the side of the apartment block where a man was seen carrying a child, according to some witnesses, soon after Madeleine disappeared..............

And there is the beach area where over the years there have been reports of activity, of people seen there acting suspiciously. "

http://news.sky.com/story/1257297/madeleine-mccann-search-three-main-dig-sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member