Actor Corey Haim found dead at 38 : (

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The thing that makes me so sad is that he was beginning to make a comeback. I know he had addictions in the past but had hoped he had overcome them. My DD will be so sad when she hears this. She loved the 'Two Corey's'.

Yes, if you look at IMDB, he is listed as producer for several movies that are in pre-production, and was acting in one movie that is currently filming.

I LOVED this kid, I literally grew up watching his movies. I don't think I own a single one of them, and I wish I did because I'm feeling the need to have a Corey Haim movie night now.

SO very sad. My prayers are going out to all who love him.
ETA: A special prayer going out for Corey Feldman. I'm sure he is absolutely devastated at the loss of his best friend since childhood.

Very sad but not that shocking as he was so messed up. As others have said, we sure are losing a lot of celebrities this way lately. Drugs and poverty are at the root of all of our problems, IMO.

RIP, Corey.

This is too bad. He was not kind to himself, but I always hoped he would be ok.

Sympathy to his friends and family.

Kathie Lee and Hoda just reported that CH was allegedly taking 85 valium a day!

WTH!!??

How sad. I grew up with a HUGE celebrity crush on Corey Haim and as a teen tortured my mom by making her take me to every movie he was in. I saw them all. I'm sad that Corey wasn't able to find his right path in life. He was such a vibrant and seemingly happy youngster. It's unfortunate that he wasn't able to overcome his demons.

R.I.P. Corey
My thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones. So sad :(.

How is this even possible? Maybe I'm just naive.

I have no idea as I'm not familiar with how many prescription drugs can kill a person but it certainly seems excessive to me. Is tolerence built up over time as such that a human being can survive taking such a large amount?

I took a valium once and slept for two days.....and that was just one. In fairness, scripts seem to adversely affect me more than most.

Perhaps someone with knowledge of the subject can enlighten us on your question.

I have no idea as I'm not familiar with how many prescription drugs can kill a person but it certainly seems excessive to me. Is tolerence built up over time as such that a human being can survive taking such a large amount?

I took a valium once and slept for two days.....and that was just one. In fairness, scripts seem to adversely affect me more than most.

Perhaps someone with knowledge of the subject can enlighten us on your question.

People do get a tolerance for many meds, especially pain meds. Even to things like anasthesia and anti-biotics.
85 valiums a day would be EXTREME and VERY expensive. If that is true, he's had this problem for a VERY long time.

Wow. That's all I can say.

Prayers to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Corey. I loved him growing up. He was so cute and funny. I hate drugs.

I take prescription pain meds and have for years and when i take even one over the prescribed 2 per day, I feel the difference and usually end up going to bed early. Don't dare take more than that, ever, and I have a high tolerance. I also have some Valium which I seldom use as though it is a very weak strength, it knocks me out, so when I do take one, it is as a sleeping pill.
I read about people injecting oxy or snorting, it, taking dozens per day, and I can't imagine how they do that more than once, even. Believe me, I am used to taking pain meds, and have had to take them for a long time, but the quantities I see mentioned when someone eventually dies are 10-20 or more times what anyone should ever take.

I am sad for Cory, as I imagine that anyone taking these amounts of anything has to be somewhat suidical, even if they do not know it.

Very similar to Brittany Murphy.

We've learned Corey had been sick the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms. The medications recovered, however, were not related to his illness, sources tell TMZ.

We're told no illicit drugs were found in the apartment.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-collapsed-prescriptions-drugs-death-overdose-found/

Video of the 2 Coreys just 3 weeks ago. :(

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-dead-died-overdose-corey-feldman-haute-video/

TMZ is reporting his Mom found him. How sad for her. Unimaginable thing for a mom to go through. Eerily similar to Brittany Murphy's death, IMO.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-collapsed-prescriptions-drugs-death-overdose-found/

Down to the flu-like symptoms. Makes you wonder if that's a sign your liver or something is shutting down from drug abuse. A musician, who's name escapes me at the moment, passed away right after Brittany. He to was a drug addict who suffered flu like symptoms in the days before his death.

Down to the flu-like symptoms. Makes you wonder if that's a sign your liver or something is shutting down from drug abuse. A musician, who's name escapes me at the moment, passed away right after Brittany. He to was a drug addict who suffered flu like symptoms in the days before his death.

That's a good question SuzieQ. My guess is that if one's liver is shutting down then your body can't feel good. Wouldn't 'flu like ' symptoms include body aches? I wonder if both Corey and Brittany experienced body aches and attributed the symptoms to the flu? All JMO and speculation on my part.

Thanks to cluciano for your insight.

wm

Wow, another talented star gone too soon. :(
RIP, Corey ... you will be missed

Kathie Lee and Hoda just reported that CH was allegedly taking 85 valium a day!

WTH!!??

At one point he was... here's a quote from him:

"I lived in Los Angeles in the '80s, which was not the best place to be," he said. "I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack."
After that, he claimed to have been hooked on pills, and was at one point taking up to 85 a day. "The doctors could not believe I was taking that much," he told The Sun. "And that was just the Valium -- I'm not talking about the other pills I went through."

http://www.popeater.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-dies-38/?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2F2010%2F03%2F10%2Fcorey-haim-dies-38%2F

At one point he was... here's a quote from him:

"I lived in Los Angeles in the '80s, which was not the best place to be," he said. "I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack."
After that, he claimed to have been hooked on pills, and was at one point taking up to 85 a day. "The doctors could not believe I was taking that much," he told The Sun. "And that was just the Valium -- I'm not talking about the other pills I went through."

http://www.popeater.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-dies-38/?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2F2010%2F03%2F10%2Fcorey-haim-dies-38%2F

My gosh! How in the world can anyone function in life while taking that much? Thanks for the info.

wm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
looneymom
Back