Actor Corey Haim found dead at 38 : (

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm watching LKL, Larry is covering Corey.... This is so sad. Corey Fieldman said that he did not believe this was a drug overdose. Mark Heaslip (CH agent) stated that Corey's mom said that he was running a fever, between 99 and 101 earlier that day and was having trouble breathing before he went to bed at 1:30 his mom heard him up stumbling around and she went to check on him and he collapsed and she helped him back on the bed, that he was awake and she called 911 and he had a heart attack in the ambulance... Mom said that he had the flu and that this did not appear to be a drug over dose. Agent said that Corey had been clean and was trying to get his life straight that he was excited about getting his career back on track..

I am just thinking that this is way to odd, CH and BM both had close to the same symptoms, I wonder if they share the same DR. just two many coincidence.
I beleive that he was clean as well to many people close to him say he was and that he was really doing well. He was also helping his mom who is battling cancer.....

I had such a crush on him when I was a kid and had really been pulling for him through the years this is so heart breaking.

Poor guy.

Whatever it was that killed him.....he was a troubled soul who wanted to make a comeback so badly. Way too young..........

Poor Corey! He seemed to be a troubled, lost soul. He'll be missed, and may he R.I.P. I really liked the movie Lucas.

Personally I am waiting for the autopsy and tox reports before commenting on what killed Corey. He was there for his Mother and I believe trying to turn his life around. Yes its a constant forever job to stay clean and sober but I am still not jumping the gun on this one. We just do not know yet.

RIP Corey

JMO

all im saying is the past drug abuse, and to the extent he used it, could quite easily caused a heart problem that killed him, even after he was sober

all im saying is the past drug abuse, and to the extent he used it, could quite easily caused a heart problem that killed him, even after he was sober

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back that drugs somehow contributed to his death. I actually read that he had a weak heart due to his past cocaine abuse. Either way, it's really sad that he died. :(

Someone on JTV is streaming a Corey Haim tribute atm if anyone wants to watch.

TRIBUTE to the late COREY HAIM is four of his most notable films:

(1) LICENSE TO DRIVE - 1988
(2) LUCAS - 1986
(3) SILVER BULLET - 1985
(4) THE LOST BOYS - 1987

RIP COREY... ENJOY HIS FILM ALL NIGHT and TIL NOON TOMORROW (PST)

Hope it's ok to post the link...
http://www.justin.tv/dj_dv8#r=rvJT9AA~

If the link gets removed, just goole justin TV and go to entertainment and you'll find the channel.

Sorry to hear about his death. It sounds like he struggled most of his life, but was really trying to be straight and clean.

However, I do not understand why, when a celebrity complains that they are having trouble breathing, that they do not go to an emergency room. I know that some say that they don't want the publicity -- but look at Brittney Murphy. It was determined that she did not die of an illegal drug overdose-- so why the heck didn't her mother take her to the hospital. Same thing with Corey.

My husband died of COPD, so I am very familiar with all the symptoms around lung disease, breathing problems, etc. Please-- when you or someone you love are having trouble breathing and are running a fever, get to an emergency room ASAP.

liscense to drive was my favorite for some reason

I remember that one. Like others, I really liked Lucas and The Lost Boys, but I think Murphy's Romance was my absolute favorite.

There seems to be alot of assumptions and mis-reporting about Corey's death.

Firstly, Today covered the story this morning and one thing that Corey's mom allegedly asked the studio guest to clarify. (This was a a reporter who had spoken with her but I can't remember her name or the publication) She asked her to let everyone know that the apartment belonged to Corey, not her. She was staying with him and he was caring for her during her radiation treatments. She is moving back to Toronto to stay with her daughter and Corey will be buried in Toronto. The funeral is this weekend IIRC. She also wanted it stressed for the autopsy results before people make assumptions. I'm typing this from memory but Todayshow.com prolly has the interview on video.

Secondly, Did anyone watch JVM last night? This is JMO but Corey's agent seemed sketchy to me. (His eyes darted about) He contradicted himself in the segment and JVM called him on it. He said that Corey was clean and that was a stipulation he had with Corey when he took him as a client. Then he said that Corey had only been clean for two weeks. Corey had hired an addiction counselor who may have altered his dosages in order to wean him off. JVM asked, Which is it? Was he clean for two weeks or was this addiction counselor adjusting dosages and he was still taking them?

Then, a clip of 'the agent' this am on the news showed him stating that even tho those pill bottles were on the night stand that Corey had not been taking them. (How would he know that for sure?) Was anyone else confused? I'm still not clear on what to think but I will give this analogy.....

Having pill bottles on the nightstand is to a recovering addict as having a pack of clove cigarettes, a bottle of Chardonnay, and a box of Godiva chocolates on my night stand is to me. I'm just sayin'.........

My prayers go out to Corey's family and friends. I think he was a sick man who struggled with addictions through out his life and his poor body finally just gave out on him. All MOO.

wm

This is a local story from my hometown about when Corey was in town to film Dream a Little Dream. Silver Bullet was also filmed in this area. Once you click on the link and read the story, then click on the FB icon at the top of the page. There are lots of interesting comments from locals who were extras in 'Dream'.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=12117925

liscense to drive was my favorite for some reason

I loved, loved that movie too. I've been actually trying to rent it recently, but haven't been able to locate it. I'll probably just buy it. Haven't seen it in years.

This is a local story from my hometown about when Corey was in town to film Dream a Little Dream. Silver Bullet was also filmed in this area. Once you click on the link and read the story, then click on the FB icon at the top of the page. There are lots of interesting comments from locals who were extras in 'Dream'.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=12117925

For some reason I couldn't get the comments to come up...........what did they say.

For some reason I couldn't get the comments to come up...........what did they say.

there were only two comments not really saying anything.

I think the reference to a comment was actually at the end of the article and one the local girls stated she (at 13) observed Corey flipping out in the hallway and someone else told her why he was flipping out. Her reaction to that was that it was sad to be that young (18) and already "so far gone".

For it to have been so obvious to a 13 yr old girl, and so memorable 21 years later, it must have been quite the display.

Ahhh, so sorry. There's probably a requirement to become a site member or a FB fan....my bad.

One comment on FB was from an extra on 'Dream'. She recounted an incident onset where Corey had an alleged meltdown. She didn't understand til some cast or crew member told her of his drug addiction. There were some candid comments but there's no way of knowing whether these persons are actually who they claim to be, you know? Also, I am recounting this from memory, so it is just rumor.

I suggest you sign up on the site and read the comments and delete your membership or facebook fan status after reading.

The interesting thing to me is that his addictions seemed to generate gossip 20 years ago while he was so young.....cause and effect.

The more I hear and learn, the more I believe that Corey has been bedeviled by substance abuse for a very, very long time and it contributed to his untimely death. So tragic.

All MOO

wm

I take prescription pain meds and have for years and when i take even one over the prescribed 2 per day, I feel the difference and usually end up going to bed early. Don't dare take more than that, ever, and I have a high tolerance. I also have some Valium which I seldom use as though it is a very weak strength, it knocks me out, so when I do take one, it is as a sleeping pill.
I read about people injecting oxy or snorting, it, taking dozens per day, and I can't imagine how they do that more than once, even. Believe me, I am used to taking pain meds, and have had to take them for a long time, but the quantities I see mentioned when someone eventually dies are 10-20 or more times what anyone should ever take.

I am sad for Cory, as I imagine that anyone taking these amounts of anything has to be somewhat suidical, even if they do not know it.

Yes, me, too. I take 1/2 at a time and am deliberately careful because I have no desire to get addicted. Also, once I have that half, I can't go run errands and such because I am under the influence. I don't want to endanger anyone. You would think that when someone is up to about 30 pills a day they would start to think they have a problem and seek help.

I was up half the night watching the two Coreys eps on youtube.

OMG- the second season is heartbreaking! He was such a mess. To me it seemed like he really was trying to clean himself up,but he had ALOT of 'slips'.
And nobody seemed to give him praise for the effort and the few 'clean' days he had.He seemed to be aching for praise, and the only one he got it from was his dad, and it meant so much to him.

I don't know if its just how its edited, but I thought that therapist was HOPELESS. The way she handles the big fight was so one-sided and she failed to remain neutral. She never told Corey F and his wife that their behaviour was really unhealthy too.
Corey F failed to take the therapists advice and went ahead and got the lipo, because that's what he needed to feel better about himself. And she never called him out on it. He may be clean, but he's still a mess too! Just uses surgery and is OCD about things to feel in control.

That scene where Corey F says something along the lines of "Go on . Go and kill yourself then"....Well, I can't imagine how Corey F must feel about that now. And I wonder how often that sentence played out in Haims head. :cry:

Tough situation cause Haim was obviously very unstable psychologically, and needed meds no matter what. Hard to not overuse/abuse the Rx'ed meds when you genuinely need them for medical reasons and your an addict.
He seemed so damn loney and all he wanted was to settle down, but his demons prevented it.

The two Coreys should have stayed apart. The show was a BIG mistake. Their painful history together prevented them from ever being able to have a healthy relationship, and too much old stuff would have resurfaced for both of them.

It will be interesting to see if his heart condition played a role in his death, or if this was was related to current drug abuse.
JMO

sounds much like the death of wrestler eddie guerroro in late nov 2005

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd