Actor Corey Haim found dead at 38 : (

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From the link:

As we first reported, law enforcement found 4 prescription meds -- including Valium, Vicodin and Soma -- in the apartment
(wonder what the 4th med was?)

About Soma:
Soma is a muscle relaxer that works by blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain.

Soma is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions.

Soma may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Soma should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction.

Another young life thrown away because of addiction. This is so hard to fight. I know he tried but just couldn't win, over a very powerful disease. My deepest sympathy to his family and may he finally find peace.

From the link:

About Soma:
Soma is a muscle relaxer that works by blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain.

Soma is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions.

Soma may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Soma should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction.

He said on the show the two Coreys' that he could not stop xanax. Mixing all those together probably made him feel bad instead of good.

I was up half the night watching the two Coreys eps on youtube.

OMG- the second season is heartbreaking! He was such a mess. To me it seemed like he really was trying to clean himself up,but he had ALOT of 'slips'.
And nobody seemed to give him praise for the effort and the few 'clean' days he had.He seemed to be aching for praise, and the only one he got it from was his dad, and it meant so much to him.

I don't know if its just how its edited, but I thought that therapist was HOPELESS. The way she handles the big fight was so one-sided and she failed to remain neutral. She never told Corey F and his wife that their behaviour was really unhealthy too.
Corey F failed to take the therapists advice and went ahead and got the lipo, because that's what he needed to feel better about himself. And she never called him out on it. He may be clean, but he's still a mess too! Just uses surgery and is OCD about things to feel in control.

That scene where Corey F says something along the lines of "Go on . Go and kill yourself then"....Well, I can't imagine how Corey F must feel about that now. And I wonder how often that sentence played out in Haims head. :cry:

Tough situation cause Haim was obviously very unstable psychologically, and needed meds no matter what. Hard to not overuse/abuse the Rx'ed meds when you genuinely need them for medical reasons and your an addict.
He seemed so damn loney and all he wanted was to settle down, but his demons prevented it.

The two Coreys should have stayed apart. The show was a BIG mistake. Their painful history together prevented them from ever being able to have a healthy relationship, and too much old stuff would have resurfaced for both of them.

It will be interesting to see if his heart condition played a role in his death, or if this was was related to current drug abuse.
JMO

I have been a Corey fan forever and I watched both season's of the 2 Corey's and my heart just broke for him each episode. I felt in my heart this was going to happen to him, I just wish I could have been wrong with my thoughts. I had wondered about who Corey meant when they were talking about the sexual molestation by one of the other Corey's very good friends. They never mentioned a name but Corey Haim sure was dealing with a lot of demons.

Rip in everlasting peace Corey..

From the link:

About Soma:

It was an antipsychotic. I can't remember the exact name, halperdol or something like that.

It was an antipsychotic. I can't remember the exact name, halperdol or something like that.

At some point I'm pretty sure CF called CH bipolar. Not sure if that was his own asssesment or if it was a professional dx.
Anyone know?

You can't over look the fact that his mom stated he had been running a fever between 99 and 101 that day, and that he had complained about having trouble breathing to his mom and her telling him to lay on his side...

Acouple of months ago, when the swine flu pandemic was so big, there was a story on Larry king (i think) about a little girl 10 years old who had gone to a party and suddenly gotten sick, her mom took her home at about 7 and she had a fever of around 99 by 10 pm they were at the emergency room, the emergency room sent her home and told her to rest, so they went home, at 3 in the morning the little girl could not breath they returned back to the ER and was again sent home, by 11 am the little girl had died... two days after her funeral they received lab results back stating that she had the swine flu... after hearing this little girl died less than 24 hours after she first felt sick, it scared the crap out of me... I was thinking this same thing with Brittany Murphy, but now with the Coronor in CH case saying he had fluid on his lungs this may be a possability, so lets not jump to conclusions.

I was wondering also if a test for H1N1 was conducted during the autopsy? There is a lot of talk about a second wave, and he def had some of the symptoms before collapsing.

I was wondering also if a test for H1N1 was conducted during the autopsy? There is a lot of talk about a second wave, and he def had some of the symptoms before collapsing.

I agree I also think they should have tested Brittany Murphy, because she had similar symptoms... I'm sorry I just dont beleive in coincidences and two young stars having similar symtoms just before they died is two coincidental for me... Yes CH had addiction problems, but we have heard he was working threw that same with BM... I think there has to be a connection somehow, either the same DR., similar meds that maybe were contaminated or maybe H1N1... I just dont think we should have tunnel vision because he has had past problems.

Kathie Lee and Hoda just reported that CH was allegedly taking 85 valium a day!

WTH!!??
I am beyond saddened by Corey's death. It is obvious he struggled with his addiction for many years and that's a fight that never goes away. Many addicts go through "clean periods", thinking they are out of the woods and one day that monkey rears it's ugly head, making relapse hard to resist. I don't think the constant turmoil, a drug addict goes through, can be explained to someone who has never had a problem with drugs.

It was said that Corey had been clean for about two weeks, but was weaning off the drugs...the two statements don't support each other. He may have been on a medicine to help him get over the withdrawals, like Methadone or Suboxone, IDK. The meds he had in his home were not something a clean addict keeps around. If he relapsed after a period of sobriety that would explain his death. Many addicts overdose after a period of sobriety, when they try to use the same amount of drugs they were using before.

All in all, it's a very sad end to a promising young mans life. His only fault was that he was an addict, not a bad person. IMO, the number one problem in our country is drug addiction and it crosses all boundaries. Prescription drugs are as dangerous, if not more so, than street drugs. While one person may receive a prescription for Vicodin and take two pills while leaving the rest in their cabinet to sit, the next person who gets the same prescription becomes hooked for life very quickly.

Sorry for the long post, but this is a subject that hits close to home, as I am a recovering addict.

Prayers to Corey's family and friends.

Haldol? Sounds like he was probably being treated for some kind of mood/psychotic disorder based on this medication being prescribed. Heavy stuff, awful side effects... no wonder he couldn't kick his habit. imo.

Haldol? Sounds like he was probably being treated for some kind of mood/psychotic disorder based on this medication being prescribed. Heavy stuff, awful side effects... no wonder he couldn't kick his habit. imo.

No, it wasn't Haldol. I'm familiar with that one bc that's the one Andrea Yates was on. it was something along those lines though, just can't remember the exact name.

Okay, got it: haloperidol. That's what is being reported on TMZ.

I am beyond saddened by Corey's death. It is obvious he struggled with his addiction for many years and that's a fight that never goes away. Many addicts go through "clean periods", thinking they are out of the woods and one day that monkey rears it's ugly head, making relapse hard to resist. I don't think the constant turmoil, a drug addict goes through, can be explained to someone who has never had a problem with drugs.

It was said that Corey had been clean for about two weeks, but was weaning off the drugs...the two statements don't support each other. He may have been on a medicine to help him get over the withdrawals, like Methadone or Suboxone, IDK. The meds he had in his home were not something a clean addict keeps around. If he relapsed after a period of sobriety that would explain his death. Many addicts overdose after a period of sobriety, when they try to use the same amount of drugs they were using before.

All in all, it's a very sad end to a promising young mans life. His only fault was that he was an addict, not a bad person. IMO, the number one problem in our country is drug addiction and it crosses all boundaries. Prescription drugs are as dangerous, if not more so, than street drugs. While one person may receive a prescription for Vicodin and take two pills while leaving the rest in their cabinet to sit, the next person who gets the same prescription becomes hooked for life very quickly.

Sorry for the long post, but this is a subject that hits close to home, as I am a recovering addict.

Prayers to Corey's family and friends.

Great post. Glad to read you are recovering!! I wish you a lifetime of sobriety!! It hits close to home for me too as I have a sister who is a recovering addict. It's a day by day thing and it never ends. The worry and fear is always there.

No, it wasn't Haldol. I'm familiar with that one bc that's the one Andrea Yates was on. it was something along those lines though, just can't remember the exact name.

Okay, got it: haloperidol. That's what is being reported on TMZ.

Haloperidol is the generic for Haldol.

I agree I also think they should have tested Brittany Murphy, because she had similar symptoms... I'm sorry I just dont beleive in coincidences and two young stars having similar symtoms just before they died is two coincidental for me... Yes CH had addiction problems, but we have heard he was working threw that same with BM... I think there has to be a connection somehow, either the same DR., similar meds that maybe were contaminated or maybe H1N1... I just dont think we should have tunnel vision because he has had past problems.

I agree. Ya don't suddenly get fever and flu like symptoms the day before ya decide to OD. Either way, I hope he has finally found peace. RIP Corey

I agree. Ya don't suddenly get fever and flu like symptoms the day before ya decide to OD. Either way, I hope he has finally found peace. RIP Corey
To add, fever/flu llike symptoms are opiate withdrawal signs. Not saying this was definitely the case here, but those are the symptoms.

Great post. Glad to read you are recovering!! I wish you a lifetime of sobriety!! It hits close to home for me too as I have a sister who is a recovering addict. It's a day by day thing and it never ends. The worry and fear is always there.
Thanks Shamrock for the kind words, I wish your sister continued success in her recovery. Yes, it most certainly is a day by day thing, but there are some that do make it through...I pray your sister is one of them.

To add, fever/flu llike symptoms are opiate withdrawal signs. Not saying this was definitely the case here, but those are the symptoms.

Maybe the aches and pains but not a fever, and the initial autopsy does show fluid in his lungs.

I'm going to try to follow this thread because I'm very curious about the flu like symptoms that Corey experienced. Especially since B. Murphy was said to have experienced them too prior to her death.

I just find that curious is all.

Rest in Peace Corey. Seeing you in an interview from 2001---broke my heart for you. Prayers for your family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
looneymom
Back