Actress/Author Carrie Fisher, 60, has Passed Away

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no! This is awful news. Do they have defibrillators on planes? And Ambu bags? Or any basic cardiac drugs in case someone codes like this?

Yes. All planes have defibrillators and AMBU bags as well. I'm not sure about the drugs. I hope they have some type of basic "crash cart" but because they don't staff flights with medical personnel that are licensed to administer such medications, I kind of doubt it.

(((((skibaboo)))) You lost the greatest of all. :hug:

I know :( ty :hug:

He was a huge Star Wars fan, he introduced me to Star Wars. I don't know why or how, I was 6 in 77, but until we met I hadn't seen it. He turned me into a Star Wars nut. We used to laugh about it. A Star Wars nut and a Liverpool nut met, and we both converted each other to our passions. The force brought us together and YNWA. (wow that is quite profound)

Hugs to you Skibs. This has been an awful year and I think of you often. Xo

Carrie Fisher is fighting for her life, and her support system has arrived on 2 and 4 legs.

Carrie's daughter, Billie Lourd, and beloved French bulldog, Gary, arrived at UCLA Medical Center shortly after the actress was rushed there.

Billie is Carrie's only child with talent agent Bryan Lourd

As for Gary the dog ... the pooch was always by Carrie's side and, according to witnesses, was also aboard the flight with Carrie when she suffered the massive heart attack.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/23/carrie-fisher-billie-lourd-daughter-dog-hospital/

I enjoyed watching her in a Christmas film the other day, she did a great job. I'm rooting for her.

Sad news. :( She'll always be Princess Leia to me.

I know :( ty :hug:

He was a huge Star Wars fan, he introduced me to Star Wars. I don't know why or how, I was 6 in 77, but until we met I hadn't seen it. He turned me into a Star Wars nut. We used to laugh about it. A Star Wars nut and a Liverpool nut met, and we both converted each other to our passions. The force brought us together and YNWA. (wow that is quite profound)

:hug: :hug:

Todd's statement goes against all other reports so far. Perhaps the news articles were rushed and not sufficiently fact-checked. Time will tell.

Carrie Fisher's brother says actress is in stable condition

Todd Fisher, told The Associated Press that she was "out of emergency" and stabilized at a Los Angeles hospital Friday afternoon. He said he could not discuss any other details about what happened.

TMZ update: 3:58 PM PT -- Carrie's brother, Todd, just told AP she's in stable condition.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/23/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-plane/

"Out of emergency" likely means out of the Emergency Department and moved to ICU. "Stable' is a REALLY relative term. Anyone who has had 15 minutes of CPR is not 'stable' as most people would consider it. Stable in this instance likely means her vital signs are not fluctuating much. It does not have anything to consciousness, breathing without mechanical aid etc.

Right, and it doesn't have anything to do with brain viability, right? All other sources say she remains on a vent. Ten plus minutes non-responsive has to cause some serious deficits, but I am sure there have been exceptions? My sister, a NP, is at work. Can't ask her, so thanks MaryJean!

http://etcanada.com/news/190820/carrie-fisher-suffers-massive-heart-attack-on-plane/

ET Canada has learned that Carrie Fisher suffered a heart attack on a plane on Friday. Todd Fisher, Carrie’s brother, has since shared the actor’s condition.

“There really is not much to say. She is in the intensive care unit, she is being well looked after. If everyone could just pray for her that would be good. The doctors are doing their thing and we don’t want to bug them. We are waiting by patiently.”

He also addressed an earlier comment attributed to him, in which he was alleged to have said his sister was in “stable condition.”

“I don’t know where they got that word from. That is absolutely not even close to the truth. We don’t know. We hope for the best. We certainly do not know her condition, that’s why she is in ICU. I’m sure everyone wants to speculate but now is not the time for that.”

Right, and it doesn't have anything to do with brain viability, right? All other sources say she remains on a vent. Ten plus minutes non-responsive has to cause some serious deficits, but I am sure there have been exceptions? My sister, a NP, is at work. Can't ask her, so thanks MaryJean!

Neuorological outcomes for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest are statistically dismal. Let's hope she's the outlier.

Todd's statement goes against all other reports so far. Perhaps the news articles were rushed and not sufficiently fact-checked. Time will tell.

See post #35. Todd claims statements attributed to him aren't true.

See post #35. Todd claims statements attributed to him aren't true.

Yep, I saw it...thanks.:)

News articles continue to conflict with one another on the details. Not unusual.

Without elaborating further, I'm hoping for the best outcome in all respects.

EXCLUSIVE: Carrie Fisher In Intensive Care Unit After Heart Attack, Brother Says: 'We Hope For the Best'

A bit different from the earlier Canadian version...

A source close to Fisher tells ET that as the plane was descending into LAX, Carrie was awakened and "she started throwing up and saying she couldn't breathe."

Question: Would that be consistent with the other reports?

People having heart attacks often complain of breathlessness and vomit. To collapse after this would be a logical progression.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder
Back