Actress/Author Carrie Fisher, 60, has Passed Away

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I typed my life event on Alan Thicke's thread and I was having computer issues and Lost my post..... I haven't been back to his thread. RIP Alan Thicke.

Ok...

Three weeks ago my husband and I were out shopping for an advent calendar as I had those growing up in Germany when my dad was in the Army.
My husband said he was tired and sat down in the store as I went looking for the calendar. I finally found it, paid for it, and retrieved my husband.
As we were walking to the parking lot he told me his left arm hurt. I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT HEART ATTACK.
He felt great that morning and was physically active and HE DISMISSED IT AS A HEART ATTACK. Why it couldn't be a heart attack to him. He was
eating great ,felt great, and his previous heart attack was four and a half years ago. As were driving he said his left arm still hurt. I told him I think it is
a heart attack. I asked him if he felt clammy. He said kinda. I said take off your ball cap, so we know if you are sweating from the hat or clammy. He
always wears nitro on a necklace. I told him to take one of those, and he had TWO choices, go home and call an ambulance as we weren't far from
home or continue driving to the hospital which we weren't far from. We did make an executive decision to drive to the hospital as we felt if we called
an ambulance from where we were driving the minutes were ticking. and I was worried that the ambulance might not get there really quickly
although response times for ambulances and fire engines are quick here. So the first thing anyone should do is call 911, even
though that is Not what we did. As we were approaching the hospital, my husband said he felt like he was going to throw up.
We park at emergency, walk in and as my husband is trying to explain, I just cut in, because my husband takes his time when talking and time was
of essence. I said we think that he is having a heart attack and he took one nitro. I said he has had a heart attack before. Bam, that wheelchair is placed behind my husband and off he went while I waited at the desk as they got his insurance and driver's license info.Then I was told to sit in the waiting room. I sat facing the double doors and either someone was going in or out or they walked near the doors and it opened and I saw my husband on a bed and they were wheeling him away. I cried. A lady with oxygen sat next to me and all I wanted was a Hug but I couldn't go around hugging people!So I sat by myself holding my hands... They called me back and took me to a room where he was. The nurse said they are going to CATH. I said Cath? Did he have a heart attack? She said yes he is having a heart attack. I did not bring my cellphone, so I used my husband's phone to call his family out of state. The Chaplain led me to a room where it has better phone reception. He told me when I am done to tell security and they will get the Chaplain for me and the Chaplain will take me to the waiting room upstairs. I called my parents, too.
Ok, so now I am in the waiting room. The receptionist made me coffee as it was getting late and they were out of coffee there. I paced. Then my husband's cardiologist came out to talk to me! Wow! How lucky we were that he was on duty that night. They put a stent in. He had a blockage.
Wow, the thing is, my husband was a victim of his own circumstance. How strange. You see, we changed our eating habits in 2012 because of the heart attack. In 2012 my husband had a couple of stents put in. This one, with this heart attack, wow.,that artery was 2 point whatever millimeter back in 2012 so a stent was put in. That artery now was close 3 point something millimeters. So the clot happened between the wall of the artery and that 2012 stent! So the cardiologist was able to insert a stent INSIDE the old one expanding it!
The cardiologist told my husband that I saved his life because remember my husband did not think he was having a heart attack even though the symptoms were the same as in 2012.

Time and quick thinking were on our side.

By the way, when it was time for my husband to be released from the hospital, I walked up to the hospital and there was a lady that was in her 30's maybe, crying as she walked out of the hospital. I looked at her eyes, and I said "God Bless You", as I walked by and she said "Thank You." I wanted to give her a hug, but you can't hug strangers because you don't know how they will react... so I did what I could say to her to comfort her in passing by her...

For Carrie Fisher, I think time was against her because she was on that plane and the minutes were ticking away. I imagine if she does survive, she will have heart damage.
For my husband there was basically no heart damage as everything was done so quickly. We are so grateful, and thankful.

I wish for Carrie Fisher to have good health and peace, and the same for her family. I know how scary and sad this is. God Bless Carrie and her family.

IMOO.

I had no idea you had just gone through this Treelights! I hope your husband is recovering well. Bless you and your husband.

Treelights, thank God your hubby is doing OK. Very frightening experience.

This is a really dumb question but here goes, did the pilot make everyone, including the passengers administering CPR sit down for landing?

I swear I read something in an article about this and now I can't find it.

Would a pilot really do this?

Thanks,
Tricia

This is a really dumb question but here goes, did the pilot make everyone, including the passengers administering CPR sit down for landing?

Thanks,
Tricia

I believe so Tricia, you can listen to the communication between the pilot and ATC here http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-latest-9509603?service=responsive

He says "they are working on her right now and were gonna have them seated in about 2 minutes and be on the ground in 5"

RIGHT. I am probably wrong but wouldn't the pilot be able to make the decision whether they have to go back to their seats or not? Maybe it's the law now that everyone has to be seated no matter what. It seems very strange to me. Does it sound strange to you? Skibaboo, thank you. I am going to tweet this info out. I would thank you on Twitter but I don't have enough room.

Treelights, I am adding my :hug: with a ton of relief. Thank goodness you were with your hubby and knew exactly what he needed. So glad he has no lingering damage and all will be a bright holiday for the two of you --- and extended family/friends.

It always feels even harder when someone goes through heartbreak and worries during the holiday seasons. I do pray Carrie's family is surrounded with lots of love and hope.

I think 'Have them seated' refers to the flight attendants

Possibly it may be standard terminology/talk. I know when I heard it my first thought was what?? It does make it sound like they are referring to the unresponsive passenger (CF) but you may be right.

btw Tricia I'm @AnxietyCentral on twitter ;)

Possibly it may be standard terminology/talk. I know when I heard it my first thought was what?? It does make it sound like they are referring to the unresponsive passenger (CF) but you may be right.

btw Tricia I'm @AnxietyCentral on twitter ;)

No RN or paramedic I know would stop CPR and take their seat. They'd refuse and deal with the fall-out later. I know I sure as hell wouldn't. J/S

Probably all passengers and flight attendants were asked to be seated. I'm thinking that those attending Ms. Fisher found a row with seats together, put arm rests down, and had her lying down across the seats for whatever medical procedures they conducted. They could have been seated for the actual touchdown and then quickly resumed their positions at her side. :moo:

Thanks,
Tricia

The only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask ;) Happy Holidays to you and yours!

I believe so Tricia, you can listen to the communication between the pilot and ATC here http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-latest-9509603?service=responsiveHe says "they are working on her right now and were gonna have them seated in about 2 minutes and be on the ground in 5"

So Carrie Fisher was without anyone pumping her heart for at least 5 minutes? Didn't it take paramedics 15 minutes to get a pulse when she was off the plane?

Thanks,
Tricia

Thank You Tricia! Yes, very frightful experience indeed.

Treelights, I am adding my :hug: with a ton of relief. Thank goodness you were with your hubby and knew exactly what he needed. So glad he has no lingering damage and all will be a bright holiday for the two of you --- and extended family/friends.

It always feels even harder when someone goes through heartbreak and worries during the holiday seasons. I do pray Carrie's family is surrounded with lots of love and hope.

Thank you Spellbound for your thoughts! :)

So Carrie Fisher was without anyone pumping her heart for at least 5 minutes? Didn't it take paramedics 15 minutes to get a pulse when she was off the plane?
This has to be some miscommunication or misunderstanding. IDK. Or maybe the pilot actually thought those people providing care were going to take their seats - but as I posted, there's no way I would stop CPR just to obey some rule. I don't think any other RN or a paramedic worth a damn would either.

I don't know about the former, but BBM- That is what I read last night yes.

I was elated to read she was stable last night but it seems that was inaccurate. I don't think it's going to be very good :( but Carrie Fisher is one tough cookie!

2016 you will not take our Princess!!

I found instructions:

http://www.life1st.com/files/CPR-Legal_and_Ethical.pdf

Included in the instructions for when to stop CPR: "...if you are giving CPR on an airplane, stop during landings. Stop CPR, return to your seat and fasten your seatbelt. Resume CPR as soon as possible after the plane lands."

This has to be some miscommunication or misunderstanding. IDK. Or maybe the pilot actually thought those people providing care were going to take their seats - but as I posted, there's no way I would stop CPR just to obey some rule. I don't think any other RN or a paramedic worth a damn would either.

I agree kanzz. Arrest me when we land if you must but no way in hell am I stopping CPR.

This has to be a misunderstanding like you said. Perhaps the pilot was talking about the flight attendants. I sure hope so

I found instructions:

http://www.life1st.com/files/CPR-Legal_and_Ethical.pdf

Included in the instructions for when to stop CPR: "...if you are giving CPR on an airplane, stop during landings. Stop CPR, return to your seat and fasten your seatbelt. Resume CPR as soon as possible after the plane lands."

Wow Jax, Thank you. I will tweet this as well. Wish I could thank you on Twitter but no room I swear.

Really? Really stop CPR? I'm sorry I would refuse.

Wow Jax, Thank you. I will tweet this as well. Wish I could thank you on Twitter but no room I swear.

Really? Really stop CPR? I'm sorry I would refuse.

I know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985
Back