Adolph Hitler's Parents Lose Custody of the Kids!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Are the names given to these kids considered abuse alone?

• Yes

Votes: 83 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • Uncertain

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Other - Please explain.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Not if it can be proven to be a family name passed down

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
Aren't you a condescending little thing??? I know EXACTLY who Hitler is and I am VERY aware of WWII, thank you very much.

I would also like to thank you for making the assumption that I am both brain dead and completely ignorant when it comes to world history and life in general SIMPLY because I don't happen to agree with YOUR particular point-of-view.

The point I was trying to make was CLEARLY missed on your part.

You are entitled to beleive WHATEVER you want to, just like EVERYONE else.

I have not called you brain dead or ignorant. I respect that you have your own opinion. I merely called out that there is indeed a major difference between being named Hitler vs. Herbert. And when I mention extremist radicals that goes for any religion or group of people who advocate violence and hatred toward other people. Doesn't mean any particular race, creed or religion.

Apparently I did read each post here. I read yours. Then I came to this one.

Maybe I am backward? That post IMO says you're happy. Right? You're against removal of children in almost all cases. Right? Then the "but" comes in. We canNOT afford to continue to teach children racism........

Hey, I agree with you there, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen anytime soon. If kids were removed from homes where one or both parents are racist the courts would be overwhelmed. Then you'd have to walk the fine line of exactly what racism is. Weed out the seperatists from the racists from the supremacists.

This is a sensitive issue. Point blank I can tell you just because a child is taught something doesn't mean they grow into an adult who shares the parents view. Heck, sometimes it goes the other way. Naming that little guy Adolph Hitler was a boneheaded move. Still, it doesn't mean the kid is going to grow up to try and take down gays, Jews, Poles, Catholics and the like.[/QUOTE]

above BBM:

I stick by my statement that I am glad because in this case it seems warranted and has the benefit of getting these children out of an obviously racist and probably abusive environment and they can hopefully get some counseling to address whatever issues they've been exposed to. Obviously, we cannot remove all children from racist parents but IMO the less exposure children have to it, the better the world will be. Agreed that parents don't always dictate a child's later views in life, and some children even rebel and do the opposite, but in this type of (what I view as) extreme environment, I think there was a very high likelihood of the children growing up to be racist and the boy was already showing violent tendencies, apparently, so I am not ashamed to say I'm happy about their removal.

Reading this thread I have come to the realization that there are many, many young people who have absolutely no idea who Adolph Hitler is or for what he stands for what World War II was all about or what the Holocaust is. With that in mind, please, for those of you who do not have any idea what Adolph Hitler and the Holocaust is, please google and read. If you have read, please do not ever mistake naming your child Adolph Hitler with naming your child after alcoholic drinks as the same. It isn't even in the same class of conversation...............please.

Yes. Hitler is the most hated human on earth. Period.

It reminds me of something my dad encountered at his work. There was a Hispanic lady who announced one day that she named her baby Hitler. My parents and brother work for social services and they are not allowed to comment on things like names, but my dad could not resist. He realized the lady probably had no idea who Hitler was. It just was an English-sounding name to her that she had heard before. When my dad explained who Hitler was, she was a tiny bit surprised.
Another lady named her child feces. Yes, that's right, feces. When my dad told her what it meant, she got defensive and said no one in the Spanish-speaking community would know that, which is: 1, false and 2, does not account for the fact that her child was being raised in the US where the majority know exactly what that means, regardless of their primary language. Oh, I could tell you about more names that my brother encountered (first names only), just ridiculous. But those were two of the worst.

In any event, I do think knowingly giving your child a name like Hitler is abusive but I don't think it merits removal from the home. These kids can change their names later on. This is not life threatening.
The point is that these names spotlighted this family and apparently gave them attention they could not afford to have. When authorities looked closer, they found reasons to remove the children. The names, IMO are just a symptom, in this case, of a larger problem at home.

I have not called you brain dead or ignorant. I respect that you have your own opinion. I merely called out that there is indeed a major difference between being named Hitler vs. Herbert. And when I mention extremist radicals that goes for any religion or group of people who advocate violence and hatred toward other people. Doesn't mean any particular race, creed or religion.

With all due respect you said to Jenni "I reccomend you google Hitler and WWII and get to know what this name represents". Then you followed it up with the mornonic name bit.

Merely calling out there is a major difference between being named Hitler vs Herbert wouldn't have to include suggesting Jenni doesn't know who Hitler is and doesn't know anything about WWII. Personally I'd have taken that as condescending, but that's just me.

Anywho folks a quick search and I found there is actually someone named Adolph Hitler and Adolf Hitler in the States. There are quite a few people with the surname Hitler in the States where those two reside so that begs to question who the heck named them that?

It is possible they legally changed their name of course. I'm still puzzled by Honzlynn Hinler Jennie. We were so engrossed in Adolph that we left lil Honzlynn out. I suspect it is some variation of Heinrich Himmler?

Then we have Aryan Nation herself. Aryan is a pretty name. They could have simply named the little girl that. I don't think anyone would be too offended by Hinduism, Sanskrit and an Indo-European race.

Here is the judge's opinion re: the appeal of the TPR case. Nowhere does it mention the names. What apparently happened was someone made a CPS call and the social workers found more (much more) and proceeded from there.

http://lawlibrary.rutgers.edu/courts/appellate/a2208-09.opn.html

Interestingly, the document says that the call alleged lengthy confinements in booster seats and domestic violence in the home. Not all calls are investigated - only if the allege actual abuse or neglect. Perhaps two calls came in around the same time and the one about the cake wasn't even investigated? Or perhaps the cake call also alleged the booster seat issue and the DV?

This doesn't shock me... got to remember that this is the same couple that tried to take one of the sauced up grandmas to a court hearing in hopes that the court would hand custody of the children to her. Bright idea that was, thinking that a liquored-up relative would highly impress a judge as a viable custodial candidate... :doh:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/jim-deegan/index.ssf/2009/01/parents_of_child_named_hitler.html

*snip*
Deborah Campbell said it was her mother, not her husband, who was sauced. Mom was in the car and accompanying the Campbells to the hearing on the chance authorities would release the kids to her if not the parents, her daughter said.

I voted yes Steely.

Is it abusive by the legal definition? No.

Is it abusive emotionally to name a child "Hitler"? Yes I do think so, because of the negative connotations associated with the name Hitler.

I don't see the name Adolf as a problem. It's the Hitler that would present a problem for the child. Not me.

FWIW, these children were not removed because of their given names, IIRC they were removed initially for abuse.

People can name their children anything they want to in this country as far as I know. When we have a child, we spend a lot of time selecting a name for that child.

For example: 3 of my children are named for beloved family members. 2 Deceased and 1 still living (although she is over 100 years old now).

Those middle names were selected to honor the beloved family members, to give our children an anchor in which they can identify themselves as a significant and important part of our family. As long as our children live, carrying the names of our beloved family members the message is to anyone else, we loved and valued that family member so much that we named our child for them.

What message were these parents wanting to send to the world via their children by naming their Son ~ Hitler ~

I don't know these people but I can only conclude that it is to honor and to show how valued Adolf Hitler was to these parents. That Adolf Hitler was so important and respected by these parents that they chose to name their own Son--Hitler.

So is it a crime? Nope. Is it unconscionable to saddle a child with a name that carries such negativity for the majority of the population? Yes I do think so.

This doesn't shock me... got to remember that this is the same couple that tried to take one of the sauced up grandmas to a court hearing in hopes that the court would hand custody of the children to her. Bright idea that was, thinking that a liquored-up relative would highly impress a judge as a viable custodial candidate... :doh:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/jim-deegan/index.ssf/2009/01/parents_of_child_named_hitler.html

*snip*
Deborah Campbell said it was her mother, not her husband, who was sauced. Mom was in the car and accompanying the Campbells to the hearing on the chance authorities would release the kids to her if not the parents, her daughter said.

So while reading over this article. I am left with the impression the mother wanted the children removed from their home based on

The letter to the neighbor 2 days after DCS showed up to her house.
The recorded fight between the couple that the neighbor recorded. The loud yelling from the mother while the father could not be heard. The lenght of time the neighbor held onto these pieces of evidence. The fact dcs offered her a place to go with her kids and she told them to take the kids. I do believe she wanted them taken at the time. Maybe still but she isnt gonna say that because of him.IMO

There's a lot of very good reasons for their removal. They said they wouldn't remove them due to their names alone. My question is if it constitutes abuse which I believe it does, but if you read the second article there is a lot going on there.

I don't think a ridiculous name meets the standards of abuse personally.

Being beat up in school on the basis of a name is a pretty low standard. How many Dick's, Harold's, Herman's, and Norman's have been ridiculed and made fun of? You might advise your friend to think of another name, but you wouldn't call CPS.

Kids get tormented in school over religious beliefs, cultural customs, and because they were adopted by gay parents. Society tormenting someone can not be used as a standard to judge abuse by.

Of course naming your kid Adolf Hitler or Timothy McVeigh is probably a good way to have a full blown investigation started, but in and of itself is not abuse.

Admittedly it was a boneheaded move to name their children this. Adolph, and Aryan would have sufficed. I got nothing on the Himmler kid. Just call her Jeannie, maybe?

There are plenty of heroic, talented and artistic people in German history they could have named these kids after. However, it's their basic freedom to name their children anything they want.

They're not the brightest bulbs obviously. Maybe they were abused themselves as kids. No education. That doesn't warrant taking people's children from them. If there is abuse and psychological problems aside from bad taste I'd like to know their diagnosis. If Momma did write the note and spoke the truth about hubby well they got some huge problems.

Taking children because they chose those names? That's not abuse. IMO
They were not taken from them due to the children's names. the wife said the husband had threatened to kill, and her older son has also threatened to kill, seems that the house was violent. seems these people were also abused but were not going for therapy for their own miss guided ways and pains.
The children's names is only a reflection of their minds - angry and careless at best. IMHO it is very careless to let a child be named after a man much hated by most.and the period of history they are aligned with reflects non other then an angry heart and mind. I would consider them a danger and I do hope these kids will do better without them.
But the kids were not taken away due to their names. Although it sure makes me raise my eyebrows all the way to my hairline.

I don't think a ridiculous name meets the standards of abuse personally.

Being beat up in school on the basis of a name is a pretty low standard. How many Dick's, Harold's, Herman's, and Norman's have been ridiculed and made fun of? You might advise your friend to think of another name, but you wouldn't call CPS.

Kids get tormented in school over religious beliefs, cultural customs, and because they were adopted by gay parents. Society tormenting someone can not be used as a standard to judge abuse by.

Of course naming your kid Adolf Hitler or Timothy McVeigh is probably a good way to have a full blown investigation started, but in and of itself is not abuse.
The least you can call it is unconscious in every way. it does not consider what a burden it would be for their child. They do not consider the many who were mortally harmed by this man. In fact it is outright cold to put a child through that piece of history.YES it borders on abuse as we define it, but it is actually worse then abuse in my book, I think it is soul robbing. I think those children could have had very different possibilities in life without such a harsh name. WOW!

The least you can call it is unconscious in every way. it does not consider what a burden it would be for their child. They do not consider the many who were mortally harmed by this man. In fact it is outright cold to put a child through that piece of history.YES it borders on abuse as we define it, but it is actually worse then abuse in my book, I think it is soul robbing. I think those children could have had very different possibilities in life without such a harsh name. WOW!

can you even imagine what would happen when they are discussing this piece of history in the child's social studies class? i can't even think about it...

They were not taken from them due to the children's names. the wife said the husband had threatened to kill, and her older son has also threatened to kill, seems that the house was violent. seems these people were also abused but were not going for therapy for their own miss guided ways and pains.
The children's names is only a reflection of their minds - angry and careless at best. IMHO it is very careless to let a child be named after a man much hated by most.and the period of history they are aligned with reflects non other then an angry heart and mind. I would consider them a danger and I do hope these kids will do better without them.
But the kids were not taken away due to their names. Although it sure makes me raise my eyebrows all the way to my hairline.

Songline I understand the children were not taken away because of their names. However, I do think they possibly were made scapegoats. The original question Steely posed is it abuse because the kids were named such. That was the question. I say no.

Would you raise your eyebrow when Benito Mussolini was called on at school? There's a few of those in the United States. How about Idi Amin? I already mentioned there's an Adolph Hitler and an Adolf Hitler in the States.

Doubtful I'd raise my eyebrows at any of those names including Adolf, but I'd know who they were talking about as opposed to Jason A, Jason D and Jason R. I know I'd do a double take and shake of the head, but they're names.

I wonder how Benito's marks were?

Songline I understand the children were not taken away because of their names. However, I do think they possibly were made scapegoats. The original question Steely posed is it abuse because the kids were named such. That was the question. I say no.

Would you raise your eyebrow when Benito Mussolini was called on at school? YES
There's a few of those in the United States. How about Idi Amin? YES
I already mentioned there's an Adolph Hitler and an Adolf Hitler in the States. YES again

Doubtful I'd raise my eyebrows at any of those names including Adolf, but I'd know who they were talking about as opposed to Jason A, Jason D and Jason R. I know I'd do a double take and shake of the head, but they're names.

I wonder how Benito's marks were?

Yes I would raise my eyebrows, and feel very blessed to have a name not associated with any part of such History.
Those children had added burden growing up.

can you even imagine what would happen when they are discussing this piece of history in the child's social studies class? i can't even think about it...
I can only say I feel very blessed.
But I can imagine so many people turning away from them and it is not even their fault. I can imagine the ridicule, BUT thank God I can not imagine what it would be like to be them.

All the kids named Herbert or whatever name children find unattractive could provoke the same issues these kids name names could. I doubt children would respond at all to the names until at least 6th grade.
Bullying starts in schools a lot earlier than 6th grade! In my case, it started as early as 4th grade, and that was back in 1969! The names I was called were terrible, and horribly affected my self-esteem for many years. It went beyond names, and I was ostracized, and I wasn't bullied for my real name. I think naming your child Adolf Hitler is abuse, much like naming him Charles Manson!!! :razz:Doesn't begin to compare to a mundane name like Herbert!

I like the name Herbert...

Me too.

You can call me Herb

You can call me Herbie

You can call me Bert

Just don't call me late for dinner (Or Hitler please? :D)

I am old enough to remember when this guy turned his fifteen minutes of fame into thirty and should have only been five to begin with;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc[/ame]

The bit was, from what I recall, the only bit that was even remotely funny in his book of material.

IIRC, he got an hour long TV special. He did commercials and all off of that barely passably funny bit. :waitasec::banghead: Timing I Yi Yi Yi

I would almost watch 2 seconds of Dane Cook, if I got to never see that stupid Ray Jay guy again!!

LOL Steely me and my bro used to drive my Mom bonkers doing that routine in the house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back