aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear a lot of people discussing the victim impact statements. IMO, the trial won't even get to that point. JA runs the show, and that includes how she dies. She does NOT want to hear from his family or give them the satisfaction of speaking on his behalf. Wednesday will probably consist of the judge telling us she's waived the last two phases, and requests the death penalty. Of course, JA loves to hear the sound of her own voice; so who knows?!

That JA support site is horrible. I wish I didn't click on it...

I don't know...just can't imagine Jodi requesting for death to come to 'THE Jodi Arias' !

I hear a lot of people discussing the victim impact statements. IMO, the trial won't even get to that point. JA runs the show, and that includes how she dies. She does NOT want to hear from his family or give them the satisfaction of speaking on his behalf. Wednesday will probably consist of the judge telling us she's waived the last two phases, and requests the death penalty. Of course, JA loves to hear the sound of her own voice; so who knows?!

That JA support site is horrible. I wish I didn't click on it...
I agree. I can't believe what was posted today. It is inhuman.

I'd love to search for the weapons too. She didn't have a shovel so I don't think she buried them in the desert. Besides, she probably wanted to hide them in place where it would be easy for her to access them.

I bet she just chucked them in a dumpster behind any gas station along the way to RB's, in an empty Wal-Mart bag, maybe wrapped in a towel. Waste Management disposed of it for her, never to be found. JA did nothing extraordinary like burying in the desert with a shovel, no need to... imo

It's not the first time they posted that. I cried the first time I saw it. I cannot believe there are people like this among us.

:banghead:

IMO I do not think JA has a choice on the victim impact statements. Although I am not in AZ, it is my understanding that at the time of sentencing a defendant the victims always have the right to their statements. If by some miracle and I mean miracle, she was serious about wanting the DP and waiving the rest of the trial then there would still be a proper sentencing.

She doesn't want to die. She wants to be a martyr and have her followers feel sorry for her. POOR JODI. She has been the victim her whole life.

Can't wait until she is locked away and no longer in the spotlight. She will not like it one bit.

I really wouldn't even follow this case anymore if it weren't for the Alexander family and my faith in them. They are unbelievable. Their Grandmother and Travis have to be so proud.

Perspective whacked me a few times a little while ago. It occurred to me--what theater of the absurd is this, that so many people are parsing the every inflection, the every minute hand movement, much less the every word of a pathological liar.

This murderer is a failed waitress who didn't even graduate from high school. She never accomplished a single thing in her life that came from her own effort. She doesn't seem to have had an original thought in her life, and what she calls her "art" are tracings from magazine ads.

The only thing she will ever be remembered for is a brutal act of absolute destruction, and a hatred sp enormous that it couldn't be quenched even with the blood of her victim.

Listen any more her? Why?

Look how long it takes JW to notice Jodi looking at her like "mommy? help me?" Finally JW turns and puts her hand behind Jodi's back and gives her a pat in a sort of "nice kitty" when someone pats kitty on the head in that awkward way. I still can't figure out where Kirk Nurmi was, maybe thanking his lucky stars she won't be getting out of prison.

Yeah, where was Nurmi? I didn't see him in court, but just thought it was the camera angles or something.

I cannot see how any protocol could allow for something like that to happen with a convicted murderer, whether awaiting transport or not. It's obviously a security problem of the first order to allow anyone into the area with the inmate to begin with, but how that could happen is just beyond me unless LE was actively involved in facilitating the event. :stormingmad:

I agree. I just can't for the life of me figure out how that interview could possibly happen. Is this something that would be allowed for anyone that was just convicted? I am not that familiar with how things work in the States but here in Canada I don't think that would be allowed at all. I am so shocked she could get away with that. If her Mom wanted to go and spend all that time with her after the verdict instead of the reporter would that have been allowed? To me whoever in that court building let that interview occur should be fired.

i've been on the receiving end of what DAs do. the victim is re-victimized by the process. i was embarrassed and humiliated in a courtroom full of strangers for being RAPED by a stranger----a cab driver who picked me up to go to work when my car wouldn't start. that's all i did 'wrong.'

this is what's done in the name of protecting the rights of the accused. i get that they deserve a defense. nobody's disputing that. but i don't really think the intent of the system was ever to just make chit up and malign someone who's been hurt or killed, in order to get the defendant off.

i know PERSONALLY how it feels. and until you've been there, or someone you love has been there, you really don't know what it's like.

respectfully!!
I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope the man was found guilty and is serving time for the crime. Good for you for testifying. Sadly, I am sure many rapes go up reported because of what the victim must endure at trial.

i've been on the receiving end of what DAs do. the victim is re-victimized by the process. i was embarrassed and humiliated in a courtroom full of strangers for being RAPED by a stranger----a cab driver who picked me up to go to work when my car wouldn't start. that's all i did 'wrong.'

this is what's done in the name of protecting the rights of the accused. i get that they deserve a defense. nobody's disputing that. but i don't really think the intent of the system was ever to just make chit up and malign someone who's been hurt or killed, in order to get the defendant off.

i know PERSONALLY how it feels. and until you've been there, or someone you love has been there, you really don't know what it's like.

respectfully!!

I'm so, so sorry you had to go through that! I'm not sure I would have the strength to do it. Victims should not lose THEIR rights just because they are victimized (and, in some cases, deceased.)

May God bless you as you continue to heal!

Not to mention one of them was not paying attention to the verdict and making some ignorant statement about only 5 jurors voting for premeditation and 7 of them not.

Yes many are horrible....if their clients weren't guilty they wouldn't have to stoop to such ugly tactics. Why go for truth when its easier to use the dog and pony show or smokescreens to distract from it? It's sick.
Not all DA's do this though. Remember there ARE people wrongfully accused (not every person arrested is actually a criminal) and deserve a good vigorous defense. They are essential to our system...if you were wrongfully accused of a crime, you would want someone who believed you and fought for you. Not that Nurmi and Wilmott are this of course, (they of the smokescreen belief), but hating all DAs is like hating one group of people because of the actions of some.

Fragile,
I never said I hate them. I do not know them. What I did say is that I have no respect for them. Do you believe that if you were wrongfully accused, a top notch criminal defense attorney would come to your aid unless you paid him his hefty fee? Do you think he/she would say, "oh well that is a good, innocent person so I will offer my support and services even though they don't have the money."?

Think again. You would end up in prison for something you didn't do.

I do NOT respect them.

I have said that Mark Eiglarsh is easy on the eyes. :)
But that's all the praise I can offer him.

Excellent points. I wish I could figure out a new rule to stop what happened in this trial. But I just cant think of anything to stop a witness from just plain lying like Jodi did. Some of the allegations were horrendous, but how do we stop false lies if the person is up there testifying.

The only solice is the jury can usually tell when they are outright lies like in this case. But the damage is done already.

their experts lied too. their whole case has been a lie. i don't have the answers. i'm just angry about it. yes, she was convicted because the jury saw through it, but what about CA? that jury was also lied to from opening statements and she's free because of it. it's just screwed up when you can accuse a grandfather of molesting his daughter, throwing his granddaughter away like garbage, with absolutely no factual basis at all. and GA has to live on knowing there are people out there who believe that BS! and he has no recourse at all against the guy who said it.
i just think the system needs some adjustments. pendulum's swung too far in one direction, IMO.

Funny, that was the first thing I tried to observe. I really thought she was in stripes because they zoomed in on her face so much. But there were a few seconds they zoomed out just enough for me to see the collar. So she was wearing her own clothes during the interview. But again, the interview was done, like, 20 minutes after the verdict. They probably didn't have to time to have her changed.

By the way, was she in the courthouse yesterday when the whole thing got cancelled? Rumors said she arrived wearing street clothes.

She's wearing her courtroom top, but she's sporting those stripped pants. I forget which segment it's in, but they zoom out just enough to see Joe's finest designs on her butt! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I bet she just chucked them in a dumpster behind any gas station along the way to RB's, in an empty Wal-Mart bag, maybe wrapped in a towel. Waste Management disposed of it for her, never to be found. JA did nothing extraordinary like burying in the desert with a shovel, no need to... imo

Very likely. Or.... I've driven from Vegas to Utah, and through the Az desert. There are a lot of cliffs and gorges she could easily have tossed the item out her car window and into a gorge. There is a whole lot of nothing out there.

We were driving out of St George Utah which is on the southwest corner, headed towards Green River Utah which near the middle of the state. We had the GPS on. All the way from LA, the GPS would speak up every few miles and say something like "... in 2 miles keep to the left..." . Leaving St George, it said: "Drive 235 Miles. Then turn right."

I have no doubt that CKJA will pull a similar stunt (as Richard Allen Davis). JMO ~

Yes but she will do it in some kind of saccharine passive aggressive manipulative way. I don't think she really gets to them...from what I've seen they mostly laugh her off which is amazing. I think Travis' love has somehow immunized them to her evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela