aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent points. I wish I could figure out a new rule to stop what happened in this trial. But I just cant think of anything to stop a witness from just plain lying like Jodi did. Some of the allegations were horrendous, but how do we stop false lies if the person is up there testifying.

The only solice is the jury can usually tell when they are outright lies like in this case. But the damage is done already.
Too bad someone can't invent an internal lie detector.
Instead of a Pinocchio nose... you get ZAPPED!
:floorlaugh:

Hey Jodi................Remember this:

thoushallnot-large-325x216.jpg

So now Face the Music...​

I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope the man was found guilty and is serving time for the crime. Good for you for testifying. Sadly, I am sure many rapes go up reported because of what the victim must endure at trial.

no, he served 7 years of a 99 year sentence. this was back when judge william wayne justice made texas let prisoners out due to overcrowding. i think it was after the ruiz decision. anyway, my 'fella' died several years later but he should have died in prison.
sorry i brought it up. i just get a little riled about how defense attorneys can't help it and they're only doing their job, when i know how it feels to have that 'job' done on you.

It just hit me. JA used a recorded call of her and Travis to try to get away with murder and paint him in bad light, forever tainted. Well, now the JURY will listen to her little voicemail to Troy and it will seal her fate for the Death Penalty, NO REMORSE.

She's her own worse enemy...I like it! Keep talking convicted killer.

Exactly. Like she says she wanted to take a plea to avoid bringing up all the bad things about Travis.....so what does she do? She brings it all up again. Sorry, Jodi. Not buying anything you say, including that you want the DP. Keep talking, convicted felon.

She's wearing her courtroom top, but she's sporting those stripped pants. I forget which segment it's in, but they zoom out just enough to see Joe's finest designs on her butt! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Dang I was in the courtroom and missed that!

I agree. I just can't for the life of me figure out how that interview could possibly happen. Is this something that would be allowed for anyone that was just convicted? I am not that familiar with how things work in the States but here in Canada I don't think that would be allowed at all. I am so shocked she could get away with that. If her Mom wanted to go and spend all that time with her after the verdict instead of the reporter would that have been allowed? To me whoever in that court building let that interview occur should be fired.

Those are my feelings too on it and I hope it isnt worse. Like is it possible that if they found they broke protocol and should not have let her have that interview, is this something that could cause a mistrial or something? Because the trial is really not over yet.

I sure hope not. I asked the other day in the thread about the 1st phase being over and can anything be done to un-do it, and most people seemed unanimous that this 1st phase is carved in stone except for possible appeals. I sure hope so.

This interview surely should not have been allowed and if it screws anything up, I hope it only screws up the last two phases. She needs to stay convicted.

Im a little worried about this.

It is ironic that Arias can slit a man's throat without any hesitation marks, almost decapitating him. But yet, the only time she actually attempted suicide--she nicked herself with a razor blade, but stopped because it stung too much.

She doesn't care about the pain (physical or emotional, life stories of his were worked into her handiwork of torture/murder) she caused Travis, she still muddies his name. She still is trying to cause pain to his family and friends, ...his family she didn't even know--blaming them for her actions.

I hope they read that letter to sent Travis' Grandmother in court or at least, let the Jury judge it for themselves.

I had somehow avoided the information about the surrogate baby thing until the verdict. :scared: :thud:
Thank you jury for convicting her. :seeya:

If you had not, in a few years we would have been discussing the disappearance or death of Jodi's baby...
After IT got in her way... or said "I HATE YOU" or peed on her... :giggle: or you know, something BAD. :facepalm:

Then it really would have been Caylee Anthony all over again... :please:
And I REALLY don't think some of us could have handled THAT! :eek:verreaction:

Yes but she will do it in some kind of saccharine passive aggressive manipulative way. I don't think she really gets to them...from what I've seen they mostly laugh her off which is amazing. I think Travis' love has somehow immunized them to her evil.

:seeya: I am so happy to hear that katiecoolady. Again, this family's strength and dignity is just incredible. I have so much respect and admiration for them all and I'm so thankful they have you! By the way, you're quite amazing yourself (((katie))).

What a rip off and I bet you were afraid when he was let go.
no, he served 7 years of a 99 year sentence. this was back when judge william wayne justice made texas let prisoners out due to overcrowding. i think it was after the ruiz decision. anyway, my 'fella' died several years later but he should have died in prison.
sorry i brought it up. i just get a little riled about how defense attorneys can't help it and they're only doing their job, when i know how it feels to have that 'job' done on you.

I just saw the interview HLN did with the actors for the Lifetime JA movie. Pretty good casting for the 2 actors I saw. Anyone else see it?

Yeah, where was Nurmi? I didn't see him in court, but just thought it was the camera angles or something.

He was there. I saw his 7 foot tall shoulder on the right hand side of the camera. Grey suit.

Why is the site moving so slow today? Sure doesn't seem like many posting...

I just saw the interview HLN did with the actors for the Lifetime JA movie. Pretty good casting for the 2 actors I saw. Anyone else see it?

Yes. I did. They do look like the participants... My only concern is.. Are they showing what Jodi says happened? Or from Travis's point of view??

She's wearing her courtroom top, but she's sporting those stripped pants. I forget which segment it's in, but they zoom out just enough to see Joe's finest designs on her butt! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I saw it too. I think she was going into the holding cell for the interview.

I'm still not convinced that the sex recording wasn't phonied up by xxxxxx given one of his previous business ventures is in voice recognition software. I'm not saying it happened, just that I'm curious IF it did, and IF it's even possible. I can imagine them taking an actual phone call from her call history records, then making a recording that matched the time allotted and conformed to her defense and other evidence. He would need voice samples of both of them, which are readily available, and proper time stamping. I'm not wedded to this idea, just would like to explore if it's possible. Do I need to wear a tin foil hat today? :blushing:

Hi....I've theorized the same thing, but also not "wedded" to it...and never have time to spend on it or want to invite drama into my life...lol!
Per Google, he was a high-paid magician among other things; i.e., he patented the voice recognition system -1990, has a book on Amazon: xxxxxxxxx - charm-the power of positive choice. The Charm...: The Power of Positive Choice (Volume 1):Amazon:Books

This '96 article is about his "Butler in a Box" which apparently fabricates & produces various voices:
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19960407&slug=2322832

In '84 he produced & marketed Mastervoice:
http://m.deseretnews.com/article/23...IVES-NEW-MEANING-TO-BUTLER-DID-IT.html?pg=all

Interesting
ETA: yeah, we're ready for our tin foil hats, most definately

fab u wrote " quoted" what I wanted to...and yes it was disgusting. But thanks for going there..That site is so delusional

Yes. I did. They do look like the participants... My only concern is.. Are they showing what Jodi says happened? Or from Travis's point of view??

That's what I want to know, too. Someone is controlling the content - but is it the Arias side or the Alexander side?

Off to IMDB to check on it.....

Excellent points. I wish I could figure out a new rule to stop what happened in this trial. But I just cant think of anything to stop a witness from just plain lying like Jodi did. Some of the allegations were horrendous, but how do we stop false lies if the person is up there testifying.

The only solice is the jury can usually tell when they are outright lies like in this case. But the damage is done already.

I agree, but I also wish nothing was excluded. I still have a hard time understanding the concept of "prejudicial" and how it would not be fair if it is the truth. If we, the public, can know, why can't the jury.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member