aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumping off your post -- not singling you out...

While I am quite pleased with this verdict, I am taken aback by some of the rowdy displays I have seen regarding the verdict. The mob outside of the courthouse when it was announced, with their hoots, cheers, arm-pumping, etc. was insulting to the justice system. That kind of behavior would not be allowed in the courtroom, and it's inappropriate outside (or probably anywhere in public).

I know, it was fueled by high emotions (and media hype) after a very hard-fought battle, but this was not a World Series game or Super Bowl or NASCAR race win. It reminded me of the mobs at lynchings, beheadings & witch burnings in more barbaric times. This verdict was/is serious business. Expressing joy and satisfaction can be done respectfully and maturely.

(Sorry to be a wet blanket, but...)

Hi Verbonica,

You are right and not a wet blanket. Those days of respecting the Justice system , Unfortunately, went out the window with trials like the Rodney King and OJ trial. What happened after tose verdicts Poisoned everything.

Now it is the norm to route for the HOME team like a spectator sport. Makes me sick, but so much for evolution!

While I am quite pleased with this verdict, I am taken aback by some of the rowdy displays I have seen regarding the verdict. The mob outside of the courthouse when it was announced, with their hoots, cheers, arm-pumping, etc. was insulting to the justice system. That kind of behavior would not be allowed in the courtroom, and it's inappropriate outside (or probably anywhere in public).

I know, it was fueled by high emotions (and media hype) after a very hard-fought battle, but this was not a World Series game or Super Bowl or NASCAR race win. It reminded me of the mobs at lynchings, beheadings & witch burnings in more barbaric times. This verdict was/is serious business. Expressing joy and satisfaction can be done respectfully and maturely.

Meet another wet blanket. I could not agree with you more. :seeya:

His daughter sings a tribute to Travis, it's on youtube. She put up a picture of her dad and mom in the video. So now I'm totally confused
this is her song "I hope you fly"
http://www.youtube.com/user/CorinnaCares
AngelaAnne "I Hope You Fly" for Alexanders - YouTube

Re the confusion...

Maybe he was previously married with children, and got divorced and now he just has a girlfriend.
That may explain it.

I dont have any idea about him. But like him as an attorney for sure

OT any news on Gosnell jury? no recent threads here

:seeya: Just Sailing Thru! I heard about an hour ago on HLN that the Gosnell jury is "struggling with the abortion doctor's fate". This case is as open & shut as JA's case is, IMO. Maybe they're taking longer because there are so many counts to go through, otherwise, I don't understand what's taking them so long. It's Murder 1, people! :moo:

Not yet .. here are the main theories flying around (shown in order of probability)

• JA's interviews with Fox and her move to the psyche ward caused a delay because she needs to have a competentcy eval before continuing
  • JA's interviews from Fox caused a delay as Juan wanted to move to bring them into evidence
  • JA's interviews with Fox caused Nurmi, or Wilmott or both to file a motion to withdraw because they've had enough of JA
    [*]JA went bat***** crazy in the courtroom and hid under a table and refused to get out and got tazed

For all of the above: extended to Wednesday because Dr Horn unavailable until then.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

If so, what a shame it wasn't caught on camera

Hey All..

I just wanted to jump on quickly to say Hello and..

1) I almost fell over when I heard HLN mentioning the Gosnell Trial because no one has mentioned much about in the media
2) That CNN actually had indepth reporting on Benghazi another 1st I've seen starting today (Thought I was in some kind of parallel universe for a minute LMAO)

BUT REALLY CAME TO SAY..
How flip'n creepy & disturbing is it to rewatch CMJA's interrogation videos now after everything we've seen & learned about this case!!

It's like you can actually watch her create the lies as they go along.. Ex. They took her purse got her DL then you see here almost remember it's a POBox on DL so she says but since it has POB they found my car registration in the purse I was using at that time.

I've said it before I'll say it again the DEVIL is ALWAYS in the DETAILS.. the more details you get the bigger the lie because they want to make sure they cover all the holes in their story etc!! But this extremely interesting to watch this again knowing what we know now.

After watching Casey Anthony doing exactly the same it's like Deja Vu all over again!

I was re-reading JA's myspace entry. She has that "Inn loving memory of Travis" thing on it. Her sister posted that "One day you're gonna be famous, and I'll be like, yep, that's my sister."

Oh, the irony.:)

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

If so, what a shame it wasn't caught on camera

I'm storing that theory in my 'too good to be true' file .. please let it be so!!

convicted prisoners do not have first amendment rights in prison - see following

Prisoners do not have a First Amendment right to speak freely.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Prisoners'+Rights

prisoners do not have full Constitutional rights, they are protected by the Constitution's prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment (see Amendment VIII). This protection requires that prisoners be afforded a minimum standard of living. Prisoners retain some other Constitutional rights, including due process in their right to administrative appeals and a right of access to the parole process. The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment has been held to apply to prison inmates.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/prisoners_rights

I wasn't necessarily talking about incarcerated felons. The post I responded to mentioned bearing arms and voting, neither of which are done in prison.

Only one of your sources mentioned the 1st amendment and it's not automaticlly revoked in prison, it's discretionary and can be challenged in court. Regardless, it's not the same as gun and voting restrictions.

One of the best websites I found when I found myself dating a BPD and had just figured out that is was indeed a BPD individual was this one...

http://gettinbetter.com/gift.html

I felt like she was writing some of the articles directly to me. I just starting a cursory review of the linked page and it breaks my heart to know that some of the most wounded and gentle souls are the ones that get targeted and tormented by the worst of the predatory BPD. No offense to those who know they have it and work diligently there entire lives to live with it...but most are resistant to treatment and even most therapists won't deal with them.

I want to feel some mercy for JA, but I just can't. I don't care how messed up a borderline is...or how vulnerable a victim is to their charms and crazy making energy. There is no excuse for the brutal murder of Travis and I am so grateful this freak of nature will not see the light of day in order to inflict violence on any other human being.

We must get something straight about Arpaio.....if you've followed the news for the last couple of years out of Arizona...he's been persecuted by the govt and others (none of what they have tried to do to him has been successful BTW) and is not able to carry out his usual pit bull style.

Persecuted because he's corrupt? I've read a lot about him but don't live there so don't know. MOO

Enjoy the time with your mom. I miss mine. :(

Thinking of you chijojo....my mom died 12 years ago...Prayers.

As you go through your Mom things.....think the Happy Memories!! Keep her things that are important to you close to your heart!! You are still with your Mom in thought!!

I have to respectfully disagree as well. This was not a mod, they didn't kick trash cans or start a fire to celebrate; these people were just elated for justice finally being served.

I remember watching the verdict and when I heard "guilty" I jumped up and cupped my hands together and yelled loudly "YES!". I wished there were other people there with me so I could huge them to share my feelings.

Being a victim in a Court Setting, I am for Justice. It is personal issue for me, and hits a cord with me. Everyone has their OWN life experiences and that is what makes us unique. Not coming down on you for your post or anything ( no problems ) but when I see Justice done right (and not Blind Justice ) Yes, I am very happy.

I watched the OJ, and CA cases....and was starting to lose faith in the \justice system. So yes, I am happy. Travis did not deserve to die.

I wish I could have helped some how before it happened.....

We all have tears and joy different ways. :KISSY: and ;HUGS;

I am just more emotional....LOL....2 close 2 my heart

Now to cut my grass this weekend.

ITA, a beautiful poster said on the radio show the other night that she felt she received justice all over again after the murder of her brother. I bet that many of us who have suffered such brutal losses also felt the same way.

Celebrating justice being served in our imperfect (tho the best in the world, IMO)
System which bends over backwards to insure the rights of the accused is a perfectly sane response in a sometimes seemingly insane world.

Respectfully, moo.

I think Travis's reputation was edified by her conviction. Everyone and I mean everyone knows she lies about everything especially the pedophilia. Travis has true friends and loved ones that hold their heads up high and are proud to call him friend. The "friends" of CMJA are only latching on to her for their 15 mins. of fame. God grant Travis eternal rest and let perpetual light shine upon him.

How contemperanous of jodie:floorlaugh:

Actually, I think she surrounds herself, as much as possible in jail, with people who tell her what she wants to hear. Obviously she is desperate or she wouldn't have chosen DB as a friend. Between her attorneys, expert witnesses, DB and most likely her mother she has a lot of validation and people telling her she is a victim and got a raw deal. I would guess she shuts her mind down against anyone who doesn't agree with her so she may have an idea that she is more supported then she is. Remember, she is not online, where I am sure a lot of the hate is and the people around her are probably trying to shield her in their own way.
I also think she didn't come up with this abused woman and Travis is a pedophile defense but most likely her attorney suggested it and she ran with it because it was her only hope of someday getting out of jail. I think the attorneys and experts convinced JA that she really was a victim and that Travis was a pedophile to the point where she believes it. They looked at the sex tape and heard him talk about her sounding like a 12 year old having her first orgasm and that was the first clue for them and then they read the text messages where he calls her a lot of names and there was their defense. The physical abuse was probably thrown in by JA herself to give the defense more credibility. And the people she allows herself to have contact with are all going along with it so she believes she is a victim because it suits her needs. I doubt she would have been smart enough to come up with it herself. Even in the interrogation video, when the lady officer asked her if Travis got mean with her and that is why she killed him, she was throwing her a lifeline and JA didn't grab it at that time because she thought her I wasn't there defense was still going to fly.

DB is very useful. Jodi knows she can probably get Donavan to do anything she asks or wants. Donavan is probably in awe and infatuated with JA. I'll tell you for every JA there is a DB.

I don't think looking at his pics would bother her at all. In her warped mind, those autopsy pics are her finest work.

Pictures of Travis smiling and happy with friends, other girlfriends, his doggie. Pictures of Travis and his loving family.

Not one photo of Travis dead. Not one photo of Arias and Travis together. Yeah. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech