aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought childhood trauma/abuse could be considered a mitigating factor? Yes/no?

She "jokes" that she and her defense team "joke" that her mother didn't abuse her enough.

She truly is sick.

yes! but mitigating for what? (in her case) she didn't kill him, she only defended herself! So it doesn't matter if she was ever abused growing up, she was attacked and defended herself.

if she admitted killing him and plotting it, then she would say OK i did it, but I grew up in a bad home and you can't blame me I went postal!

Ah, good point.

does she have a lazy eye? I think her eyes look funny and have always thought this. Even the ones prior to Travis's murder.

i have a lazy eye too :( thats prolly why she has glasses, concave lense is suppose to train your eye no to wonder, but they gave me a head ache so when i'm really tired i get cockeyed too - its a lot more common than you think

Can't help but comment on the resent photos of Jodi Arias.

You may want to string me up, but I still say she was a stunning young women (photoshopped) teeth or not. She has lost a lot of weight and her face shows it. Look at how she looked when Troy Hayden interviewed her.

Bet she had the right lighting and makeup on then--come to think of it maybe that is why she wanted to be on TV One last attempt at vanity.

Nope, I agree with you. I've said before here that while I do not believe she was a "gorgeous" woman, she definitely had that indefinable "something" that sucked so many people in and whatever that "something" was is evident in the photos before the murder.

She wasn't a "photographer" in my amateur photographer opinion. :D BUT she understood light and she understood where to find the light in order to capture the most flattering shot of herself, even if it took her all day long to get it.

This photo is not the best photo of Arias but it's a good example of Arias understanding where the light is for her:
8730125194_8d6798eb4b_z.jpg

I thought childhood trauma/abuse could be considered a mitigating factor? Yes/no?

I should add, she can say the mitigating factors are she was abused and beaten by Travis for the three months they dated, and she almost died 4 times so this time she thought he would do it for sure, so she killed him.

That's about all she can say, and that won't work either the Jury just said we don't believe your fictional tale kid...

Okay.So I'm I'm spending my day discussing Jodi's teeth.Ewww.
I have seen the light. I'm going cold turkey. That's right. signing off right now. And I'm not coming back until Wednesday. I mean it.
But I just gotta say one more thing: I really think her years in jail have taken a toll on her overall appearance.
That's it. I'm outta here. Does anyone think I can last till Wednesday?... Never mind- I'd hafta come back to find out. So this is it. really.

See you all on Wednesday.

well, maybe just a little quick lurk.
I know you wish me luck, but I can't come back till Wednesday to find out if you do, so I'll just assume that you do.

I have seen the light. I'm going cold turkey. That's right. signing off right now. And I'm not coming back until Wednesday. I mean it.
But I just gotta say one more thing: I really think her years in jail have taken a toll on her overall appearance.
That's it. I'm outta here. Does anyone think I can last till Wednesday?... Never mind- I'd hafta come back to find out. So this is it. really.

I know you wish me luck, but I can't come back till Wednesday to find out if you do, so I'll just assume that you do.

Lol Gilly, see ya in 10 minutes.

Didn't the DT file a motion ( denied) in Feb to the Arizona Supreme Court of Appeals to have the death Penalty removed? What next?

Wow I didn't realise this was done as if recent.day after she was convicted?

I should add, she can say the mitigating factors are she was abused and beaten by Travis for the three months they dated, and she almost died 4 times so this time she thought he would do it for sure, so she killed him.

That's about all she can say, and that won't work either the Jury just said we don't believe your fictional tale kid...

So you're saying not getting an invite to Cancun isn't a mitigating factor?

Nope, I agree with you. I've said before here that while I do not believe she was a "gorgeous" woman, she definitely had that indefinable "something" that sucked so many people in and whatever that "something" was is evident in the photos before the murder.

She wasn't a "photographer" in my amateur photographer opinion. :D BUT she understood light and she understood where to find the light in order to capture the most flattering shot of herself, even if it took her all day long to get it.

This photo is not the best photo of Arias but it's a good example of Arias understanding where the light is for her:
8730125194_8d6798eb4b_z.jpg

The fact that she was slim, trim and in shape was a plus for her

BBM. What new side do you think we saw that we hadn't seen before?

What made the interview a major news hit was not the content, it was the timing. THe reporter scored big getting her reactions so soon after the verdict. That was the hook. And people flocked to watch it.

yes! but mitigating for what? (in her case) she didn't kill him, she only defended herself! So it doesn't matter if she was ever abused growing up, she was attacked and defended herself.

I thought the case the defense was trying to build was that she was abused from childhood on and thus had a series of poor relationships and when Travis started to "abuse" her, it was a culmination of all the times she'd been abused and used in the past, combined with his threatening her life, that caused her to react with murder. Or at least that was one of their theories in the beginning, but as we know, those theories tended to evolve or devolve, depending on how you look at it, as time went on, in the case.

So I suppose if they introduced childhood abuse in the mitigation phase, it would be as a way to try and explain her bad life choices and lay the blame on being abused as a child.

It may just be me, but why are we posting HUGE pictures of Jodi...taking up bandwidth?
I'm personally sick of looking at her... JMO

Yes, Willmott's little hissy fit over a physical reflex single response really pisses me off. I believe that is the reason for the motion to reduce victim impact statements to videotape.... to prevent "outbursts" like she was forced to be subjected to. My god. Has she been taking vindictiveness lessons from CMJA?

I hope they don't allow that. The family deserves their moment to let her know exactly what they think of her and the pain she has caused them. She doesn't want that confrontation, but TOO BAD!!! :stormingmad:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: we will missed you.

I just saw the interview, and technically, she doesn't have any mitigating factors. You don't mitigate a Self Defense claim. The Judge might ask if they have anything to say before sentencing and basically all they can say is "she didn't commit 1st Degree Murder with premeditation your honor, the Jury is wrong, so we are still asking you let her go, she is innocent.

In a Self Defense Claim you are saying you broke no law, you should not be in prison... poor ol' innocent you walked in and you were attacked, so i guess you say don't put me to death because i'm innocent!

I watched the "previously unseen" parts of the interview (boy that Troy is sure trying to milk this for all its worth, ain't he?) - all I can say is that is more lying, lying, lying. She is lying and trying to make it look like her "defense team" told her to do everything - ***** don't put the blame on them - your defense was YOUR IDEA, everyone knows that. What do you think the clashes with Nurmi were about? 'Cause he knew your brilliant idea wouldn't work.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: oh I needed that:floorlaugh:

Again, I don't know anything but the most superficial things about LDS and what membership encompasses and I definitely do not want to get into any discussion about it. But to the extent that this pertains to Travis, I choose to believe that what was in his heart no one knows and I don't accept that he is doomed because she murdered him before he could "formally" repent.

That isn't a slam or critique or disapproval or anything negative towards the beliefs of LDS. I fully own that opinion as an outsider only.

Also, I don't read every word every day so do forgive me if I missed the many times its been mentioned.

Absolutely what was in Travis' heart was good and loving, and God knows this. Travis loved God, and God loves Travis, and has him very near.

It's what was, and still is, in her heart that's black, evil and malignant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member