Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think this country could put you in jail over an unpaid bill. That was done in England but never knew it could be done here.

What these collection agencies are doing is they are suing people left and right for unpaid medical bills as here in this country, you can ONLY get adequate medical care if you have MONEY! When these bills are sent to collection agencies, these agencies then begin suing you and trying to drag you into court every month and if you miss court for whatever reason, they can then put a warrant out for your arrest and the only way you can get out of jail is to pay the medical bills. These agencies have found a loophole to use the courts to justify Paupers Jail. Here in the county I live in if one goes to the county court on anyday of the week, you will se hundreds and hundreds of people being sued for medical bills. I know a woman that lost her kids over this! She couldn't miss work to go to court or risk being fired and when they picked her up on the warrant she had no one to take the kids and they took the kids and put them in Child Services. Lost her job too. Its terrible what is happneing in this country.

I don't really care about the interview... I say let her think ur own ship.... but I don't understand how the interview to be allowed so quickly. Surely there was work that needed to be done considering for change of status. It's hard to believe the sherriff didn't know about this in advance. The interview may have been Jodi's priority but why was it made a priority for the jail?
WagaraTapaTalk

The sheriff said it was arranged through appropriate channels so I don't think it's something he didn't know about.

I don't see it as a "priority," just something that was arranged through proper channels.

The sheriff is very accommodating to the media, and it's not like the judge had ever, in over four months, even shown a minor sense of urgency about anything.

I don't think any of it is that big of a deal. Inmates give interviews all the time.

ETA - apparently Judge Stevens DOES have an issue with this

Hey cricket. Sorry about your brother. I have one of those too. He'll be 59 in 2 months. I hate (kinda) him for doing this to our parents.

Sorry about your brother too.

I believed for so many years as we got older, sicker, devastating diseases and relatives dying that he would come to his senses. My parents died when we were very young so I am glad they were not around to see his behavior. With your parents being older, I am sure it breaks their heart.

Sending you and your parents ((((hugs))) - from someone who also lives it.

:heartluv:

The sheriff said it was arranged through appropriate channels so I don't think it's something he didn't know about.

I don't see it as a "priority," just something that was arranged through proper channels.

The sheriff is very accommodating to the media, and it's not like the judge had ever, in over four months, even shown a minor sense of urgency about anything.

I don't think any of it is that big of a deal. Inmates give interviews all the time.

Yeah, I agree...it wasn't his fault. I would think if he hadn't let her...wouldn't she have waved her 1st amendment rights card to the judge and everyone else?

[video=youtube;WiePr-Vsn6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiePr-Vsn6M[/video]

She's got something else up her sleeve with Troy Hayden.

She says... "a deal is a deal kind of thing, Troy. I regret saying that but I'm a person of my word so I'll keep our deal"..."but I also wanted to let you know if the jury comes back with first degree" (and goes onto set up the interview of verdict day)

The use of the word "but I also" implies that her deal was not the main reason for the phone call, instead this request for him to see her ASAP if the verdict was first degree.

So what is their "deal"? Troy made it sound like the interview was their deal, but when I listen to that message I'm not so sure. Is there more in the works between these two?

????

Moments ago, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office received an order from the Superior Court of Arizona and Honorable Judge Sherry Stephens that from today, prohibits Sheriff’s Office officials from approaching defendant Jodi Arias for the purposes of media interview requests.

We will not attempt to contact Arias for purposes of media interviews until that order is lifted by the court.

Once the court lifts the order, and if inmate Arias agrees to do interviews, all interested media parties will be notified immediately by Sheriff’s PIO via email. Interviews will be conducted thereafter in the order already received.

Lisa Allen
Director
MCSO Media Relations Unit

wait...so if you waive your right to appeal, you automatically aren't eligible for the death penalty?

No, the State took the DP off the table.

ETA - well, it looks like in this case you are correct.

Snipped from the article from CNN:

According to a statement from the office of Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams, Gosnell on Tuesday "agreed to waive all of his appellate rights in exchange for life in prison without the possibility of parole instead of the death penalty." He was then "immediately sentenced."

Whaatt? But I love her interviews! They're buying her a first class ticket to death row....

Oh, I think that ticket has already been purchased. :twocents:

BBM - I agree - in the State of Texas, a "child" can legally move out at 16. I know, I moved out on my own at 16 WITH the help of the police. And they were the ones who told me a child could move out at 16, no abuse needed.

Not to mention my step mother abused me, she had me off the ground, against my closet door with her hands around my neck, and YES, I had bruising.

But thats not why JA moved out. She moved out because she didnt like rules and thought living with her vampire hunter boyfriend in his grandparents house that was "not so clean" as she put it, was a better idea.

:puke:

OMG I am so sorry. No child should go through what you went through. One of the things I have appreciated here is that strong people like you and many others have been willing to share your life stories. It has given me a greater appreciation for the trials and tribulations and how you all have come through the devastation, loss and grief. In many ways it has helped me deal with my own. Thank you for being so brave and inspiring. Hugs to you

I wondered if it wasn't a cya move by KN and JW, thinking, "This will put on record we went to the ends of the earth to put on a defense for this woman, no appellate court court is going to label us as ineffective counsel."

KN and JW will have to defend other clients long after murder JA and they need to dot all the i's and cross all the t's so they can finish up and wash their hands of JA. Their behavior in court didn't always make me like them but they did their jobs.

It did seem the further into trial the more it became Nurmi distanced himself from the murderer. I did enjoy that little play by Nurmi. :floorlaugh:

Back from work, and I see there has been another in chambers meeting. RME...JSS must be sick of her shenanigans.

I think her mother knew what Jodi was capable of and asked about "it" without asking "did you kill him?". Her mother was wanting to know what jodi might know about Travis and the killing, likely hoping her daughter would never have done that. So Jodi told her what she wanted to hear....no...and she had gas receipts to prove it. I don't think any mom could wrap her mind around her child doing that. And now, those very has receipts, and lack of them, and gas cans have helped prove it. But we all know Jodi already confessed.

I think it was the type of thing where SA feared her daughter could be involved, and JAs answer wasn't very reassuring. I mean her mother's question wasn't necessarily an accusation. The question could have been posed much like the 911 operator that asked Travis's friends if they were aware of him having trouble with someone. Under normal circumstances her mother's question should have garnered an answer like, "I don't know who would want to hurt travis," or, "I know travis was having major trouble concerning xyz." But noooooooo, jodi assumes its some sort of accusation, and denies any involvement, further claiming her innocence by saying, "and I have the receipts to prove it."

WHO DOES THAT????????

Unbelievable. I'm sure this was what the closed door secret hearing was about today. Jodi and her DT want to keep Jodi from giving any more interviews and probably keep her horrendous interview after the guilty verdict from the sitting jury.

The jury SHOULD hear that interview in the penalty phase. It shows a cold and calculating woman who still wants to inflict pain upon TA's memory and his family.

Yeah, I'm interested to see who was asking for this (defense or prosecution). If it's defense, well then she's an adult, if she chooses not to listen to her counsel, that's her OWN CHOICE. Just like it was HER CHOICE to move out of her parents' house. Just like it's always been her choice in whatever she does. She doesn't listen to ANYONE.
I doubt Juan would asked for it since it just adds to his evidence for no remorse and her basic kook-iness, but who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiePr-Vsn6M

She's got something else up her sleeve with Troy Hayden.

She says... "a deal is a deal kind of thing, Troy. I regret saying that but I'm a person of my word so I'll keep our deal"..."but I also wanted to let you know if the jury comes back with first degree" (and goes onto set up the interview of verdict day)

The use of the word "but I also" implies that her deal was not the main reason for the phone call, instead this request for him to see her ASAP if the verdict was first degree.

So what is their "deal"? Troy made it sound like the interview was their deal, but when I listen to that message I'm not so sure. Is there more in the works between these two?

????

I've read that he did an interview w/ Jodi earlier this year and it wasn't so flattering (shocker) and he agreed to hold off on it if she gave him the first post-trial interview.

ETA - apparently Judge Stevens DOES have an issue with this

-------------
Correct, I saw him on TV and he said there is nothing he can do about it when the inmate goes through the proper channels, all her paper work was signed off on, like any other inmate allowed to do it, he said she could to. (this does not answer if her attorneys knew much about it, i suspect they did but it's becoming more and more evident she hand cuffed them basically about a lot of things)

Surely we know they would not want her to do that Interview, but as Jodi says, Mr Nurmi is the boss (and since she has still never told the truth) we can translate that to mean he does what I tell him to do.

And in the end from my vantage point, it could not have gone better. I take back all the things I may have accidently said about her Legal team. I think they were smashing! they did a great job!

Hi guys. Haven't been on in a few days but I lurked a few times. WAY behind on post reading.
Saw JA's latest interview a few times more. When she was talking about the gas cans did anyone notice that she said "we" started using them when "we" moved to the desert" Who is WE?

Kind of OT but I think you guys will appreciate this:

Yesterday, I had to participate in a telephonic administrative hearing because my son's father is fighting having to pay child support. He is abusive and is always trying to work the system.

Since I was representing myself, I decided to channel my inner Juan and asked some hardball questions and was able to expose some of the jerk's lies! It was so hard not to end my questions with, "Yes or no!"

Apparently, his attorney (how can he afford an attorney when he supposedly can't afford child support?!?!?!) was channeling his inner Nurmi because he actually said, "Let's back up" a couple of times. I truly had to stop my self from chuckling. LOL.

These things helped me get through what was a terrifying and anxiety-inducing experience for me. It's never fun or easy to face an abuser.

Hope everyone is having a great day and is ready for TOMORROW!

What a great story! I think the thing that impresses me most is that you didn't laugh when the attorney said "Let's back up" (just kidding). Hope everything works out for you.

Actually there has been a movement in recent years of states jailing people for unresolved debt. Everything old is new again.

The "prison industry". $$$ I heard about this a few years ago. Freaking scary. There was one story, I think from Texas, about how one judge was bribed by a private prison owner (I know I am getting the titles wrong) to send minors to some kind of detention facility/prison for rather minor, non-violent offenses. The judge got kick-backs from the prison owner.

I have not even looked on the thread but I just turned on Ricki Lake. KCL on the show right now I think today on the show I am 10 minutes into it. Eastern Standard Time!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member