Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wait...so if you waive your right to appeal, you automatically aren't eligible for the death penalty?

I think in this case it was only agreed upon because he is 72 and will likely die before he could even BE put to death.
Note-agreed upon. No way JM would agree!

PS- I could be wrong, I am sure the legal folks in here can answer better, just MOO (my first MOO!).

They should. She's been convicted, so the jury seeing her in prison garb isn't prejudicial at all. She doesn't have to attempt to project an innocent image anymore, it's done.

I would LOVe to see it, but doubt it will happen.....:stormingmad:

The "Deal" with Troy she speaks of, is they met and bonded back in January 2013 (developed a rapport) And she made a deal with him that if she was convicted she would give him the first interview immediately following her Conviction (1st degree) If she was convicted of lesser charge she would do something else...

So time passes, now she is convicted, so she is sort of saying "I don't really want to do this, but a deal is a deal, I did say you can have the first interview right after my conviction so you better get down there fast if that's what happens"

And the rest is history!

Right. He said that his part of the deal was to not publicize the footage ( apparently hours) of an interview he did with her in January. Wonder if it'll ever see the the light of day? ... OH YES! of course it will. Dunno when, though.

I'm not sure if AZ has the Son of Sam law but if they do it wouldn't apply to selling her art work. She is allowed to profit from her "art," she is just not allowed to profit from her crime, e.g. Selling the rights to her story.

Your right about her artwork. I'm not sure where receiving donations to her commissary account would fall. And how about donations for your legal appeals? It's an interesting question. Maybe one of our lawyers will weigh in.

:floorlaugh:

Shawk ‏@sheilashelgib 9m
HEY JODI: THE SUPREME COURT SAID "PUT A SOCK IN IT". NOT THERE; I was talking about your mouth. #jodiarias
Retweeted by GUILTY AS SIN.

Hi guys. Haven't been on in a few days but I lurked a few times. WAY behind on post reading.
Saw JA's latest interview a few times more. When she was talking about the gas cans did anyone notice that she said "we" started using them when "we" moved to the desert" Who is WE?

Jodi and Darrel Brewer

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 2m
Moments ago, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office received an order from the Superior Court of Arizona and... http://fb.me/27g98TEOl

snipped from the link:

Once the court lifts the order, and if inmate Arias agrees to do interviews, all interested media parties will be notified immediately by Sheriff’s PIO via email. Interviews will be conducted thereafter in the order already received.

My thoughts too

The jury absolutely should see Arias's post-verdict interview in the Penalty Phase. Arias gave that interview willingly, and it shows firsthand what a cold-hearted, conniving murderer she is.

Even the Death Penalty is too good for her IMO.

The jury should also hear that phone call to the reporter that was made days in advance of the verdict - where JA arranged this whole interview.
Shows that she still is conniving and trying to control and play the judicial system.

The "prison industry". $$$ I heard about this a few years ago. Freaking scary. There was one story, I think from Texas, about how one judge was bribed by a private prison owner (I know I am getting the titles wrong) to send minors to some kind of detention facility/prison for rather minor, non-violent offenses. The judge got kick-backs from the prison owner.

The prison system has become a really big business, here are some statistics for the last 10 yrs. on people in there convicted of murder, the numbers are just staggering. It's a problem with no solution.

http://projects.wsj.com/murderdata/?mg=inert-wsj#view=all

Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh Katie kool . is up next on the show after the commercial!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I hope it goes up on youtube. I think it aired at 1:00pm where I am on the east coast... darn!

The "prison industry". $$$ I heard about this a few years ago. Freaking scary. There was one story, I think from Texas, about how one judge was bribed by a private prison owner (I know I am getting the titles wrong) to send minors to some kind of detention facility/prison for rather minor, non-violent offenses. The judge got kick-backs from the prison owner.

i think this story was featured in a Michael Moore documentary.

Moments ago, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office received an order from the Superior Court of Arizona and Honorable Judge Sherry Stephens that from today, prohibits Sheriff’s Office officials from approaching defendant Jodi Arias for the purposes of media interview requests.

We will not attempt to contact Arias for purposes of media interviews until that order is lifted by the court.

Once the court lifts the order, and if inmate Arias agrees to do interviews, all interested media parties will be notified immediately by Sheriff’s PIO via email. Interviews will be conducted thereafter in the order already received.

Lisa Allen
Director
MCSO Media Relations Unit

Just heard on CNN that the abortion MD cut a deal today for LWOP.

Does anyone believe that Jodi's team is trying to cut a deal for LWOP? Maybe if she does a complete turnaround on the stand, admits everything was a lie etc. ? Personally, I do not believe that Mr. Martinez would offer or sanction such a deal. But, I am also wondering if the Alexander family could be just tired of it all at this point?

Little Miss truthwouldn'tknowherifitbitherintheass says she wants death ...aka the ultimate freedom. So... I don't think she is trying to cut a deal.

Of course I'm not serious...

Gently snipped by me.
It seems to me JA does not like the family and being in an in chambers meeting with the family who would be happy to hear motion denied would really tick her off. Oh I guess I speculated anyway:)

...during her post-conviction interview, poor little thing mentioned how distasteful it is to look at TA's kin because they all look so much like Travis, which reminds her of all the abuse she suffered. :laughcry:

The sheriff said it was arranged through appropriate channels so I don't think it's something he didn't know about.

I don't see it as a "priority," just something that was arranged through proper channels.

The sheriff is very accommodating to the media, and it's not like the judge had ever, in over four months, even shown a minor sense of urgency about anything. ETA - apparently Judge Stevens DOES have an issue with this

I don't think any of it is that big of a deal. Inmates give interviews all the time.

BBM

Yes, inmates give interviews all the time from jail.

What kind of an imbecile gives an interview when their trial is not even over? What kind of a person who was convicted of Premeditated First Degree Murder does an interview 20 minutes after being sentenced? What kind of a person during that interview trashes and blames EVERYONE but themselves for the
murder? The prosecutor, the jury, Travis, the Alexander family, the defense
attorneys, everybody who thinks she is guilty. Did I leave anyone out?
:stormingmad: :stormingmad:

Oh, and Jodi, the Christ like person, donates her extra commissary money to the indigent inmates. Oh, and let's not forget, her 20 seconds of silence, head bow and fake sorrow when she spoke about her mother. The same mother who sat in court everyday for almost 5 months supporting a child who does not
deserve that support nor attention. Jodi has no love for her mother and never has.

I do not think her attorneys had a clue of the wrath she was going to spew out during that interview.

:maddening:

Right. He said that his part of the deal was to not publicize the footage ( apparently hours) of an interview he did with her in January. Wonder if it'll ever see the the light of day? ... OH YES! of course it will. Dunno when, though.

I wonder if he will show it also. He would have ZERO creditability for future "deals" with anyone (not just JA) though if he does show this footage. I sure wouldn't do an interview with someone who made a deal then went back on it.

I think it would have to be outta his hands to show it. Like station owner or someone who had rights to this footage. Don't cha think? Idk.

That's probably what today's hearing was about. And I agree with you. Her life is already beginning to change...from this order to being held in closed custody, etc.. I wonder what her pod mates are thinking now...:drumroll:

"Oh, poor Jodi," <Sigh>. "Now, where would she have hidden that surplus of food she tweeted about?!?" :floorlaugh:

Moments ago, the Maricopa County Sheriff&#8217;s Office received an order from the Superior Court of Arizona and Honorable Judge Sherry Stephens that from today, prohibits Sheriff&#8217;s Office officials from approaching defendant Jodi Arias for the purposes of media interview requests.

We will not attempt to contact Arias for purposes of media interviews until that order is lifted by the court.

Once the court lifts the order, and if inmate Arias agrees to do interviews, all interested media parties will be notified immediately by Sheriff&#8217;s PIO via email. Interviews will be conducted thereafter in the order already received.

Lisa Allen
Director

love how it says "inmate Arias" bwaahahaha lol

I bet Arias doesnt like to be shut up...

bwahhaha, no interview for you right now Arias lol

you are gagged lol jmo

I wish she would just say.. I am so sorry. I did this. I was wrong.. I can not believe what I did,... "

Something that makes her seem human. The fact that she could do something like this without remorse, means to me she will always be dangerous.

I can not wait for this to all be over.

Moments ago, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office received an order from the Superior Court of Arizona and Honorable Judge Sherry Stephens that from today, prohibits Sheriff’s Office officials from approaching defendant Jodi Arias for the purposes of media interview requests.

Lisa Allen
Director

So... In other words... the resident genius of Estrella Jail is no longer permitted to commit suicide by giving asinine interviews to local media d-bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps