Aggravation phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put off some errands and have to leave now. I am dying to know what happened. I will take the i-pad and try and check in if I find wi-fi anywhere.

I agree....c'mon people...there are better places to channel your anger than at an old lady in a wheelchair.

I agree, Schuby. Critiquing Jodi's Grandmother and her health issues/ wheel chair use should be off limits, IMO. I posted this earlier today to a similar comment about the Grandmother's wheel chair use.

K_Z wrote:

Just a comment-- we all have no way of knowing what Grandma Arias' health issues may be. She is clearly elderly. She may be a "cardiac cripple" or have respiratory disease that prevents her from exerting herself over long walks. She may have joint issues, or other balance, coordination, or stamina issues. There is simply no way to know just by looking at her and making a value judgement. I hear people all the time making judgements about whether or not they think a customer "needs" the handicap sticker, when they have no obvious orthopedic impairment, and it is upsetting. Many people have debilitating illnesses that limit their ability to get around. My mother suffers from multiple sclerosis, and for years, was subjected to thoughtless comments and snickers from some bystanders thinking she was drunk because she could not walk without staggering. Now she uses a wheelchair and a walker, and is perceived as elderly and ill, not publicly drunk. (Bystanders are much kinder to her now.)

I have no problem at all with Grandma Arias using a wc full time, or part time, as she needs it. We have to remember how incredibly stressful this whole situation is for an elderly person, whose husband is so ill he could not make the trip. Just look at it this way-- the wc preserved her strength and safety from falling enough that she could be there at the trial to support her daughters and granddaughter. I am totally okay with that. I hope no one implies anything beyond the fact that clearly Grandma Arias felt she needed the wc, and not that she had some hidden sympathy agenda.

I really feel for the jurors. I'm sure they've had enough of Jodi and her drama. Now another postponement! These people have lives they want to get back to!

And the thing is...I'm sure the court can't tell them the delays are b/c of Jodi b/c that might bias them. Maybe some of them have figured it out, but I doubt they are aware of all the delays and drama Jodi causes.

Attention Peeps!

Breaking News. Even HLN doesn't know it!

1 arrested after Tweet of courthouse bomb threat

Updated: May 09, 2013 1:45 PM PDT

PHOENIX (CBS5) -
Maricopa County sheriff's deputies arrested one person and had another in custody after a sweep at a Phoenix hotel Thursday morning in connection with a courthouse bomb threat tweeted after the Jodi Arias verdict was announced.

Maricopa County sheriff's deputies detained a man and woman in their 20s about 10:30 a.m. at the Value Place Motel, 1360 N. 43rd Ave., just north of Interstate 10.

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...custody-after-tweet-of-courthouse-bomb-threat

:bump:

I think it is reprehensible that the judge is STILL allowing Jodi to run the show (if indeed this is correct) and at this point she should strap Jodi to a chair and force her to listen to the victim impact statements and let the process proceed in a timely fashion as it should.

The ALEXANDERS AND THE JURORS deserve an end to this circus!!

Whether it be faking headaches, etc etc. Jodi always finds a way to have everyone live at her whims. The JUDGE needs to put a STOP to this fiasco!!

And why a WEEK???? This makes no sense ...

Very respectfully snipped, Moonshyne, regarding both the content and emotions in your post. I completely understand.

Most everyone is saying the same. Your post was the last in the thread, as it happened. I kept and bolded the comment about the Alexander family out of respect for them, as this is all about justice for Travis.

Having said that, I cannot possibly see what kind of shenanigans Jodi could have pulled to get out of this. I thought I saw mention of her white bus pulling up to court. I assumed she had arrived.

I imagine she would have been under watch last night, possibly medicated and there is no way she could have harmed herself in an effort to prevent her appearance today.

We heard of at least one (if not two) threats to today's proceedings. A poster mentioned that a man with weapons and ammunition had been found in a nearby hotel. I would think that a security issue is more likely to be the cause of a halt to today's proceedings. Any other news yet?

Is Jason Lamm a TH who appears on HLN? I'm gonna go with not taking his word.

AZLawyer originally thought there was a 2 year statute that would not allow the family to file but she did some research and posted that she was (gladly:)) wrong, they are able to file the suit.

Also I think the lawyer who is repping the family probably knows about the suit he's filing better than the TH.

JMO .

BBM

If he's wrong, he might need to take the bar exam again. :floorlaugh:

MaryEllen Resendez‏@maryellenabc1540s
#travisalexander family has just been brought out ...standing in a side hall with security...faces solemn.

Where are our WS members/ court watchers? Enquiring minds want to KNOW !

I predict a psych evaluation has been ordered, only thing her attorneys could do after her escapade last night.

I thought the exact same thing when I heard that. Now thinking this is very possible.

I don't think that could be an issue. At all.

I mean, it's not like the court wasn't aware they had those things. It would be strange to say they couldn't have something to occupy their time, when they wait so damn much for the court!!!!!

They weren't saying they were reading about the trial...but playing games, even doing work wouldn't be a problem.

Of course, that's just my take.

1 arrested after Tweet of courthouse bomb threat

Updated: May 09, 2013 1:45 PM PDT

PHOENIX (CBS5) -
Maricopa County sheriff's deputies arrested one person and had another in custody after a sweep at a Phoenix hotel Thursday morning in connection with a courthouse bomb threat tweeted after the Jodi Arias verdict was announced.

Maricopa County sheriff's deputies detained a man and woman in their 20s about 10:30 a.m. at the Value Place Motel, 1360 N. 43rd Ave., just north of Interstate 10.

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...custody-after-tweet-of-courthouse-bomb-threat

Wow - now let me guess. JA supporters :( I won't be surprised when the courtroom is closed to cameras and the public. If that's the way to get this resolved, then let it be. I personally wouldn't mind.

Even I admit this is turning into far more a circus than the Anthony trial.

MOO

Mel

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 4m

Arias' letter to Ryan Burns - sent from jail http://fb.me/K5NaQRHl

---------------------
I had to be signed on to Facebook to see it. It's quite faint and hard to read.

I am cracking up over us here speculating on the cause of this. WS'ers are good sleuthers and guessers, that's for sure!

My money is that it's either a pysch eval or Jodi is trying to fire her attys.

I don't know the legal side of things, but logically speaking she was evaluated by both DeMarte and Samuels using two similar tests that both arrived at a personality disorder. DeMarte clearly stated that she administered the MMPI to ensure that there were no competency issues.

Psych eval just does not make sense. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member