Aggravation phase #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letter: the only danger Travis was ever in with me was 'spiritual danger' yeah, right.

So Jodi has a breakdown? Fake! Trying to appear human for sentencing phase.

JA per Ryan Burns letter "I still indulge in a little resistance on occasion a bit of grinding my heels into the ground." Piece of work she is!

I am not a lawyer but I was thinking about the Manson case. During the trial, President Nixon made an off the cuff remark about the Manson killing people and he did not use the word "alleged." The judge checked and the jury had not read or heard anything about any public figure commenting on the case so that was that until Manson shouted out to the jury that President Nixon thought he was guilty. His attorneys tried to get a mistrial but failed since Manson had deliberately caused the problem himself. The motion was denied.

Here we have Jodi choosing to do something ill-advised -- which is her right to do. However, it could be that her attorneys are arguing that she would ONLY do that if she were not competent (like Cheney Mason arguing that Casey turning down a plea bargain was a sign of incompetence). And if she were then found to be incompetent maybe they could use something in the evaluation that they could use for mitigation.

When questioned, one of the jurors said he wasn't swayed by Nixon's comment because he didn't vote for him. LOL

Attention Peeps!

Breaking News. Even HLN doesn't know it!

:bump:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: oh dear ... this is just too much ... lol ! Again, ya just can't make this stuff up !

:seeya:

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 2m

#juanmartinez now in hall with family and is leading them into the small atty conference room

I'm still wondering if she's trying to fire Nurmi & Wilmott. That would be a big kerfuffle.

I am not a lawyer but I was thinking about the Manson case. During the trial, President Nixon made an off the cuff remark about the Manson killing people and he did not use the word "alleged." The judge checked and the jury had not read or heard anything about any public figure commenting on the case so that was that until Manson shouted out to the jury that President Nixon thought he was guilty. His attorneys tried to get a mistrial but failed since Manson had deliberately caused the problem himself. The motion was denied.

Here we have Jodi choosing to do something ill-advised -- which is her right to do. However, it could be that her attorneys are arguing that she would ONLY do that if she were not competent (like Cheney Mason arguing that Casey turning down a plea bargain was a sign of incompetence). And if she were then found to be incompetent maybe they could use something in the evaluation that they could use for mitigation.

funny her lawyers spent so much time denying her personality disorder. now they'll want to say she's incompetent to proceed.

Attention Peeps!

Breaking News. Even HLN doesn't know it!

:bump:

HLN knows about it... and reported on it several hours ago.

Thanks for updating a few people who may have not heard about it yet, though.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 47s

#jodiarias family leaving courtroom -- media asking for explanation -- but they remain silent

#juanmartinez just left down elevators says he can't tell us anything. Det. Estaban Flores is with him & claims they don't know

If Jodi does push to go straight to Death Row, goes there then mounts an appeal down the line that she wasn't in her right mind and wants to go back and have an aggravation / mitigation / penalty phase at a later date she can THEN argue that the media attention in regards to her case would taint the jury and cannot get a fair trial. Just saying. And an appeal court could commute her sentence to LWOP, or even with parole.

She may just not like her chances with this jury.

So, JA can ASK for and ACCEPT the death penalty in Arizona?!? Well, if there's a person on earth that'll actually do it, it's her!

I learn something every day in this trial!

Thanks for that! I'm not great at handwriting analysis, but I did notice a few things (these are MOO):

Straight up and down – not hot or cold towards the person or people she's writing to (indifferent)

“Y’s” stop at bottom – incomplete sex life

Printing – being understood very important to her

Signature different from body of writing – hides true self!

:moo:

"The only 'danger' Travis was ever in because of me was 'spiritual danger.'"

From the letter to Ryan Burns.

Wow, just wow.

FYI for anyone talking about the civil suit statute of limitations, normally it is 2 years for a wrongful death suit, but yesterday I looked up the statute and found there was an exception where the defendant is criminally prosecuted--in that case, you can wait up to one year from the verdict.

Jodi, Jodi, Jodi. What's the matter, hon? Your first pangs over the total loss of control that is now your life? Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member