Aggravation phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the seething, simmering rage that was just under the surface in that interview last night, I would imagine one of the main reasons JA doesn't want the Alexanders to give their victim impact statements in person is because she's losing the ability to control herself. I really think if this goes on much longer and gets more intense, we're gonna see her lose control. I can't say I'd cover my eyes if she did ;)

BBM

I know it's really wrong, but I love to see them use the stun belt on her.

I've got to be wrong guys. I don't want to mislead anyone! I'm finding lots of articles about victim impact statements affecting juries. I'm not sure when they would occur though, since sentencing is after the jury deliberates and renders a decision on the penalty. Hmmm.

Last year I watched a death penalty case. The victim was Kathy Taft, a prominent and well-connected person in the state. She had been brutally murdered (and more).

During the mitigation phase, the murderer's family members, including elderly sweet grandma, testified about the convict and why there was value in continuing his life via a LWOP sentence.

Then the jury decided upon the sentence. (LWOP)

After the sentencing, the family gave impact statements. The jury decided the sentence without hearing the family's feelings. At the time, many trial watchers assumed the family should speak before the jury decided. But that's not how it worked here.

I guess the states vary...

Wouldn't the attorney for the Alexander's have KNOWN when and if the statute had run out?

P.S. My computer was behaving very wonky around page 3. I could not bring up any WS pages :scared: :scared: making sure it's working right now.

Yes-they can file a suit for a yr after a person's conviction..

Okay what does this statement after this tweet mean:
MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 1m

What We Know: Media locked out Families inside 5-6security guards called Court Canceled #jodiarias fam: "I hope non of the jurors saw that"

It means JA either went bat-***** crazy on Nurm* or her mom.
My $$$ is on Nurm*.

:moo:

Borderlines in prison have cost more than one staff member their job. To handle somebody like JA, it takes a masterful and well trained group of people...which can't realistically happen. Somebody will want to talk with the inmate. That person will pay the price. When you deal with this high level of borderline/narcissism, you must consider yourself a future possible victim because if you talk to them, you will pay the price.

Healthcare professionals are taught to watch for these types of patients because they will pit one staff member against another...

One of their favorite lines is to say..."You are my favorite nurse." then they go on to drop very subtle innuendo about the other staff members.

THEN the other staff member comes in and they will begin the same circus with them. It's truly an amazing thing to witness and very much like quicksand. You often don't even realize it's happening until you are in neck deep.

VERY convincing people.

This has nothing to do with them, or what they're going to say. It has everything to do with how much she does NOT want them to have this chance to express the impact TA's death has had on them, and talk about the great guy they KNOW he was, and how they feel.

She doesn't want to have to sit there, face them, and hear that. I think she's losing her chit over the thought of it.

You are so right about that. I'm sure she can't understand why The Alexander's just don't 'get over it'

Someone said that JM and Alexander family were in the side room watching something on tv that looked like 'news'. I wonder if both families were shown the infamous interview?

Oh good .. BUSTED!! Nurmi and Wilmott must be beside themselves, JA has been IMPOSSIBLE to control ..

According to this the statute of limitations has NOT run out.
http://www.arizonagetwellattorney.com/statutes-of-limitations/

Civil Action Arising from Criminal Conduct:

If the defendant is charged by a criminal complaint or indictment, then regardless of whether the defendant is convicted of criminal conduct against the victim, the limitations period for any cause of action brought by the victim against the defendant for criminal conduct is extended for one year from the final disposition of the criminal proceedings. This only applies against the defendant and defendant's personal assets. However, insurers have no duty to defend or indemnify under this statute, unless the action is filed within the otherwise applicable limitations period. Also, this statute doesn't apply to employers or former employers. ARS 12-511.

I dont think you can file a wrongful death suit until after trial.

Before her arrest and during her interrogation Jodi seemed obsessed with Travis's family. Asking Flores about them, "crying" about things they will miss out on, questions on if Flores told them about her arrest, how often he speaks to them...sending 18 page letters and of course the flowers...

Now she cannot deal with seeing them speak to her in person about what she did to him?

All this...,and creating "art" works of Travis's sister(s)....

Creepily obsessed, no?

:eek:

I'm wondering if whatever JA did that Travis found out about is going to be revealed during the penalty phase.

Whatever it was that she did, she was ostensibly going to call "her lawyer" on the following Monday. It was also something that didn't quite meet the level of Travis outright calling the police on her YET. He WAS going to tell everyone what she had done if she didn't fess up.

The interview of the night before was calculated to cause an uproar, so it may just be about that, but it seems like it would be bigger than that to cause the long delay.

Beth on HLN said part of the reason for the delay was that DR Horn wasn't available again until Wednesday.

That message sounds like there were plans if first degree came down Like Jodi thought she would be busy. If less she was in no hurry. Wonder what the 1st degree plan was. Is it what she is pulling now so that is why she was going to be in a hurry for the interview?? Interesting message.

The plan was exactly what happened. She was convicted of First Degree Murder and she gave Troy the interview immediately after the verdict. She had to steal the show....

I have 2 beautiful chihuahuas and they are NOT yappy. They are sweet, loving, loyal & intelligent pets. I adore them. I love all dogs & all animals.
Originally Posted by prima.facie
I watched her for the first time today. yeah, shock I know.
to me, she appears as a hyped up chiguagua. I cant stand little yappy dogs....I have a big *advertiser censored* german shepherd no offense to those who like those dogs, but that is exactly how JVM appears to me.

OMG thanks for that link....that was fascinating. Sounds like JA threw a fit or something.

Media said deputies were in and out of court room - then Arias family comes out and says they hope the jurors didn't "see that" and the Alexander family comes out surrounded by 5 deputies?

Kinda reminds me of someone else saying no jury would ever convict her. Why do people say such stupid things???? Comes around to bite them big time.

And she said it with so much conviction! no pun intended

Until JA reaches the 'painting with poop' stage of crazy, she is just another lying, manipulative, psychopath.

All this...,and creating "art" works of Travis's sister(s)....

Creepily obsessed, no?

:eek:

The 'art' that we all thought was Travis's sister was actually a copy of a Miss Dior ad. She would have done better to actually use the sister as the model, Dior has had their legal team send her a cease and desist letter....

ITA . . . Jodi is still manipulating and that will probably not stop until she takes her last breath :jail:

When they ask her what she wants as a last meal, she will say meatloaf, because it was Travis's favorite meal. And when they ask if she has any last words, she will say she has no regrets, because by killing the evil pedophile she saved the little boys of Mesa from him. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65