Aggravation phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, sure, if there are no errors, then there is no reason for a new trial.
Hi AZ. Since you're here, I've got a question for you. I'm still trying to figure out how JA can pretend to show remorse if she won't admit she did it. If she won't apologize, she'll get DP. If she admits, she looses her chances of appeal.

Seems like a very fine line to ride, and we know how JA likes to talk, and talk, and talk.

there IS a process where the person can end all appeals, isn't there? i know they get the initial one.

i just recall a case where the appeals went on a long time even though the inmate said he wanted to be executed. you know the one i mean?

Well, if the defendant is not found competent to waive appeals, then the appeals will continue despite his/her wishes. Also, in the John George Brewer case that I mentioned I worked on, his mother attempted to intervene to challenge the finding that he was competent to waive appeals. My recollection is that she lost that attempt, but it did delay things a bit.

Question: So Jodi says in her Fox interview that "she knows what happened".

Maybe she wants to spill the beans hence the seal?

One of my co-workers suggested today that there be a Big Brother Death Match season... kind of morbid, but also kind of hilarious...

Take Jodi, Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson, Scott Peterson, the kidnapper from Cleveland, and a few other psychos (whose names escape me right now)... let them live and compete in that house and see who survives... could be interesting.

:floorlaugh:

There has to be a survivor? Well, that's no fun...:floorlaugh:

Hi AZ. Since you're here, I've got a question for you. I'm still trying to figure out how JA can pretend to show remorse if she won't admit she did it. If she won't apologize, she'll get DP. If she admits, she looses her chances of appeal.

Seems like a very fine line to ride, and we know how JA likes to talk, and talk, and talk.

Well, that's pretty tough to do, yes. In this case, I think she could say that she feels horrible about having killed Travis, and she knows she must have just snapped with the knife, although she can't recall because of the fog, but it makes her just sick inside that she (in a fog) left him like that for his family....blah blah blah. Cue tears.

And the jurors will sit there and think, okaaaaayyy, why didn't you mention this a couple of months ago when you were on the stand the first time? Why did you just coldly say, well, he attacked me and I defended myself? :waitasec:

Ok, so I guess this should be obvious to me, but are you saying that if she changes her story now and admits everything she did, she won't get the chance to appeal b/c she would have lied under oath? Let's say she admits she premiditates and magically comes clean with everything...then can she still appeal on other (legal) issues, like say ineffective counsel, prosecutorial misconduct, etc. etc.?
Thanks

I wonder how reporter Troy can live with the fact that he's aiding and abetting the killer of Travis to kill him over and over.....what a sickening person he is.
If I could figure out how to say thank you in really big letters, I'd do it. You'll have to settle for a heartfelt, I sincerely agree.
He ruined the ONE day of justice that should have been for the Alexanders alone. There is no doubt JA planned the timing with that specifically in mind. There is ZERO reason this "reporter" has to air the parts of the interview that cause the Alexanders even more pain.
He is basking in the glory at the expense of the Alexanders, and I will never forgive him for that.

BBM I totally agree.

What I don't get is why she even has rights now that she is convicted.
I copied the following from ABC15

"Court officials said by email that Thursday's court proceedings have been sealed.

Court documents obtained by ABC15 read in part, "Ms. Arias requests that any and all victim impact evidence be presented via videotape so as to prevent any unpredictable outbursts that interfere with the rights due Ms. Arias..."

Give me a break!! What about Travis's right to have his life? What about his siblings rights to speak their of loss and pain in person?

Ugh, I am soooooo sick of this Jodi show. :banghead:
But, this doesn't necessarily mean the Judge will grant the videotaping, right?

I agree. Death would be her "ultimate freedom".

I'm perfectly fine with her sitting on death row for years. In fact, I wish there were a sentence for exactly that alone. As long as she has little or no contact - no chance to manipulate or kill - as far as I'm concerned she can rot and die in that same hole.
I believe the isolation will be the hardest for her.

That's just plain sick, IMO. She sounds like she doesn't have a care in the world. JA has had nothing but time and trust me, she's spent a great deal of time planning her evil deeds. She's not done yet, sorry to say.

That's just her fakey persona. She was pretending to be an attorney that day. She's toast. She knows it. She reminds me of the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz getting water thrown on her. Her little shenanigans of the last couple of days are her last gasps. She'll get tired of paper clothes and no writing materials soon enough and, "poof", she'll be all better and be a good girl.

Oh, she wanted to hide from the photos. She looks so devastated! :puke:

Can someone tell me WHY it really matters if an inmate commits suicide? does the jail get in trouble or what? I don't mean to sound cruel...but if a person is in prison, who cares? tia

Yeah, do you regret how you killed Travis? "Oh, I just freaked out." Gee, I guess so!

Yes, you couldn't imagine going to the police and saying what you've done because you don't want to accept responsibility for it or face any consequences. Okay.

My husband agrees with you. Every time he sees her picture on the TV, he says, why do people think she is pretty?

My boyfriend says, "I think she's attractive." I get all silent, then he laughs his butt off and says, " Don't you?" Does he REALLY want me to answer that question?!:banghead::stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela