Aggravation phase #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the color of that shirt JA is wearing is NOT a good color for her..... washes her out completely.... makes her look more creepy to me.

ETA - she would have looked better in the stripes!! :floorlaugh:
I think they're going for "angelic" with cream. Barf, barf, barf!!!

My hope is that the Alexander family gets whatever outcome causes them the least pain. Nothing can fix what Jodi destroyed, but the immediate sense of loss and horror can fade.

I don't think that a death sentence for Jodi will accomplish that for them. Giving Jodi a dozen opportunities to appeal will mean that claims of abuse and pedophilia will be heard over and over again. The details of the murder will be debated endlessly, and the finding of cruelty will rely on describing in detail the sequence of injuries and how much pain and terror Travis felt. I am dreading what that family will have to endure today, and I wouldn't want it to be something that they ever have to do again.

I also think Jodi would find a way to become the poster child for some opponents of capital punishment. Just as ALV did, they'll allow themselves to believe enough of Jodi's lies to justify their support of her cause. Perhaps "believe" isn't the right word, since I don't think ALV actually believed Jodi. The mindset will be that she can be presented as a victim as long as you can find experts who will swear that there was abuse and the subsequent meltdown wasn't really her fault. To that extent, she'll be a justifiable means to an end.

Contrast that with LWOP. She'll probably have one procedural appeal where they'll look at what evidence was admitted and how the jury was instructed and rule on whether Jodi received a fair trial. That's it. She might get another appeal on speedy trial grounds, even though the long delay between arrest and trial was approved by her every step of the way. After that there are no reasonable grounds for more legal shenanigans and she'll fade into obscurity or become a punch line for every comedian who makes a joke about a bad celebrity breakup.

Sadly, this crime was extraordinarily cruel and I think Jodi will be sentenced to death. After that the circus will continue. Jodi will enjoy being the center of attention, fancying herself to be the Ringmaster, even though she's just another sideshow for the Anti-DP cause. She'll embellish her story and will eventually find a way to "remember" an account of the stabbing that makes it sound like she was fighting for her life the whole time. Humbug.

Who is the man sitting next to Sam? He has a reddish beard.

ha ha jodi...no control...you have no control...

I see "baby bottle lips" is back in court today (that hole in her lips drives me crazy) . . . I wonder if she will act up today? She sure was busy writing a lot in the first few minutes! :)

How about clicking the thanks button? Does that slow it down?
If so, everyone considered themselves thanked from me.

Asking for grace and strength from God to Juan and the Alexanders.

Not to my knowledge ... at least hasn't told me that, I should say. However, I have noticed that when the threads are extremely busy my thanks button is very slow and sometimes doesn't take at all.

Jodi Ann doesn't like it when Judge Sherry refers to what she did as "The Murder." Boo hoo Jodi Ann. Boo hoo.

She is a fool; a very very foolish waste of skin. Her eyes totally show she is on something. And I'm glad she looks pale. I hope she hasn't slept.

From WAT 1 :

58 s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Mike B is in a blue shirt and Staple Lady has a light teal shirt on. Judge Stephens continues to go over the jury instructions. #JodiArias

This is going to be so hard for the family :(

Juan is going to be on f i r e today

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads