aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi's attorneys asked to withdraw from the case after she was convicted of Murder 1. Is it possible to have a mistrial at this point, after conviction? Just wondering if this is some sort of ploy? Thanks

No. IMO it's just their way of telling us we dont like her either. They file all kinds of motions to get it on the record. Even tho they are fully aware they will be denied. IMO

Faulting her attorneys for failure to present self defense evidence such as her body covered with bruises was a serious harmful move during the television interview. It compromises their standing as effective counsel at a critical juncture in the case. There was then reproach and anger on both sides, Falsity's and The Team's.
+-

I just wanted to share that although today is going to be really hard for the Alexanders, it's my impression that Jodi's craziness and cruelty has never affected them as much as she imagines (and fantasizes about no doubt).

In all of my dealings with the family, I'm astounded at how well the shake off her lies and ridiculous assertions as if they're Teflon and they've never allowed it "in". They have an uncanny ability, in my view, to laugh at her and take it with the ridiculousness that it is.

Maybe they are different than those of us (including me) watching with horror and outrage because they truly and deeply know who Travis IS therefore this is totally ridiculous to them. I don't know maybe it's the "Footprints" thing and they are being carried and buffered somehow.

But I just wanted to share that...it's not as bad as it seems in my view.

I hope this helps in some way to feel less horribly sorry for them at least in one small way.

Thanks katie, your words have actually made me feel a little better about this.
Just looking at their faces, well let's just say it is hard.

I hope the ax comes down on Lolita lizard Tounge Jodi fast.

Charlie, I'm agreeing with you, and in the words of Darren Kavinoky, this one was entirely "strategery,"™®, intended to lay foundation for future appeals.

The only thing that gives me pause is that they asked the judge to shut Jodi up & forbid MC sheriff employees from approaching her with media interviews during the same hearing.

I think that they were so pizzed about the after-verdict interview, they asked to get out of the case.

Anyone have any concern about what she may do if she is in Gen Pop and is rejected by someone?

I have no concern about her manipulating anyone. She is very transparent and youthful in that arena as compared to whom her new "friends" would be. They would see right through her and find ways to use that to their advantage.

I have concern about her vengeful rage.

I tend to agree but I've not heard of this happening before. This is not ethical and if proven a strategic move and not a genuine request can they possibly be disbarred?

I don't know how this works. I don't think they would lay down for JA. Anyone know? I'd really like to know.

She could have told them...quit or I will fire you.

Jodi plans everything.

:woohoo: I finished just about all of my chores so I can listen to the victim statements. I hope they finish by 4:45 EST because I have to go to my brothers so we can leave for Pennsylvania.

DT probably sweating bullets because they have no control over their client and no idea what the crazy person will say when she gets on that stand. Who knows. She may use this opportunity to tell the jurors off esp the way she has glared at them since the verdict. They had better sedate that beech good.

This was a CYA position for KN and/or JW. They knew they would not be removed but wanted it on the record when JA claims she wants a new trial based on ineffective counsel. And she will use that.

Not a fan of KN or JW but they have to earn a living and protect their futures and this was a 'for the record' deal just like KN always asking for a mistrial.

They could not control their client, maybe no lawyer can, but they did their job.

If this was done because the plan is to appeal based on ineffective counsel then why do it after the guilty verdict? Plus it is rather difficult to say that she had ineffective counsel when she was distraught when Nurmi wanted to bail before.

I wonder what would happen if ja gets up and starts trashing Travis once again. Talking about him being a pedo, how he abused her. Would she be stopped? Could she be stopped?

What channels can they watch on death row?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iCarly and Big Time Rush...

...or, at least, those should be the only shows available to these dinks.

Some Tweets today from WAT 1 :

2h Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

hWild wishes all of you a happy Third Person Thursday! Penalty phase in the #JodiArias trial starts today at 10:30am PDT.

The amazing @bethkaras just posted that defense moved to withdraw after the guilty verdict but were denied. lol. #IDontBlameThem #JodiArais

People have been hard on Judge Stephens throughout this trial but do you know how many requests by the defense she has denied? #JodiArias

1h Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

hWild has some work to do before he heads down to court for #JodiArias penalty phase. hWild hwill check in around 10am PDT with everyone! :)

43m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

http://wildabouttrial.com/arias-lawyers-wanted-to-withdraw-but-were-denied/ … #JodiArias lawyers wanted to withdraw but were denied. #CriminalJustice #News #Law #Trial #court

:woohoo: I finished just about all of my chores so I can listen to the victim statements. I hope they finish by 4:45 EST because I have to go to my brothers so we can leave for Pennsylvania.

You're gonna be only a state away! Unless your caught by TSA trying to smuggle an emu through security..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, so I went and took a look. Holy cow. Won't say what I'm thinking, but the "ignore" procedure exists for a reason. Some of those folks come to this thread on occasion, but hopefully they'll just stay there. I for one won't go back. SMH

Shoot, now I'm curious. This is a WS thread? I thought we were all perfectly reasonable and sane? :scared::scared::scared:

I just wanted to share that although today is going to be really hard for the Alexanders, it's my impression that Jodi's craziness and cruelty has never affected them as much as she imagines (and fantasizes about no doubt).

In all of my dealings with the family, I'm astounded at how well the shake off her lies and ridiculous assertions as if they're Teflon and they've never allowed it "in". They have an uncanny ability, in my view, to laugh at her and take it with the ridiculousness that it is.

Maybe they are different than those of us (including me) watching with horror and outrage because they truly and deeply know who Travis IS therefore this is totally ridiculous to them. I don't know maybe it's the "Footprints" thing and they are being carried and buffered somehow.

But I just wanted to share that...it's not as bad as it seems in my view.

I hope this helps in some way to feel less horribly sorry for them at least in one small way.

Who will be speaking...Tanisha and Steven?

get better results for their clearly guilty clients by having them cooperate & express remorse, make amends etc instead of allowing/encouraging them to lie and disparage the victim of their crimes. Sorry, I have no respect for what the DT did here AND it has obviously NOT been beneficial for their client. If anything, their tactics may have ensured death. If I'm on that jury, there is no mitigation that will counteract the treatment of the victim and lack of remorse.

And, yes, Jodi may have been calling the shots. But that is their fault too. You have to stand up to your client too and then get "divorced" if necessary or get her a psychiatric assessment or anything other than just cave in to her. But I don't see why you ever have to follow your client in to the cesspool she wants to create. There is no such "obligation". No one "made" Nurmi put Jodi on the stand and question her about her every waking moment and sexual experience since childhood and let her claim abuse and pedophilia and convenient "amnesia".

The DT pretty much ensured a horrible outcome for their client. Maybe they took a gamble that the prosecutor would be bad and the jury would be stupid or easily swayed but those were bad bets as Juan is well known locally and his juries don't seem to be swayed by lying defendants and they had a defendant who was anything but sympathetic. I really don't know why they didn't insist on a different strategy or get off the case, although I did hear on HLN that they wanted off this week-a little late and no way the Judge is going to allow them to withdraw at this point.

I totally get where you're coming from and I agree to a certain extent, but I really got the impression that CMJA was completely in control of her defense strategy, and they have to follow her within the bounds of the law. If she says it, unless they know certain she's lying, they have to defend her. At least that's how I understand it.

The disgusting things they said and did will insure that this killer does not have any room for appeal based on ineffective counsel. They made sure of it and she led them all the way there to make sure they did. She just didn't realize it at the time.

Every stupid remark she made in an attempt to garner sympathy for herself, her idiotic statements about the nick she received from the razor, etc, Juan turned it around on her yesterday. If she had half the brain she wants to think she has, she would have realized how that sounded after she stabbed Travis 29 times then slit his throat. Who cares about her stupid nick?

But her attorneys had to follow the strategy she wanted. They are bound to her until this whole shebang is over.

I'm very wary of speculating based on nothing at all, but my guess is that Arias has intimated to her mother that mum needs to throw herself, her parenting, her other kids and her husband, under the bus in order to save the life of Arias herself.

Arias's mother baulked at this, so her usefulness to the convicted killer is now over.

As to the rest of this next phase, since I have now entered the thicket of Wild Assed Guessing, I predict Arias will quote from the Bible, The Book of Mormon and possibly Zen and The Art of Motorycle Maintenance.

She will strongly imply that, if given more time (eg a lifetime until natural death of old age) her Fognesia may lift. Indeed, some memories are already returning, and she just needs more time (and a book deal, all proceeds to victims of DV and Pedophilia, of course!) to piece them together.

She will insinuate that the Juror's should not cruelly deprive the family of the 'truths' she has to tell, and the 'closure' that is in her gift' by causing Arias more stress than she has already endured during this trial.

bbm

almost spit coffee on my laptop. two clicks on the thanks button. :floorlaugh:

No gas..yet!!
Thank you, God!
..and thank you Katie (so far)

I hope I can take the 3 year old in arm wrestling..My Little Pony or trial??
We shall see, people. We shall see..
(I am not above using the 'hey, look at the chipmunk!' distraction.
I WIN!!
lol

Dadgum, haven't you ever read Tom Sawyer?

I used to give my kids a container of water and a paint brush and let them paint whatever they wanted (outside). But I'd warn them only to paint certain things. Worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaylacalifa