aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You iz too smart four mee.

And yet everything I "say" to you I am actually "saying" to the precious face of Boycie. And nothing is too smart for Boycie. I heart him muchly.

Am I gonna get in trouble for OT?

It IS kinda late.....so maybe not?

Whatever she says, she knows this is her Swan Song. She'll probably be in top form.

As narcissistic as she is, she can ever apologize for anything she did. Everything she says will be about Jodi Arias

"I feel bad for the tragedy and I wish it had never happened"

"I never intent to kill Travis and that what happened was definitely not premeditated"

"I had no cruel intention to make Travis suffer because I didn't know what I was doing. I had no control of it"

"The world wants to punish me but for those who try so hard to persecute me I will forgive them because I am a good person"

"I want you to remember the good Travis because I love him and I don't want his image tarnished because of this misfortune"

"I hope Travis' family will be able to find peace and move on"

"Whatever is going to happen to me I will try to endure it because I know that's what Travis would want me to do"

I won't be surprised if she says any of these things. Just the thought of it makes me want to puke. :puke:

Mrs. Malaprop has taken great inference at your incineration and inquests an apoplectic.

I know about the circumstances of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern but what happened to Madame Malaprop?

These Jurors realize how heinous a murder this was. The law in Arizona allows the Death Penalty for such crimes. Yep - The Jurors know what she deserves. If this monster does not get the DP, she will be allowed to taint fellow inmates - some that might be getting out soon...And others that she will "coach" if you will - She is an operator. We cannot allow that to happen IMO.

Trying to catch up on the evening shows. Every time I think I'll try to watch JVM, she plays the sex tape. Why is she still playing that thing?? It's disrespectful and unkind to those who love him IMO.

IMO, it is a sensational thing and she's competing with the other female talking heads. They made her wait in the Arizona heat on the verdict watch and then when the verdict came in, they called in Nancy Grace to moderate and comment on it.

JVM's niche is the bulldog delivery--justice now. Nancy Grace has the quivery compassionate justified anger on behalf of the victims. Beth Karas has the even-handed professional attorney niche and Jeanne Kasares is Beth's understudy.

I don't know the extent of your exchanges with her/him, so I'm just basing my opinion on what I saw of that post. H/she seemed willing to take case on its merits, but was commenting on the reflexive polarization of gender roles and expectations regarding media portrayal and general attitudes about their sexual relationship. Your point about the extent of that relationship being in large part channeled only through the defense was a good one. I was just commenting on the larger point she made -- which was defensible and worth considering. I do agree that attempting to link that point to the sandcastle that is the defense in this case was not a good idea.

I agree with what you're saying and what the o/p was saying as well. I'm very vocal and active about women being treated equally and with respect in all areas, I always have been and always will be... Just the same for men being treated equally and with respect across the board (unlike "expert" ALV). eta:I work in a heavily male dominated field, I deal with it everyday, I've learned to demand respect and those boys sure give it to me! There are undeniable gender stereotypes that are dangerous, alive, and thriving.
I think it's worth pointing out that in this case JA was probably afforded more benefits due to these stereotypes whether folks were aware of them or they were engrained.... she's "pretty", petite, "well spoken", and all of the other irrelevant adjectives used to describe her that garnered so much media attention and irrelevant questions to the murder itself... her physical appearance has nothing to do with "how /why she could commit such a brutal crime?" but there was more of an interest in why a "stunning" young woman would do this (as opposed to an "average" defendant). Either way, all of these issues are worth looking at and I'm open to all discussions :)

Yes. And also very, very bad.

Maybe not so much when one is twenty. But when one is forty(mumble mumble), the greasiness is much more, urm, evident, let's say.

Truly, they are a guilty pleasure. But when you have no willpower (like me) the pleasure overrides the guilt.

Of course that being my basic life philosophy netted me Mr. Knot, so, you know.......

Aw, go for it!

I agree with what you're saying and what the o/p was saying as well. I'm very vocal and active about women being treated equally and with respect in all areas, I always have been and always will be... Just the same for men being treated equally and with respect across the board (unlike "expert" ALV). There are undeniable gender stereotypes that are dangerous, alive, and thriving.
I think it's worth pointing out that in this case JA was probably afforded more benefits due to these stereotypes whether folks were aware of them or they were engrained.... she's "pretty", petite, "well spoken", and all of the other irrelevant adjectives used to describe her that garnered so much media attention and irrelevant questions to the murder itself... her physical appearance has nothing to do with "how /why she could commit such a brutal crime?" but there was more of an interest in why a "stunning" young woman would do this (as opposed to an "average" defendant). Either way, all of these issues are worth looking at and I'm open to all discussions :)

Well said! :seeya:

And yet everything I "say" to you I am actually "saying" to the precious face of Boycie. And nothing is too smart for Boycie. I heart him muchly.

Am I gonna get in trouble for OT?

It IS kinda late.....so maybe not?

Boycie boy is snoozin' right now. I'm sure he appreciates your adoration, as he expects it from all humans. Oh, yeah -- that OT thing. :angel: Maybe not? Please? Only being polite.

Awesome!

Heard the good news hours ago, however, couldn't get to my computer until now.

One giant step closer to true justice for Travis...
:smiliescale:

Hello Kitty! :seeya: Yes, it was tough, but a necessary step.

So how does it start tomorrow at 12:30 pm Central? Nurmi calling for another mistrial or do we get directly to the impact statements? If impact statements first, who goes first? TIA

Cue interview with Fox .. I so hope he plays it .. the jury will be stunned to see that.

Yes...but I'm not sure it would be necessary at this point. I think this jury has got her number.

One of THE MOST memorable 3 minutes of this entire trial, picture this.

Me, sequestered in the handicapped stall of the ladies room outside the courtroom, waiting for the verdict today, playing this on my iphone LOUD and holding myself a little dance party all by myself. Only one person came in that I could tell toward the end.

I danced all by myself in there for the entire song, occasionally my dance moves setting off the automatic flush.

Thanks to our dear poster jayarohh for this brilliant piece of ...what, well, brilliance.

Trust me, just listen:

https://soundcloud.com/jodi-mind-tricks/the-verdict-its-not-her-fault

(ps jayarohh is the poster who made that brilliant graphic I was able to gift Juan Martinez the day of the final closing argument, in person!)
That is POWERFUL!! Perfect. BRILLIANT!! (and your dancing was lovely and graceful, indeed!)

Juan did a remarkable job of sealing the murderesse's fate once again today. I kept thinking of a line from my favorite movie "The Green Mile" every time I looked at the murderess. "You're gonna ride the lightening". I think her ticket for that ride is bought and paid for. The next phase is going to be hard for the family, and for us. But she is going to pay the ultimate price for what she's done.

Good bye Jodi.....your fifteen minutes are up, and you're going to answer for your actions. People are so over you, including your legal team. You can only play the game until it's done, and your playtime is almost over. You'll still try to play the game from your little cage at the Arizona State Prison, but your audience will be severely restricted once you're an inmate on death row. You will be all alone, in a 9x12 cell, alone with your own ugly thoughts. Good on you. You and yourself deserve each other.

Do you mean the "verdict" of "especially cruel"?
Today was the aggravation phase, and all the jurors voted her crime was "especially cruel" which makes her DP eligible.
Tomorrow is the mitigation phase - then the jurors will deliberate her sentence.

Sorry, I don't have a link, but (spoiler alert) the defendant had absolutely zero reaction.

Yes. The especially cruel verdict. I wanted to see her reaction.

I know about the circumstances of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern but what happened to Madame Malaprop?

Unlike the two former, Mme. Malaprop is decidedly alive. And evident in an overwhelming number of media reports and subsequent comments. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste