aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I was really depressed. One day I was thinking "I might as well be in prison, in fact that would be nice. Someone brings me food. I can read all day. I don't have to go to work, I don't ever have to leave my "house" I don't have to socialize, I don't have to pretend to be a contributing member of society."

Then I realized that despite my depression, I do what I want when I want. I can get something to eat 24/7. I can get a new book to read or watch a movie 24/7. I play whatever music I like. It's quiet when I want it to be. I wear what I want. I don't have to ask someone to bring me tampons. I can sit outside or sit inside. I can control my thermostat. I can take hour-long baths or showers with nice products til the hot water runs out. I can walk, run, go to the gym. I have a dog. I have gardens. I don't have to watch my back. I can call, text, websurf when I want........ I realized prison was the opposite of what I really wanted, even thoguh it made for a "low-effort lifestyle."

Even if Jodi has friends and activities and visitors in prison, there is so much she won't ever have. She will never have control. She will not have choices. She won't have baths.

No control, no choices, it's still a crappy way to live a life.

As long as she's locked up I'm okay with it.

:hug: :therethere:

Glad you're feeling better. Depression can go to hell for all I care.

I vote yes.

IMO, JA trusts no one and needs to control everything and anything she possibly can. I think that she is oblivious to how people respond to her; she has to be in order to survive.
Agree. I think her lawyers will try to keep her off the stand but she will insist. I think her testifying will guarantee her the death penalty (which I doubt she wants).

Good Morning one and all on this fine Thursday morning!!!

I hope those in Northern Texas are ok.. My prayers are with you all while you recover from the Tornado. Geeez like those fine folks need one of them last night.

I, also, noticed the very chilly interaction between Wilmott toward Arias during the hearing yesterday. To me, it seemed Wilmott just responded the min. to Arias including answering questions, etc.

Arias was doing everything to engaged Wilmott to taunt her so Wilmott had to speak to her. *shakes head* I haven't felt sorry for the Defense Team. However, after what Arias has done to them after what the DT has done for her and pulling the interview stunt, I have tinge of sympathy for them.

On that note, I have fresh :coffee: for anyone needs a mug full or needs a refill to get the brain juices moving!!!

:rose: Justice has been given to Travis by Martinez, Flores and the Judge. Many hugs and love to the Alexander Family and all of Travis' Friends!! :rose:

Amen! Thank the gods it missed us, but it was a scary few hours. Prayers for everyone affected!!!

I see you live in Oregon. I want to visit the coastline.

OT

Washington, Oregon, Northern California coastline not to be missed! My dad and I flew to Seattle, took the ferry to Victoria to see the gardens, then rented a convertible and, taking turns driving so that the other could "rubberneck", spent two weeks ambling down the coast to San Francisco, with occasional inland treks as the mood struck. Absolutely glorious! That was 55 years ago, and still one of my best and most vivid memories.

I wonder if the TV show "Survivor" has that name trademarked? (I personally wouldn't know how - I'm just speculating).

I'd crack up if she got a cease and desist from CBS or the producers of Survivor.

I'd crack up, too, but she won't be getting a cease and desist from CBS. The Survivor TV show logo - which includes the word "survivor" - is copyrighted, but the word itself is not.

One of my neighbors has a tee shirt with "Survivor" printed on the front and a breast cancer "Walk for the Cure" printed on the back. They are given to the breast cancer survivors who participate in the walkathon. Legal and laudatory.

What CKJA and ALV are doing is tacky as all get out and completely insincere, but not illegal.

Now that explains Wilmotts cold attitude towards Jodi yesterday. She kept her distance and all but ignored her. Wowsa. They tried to get off the case. Fascinating!

My opinion of JA not appearing bothered by the verdict yesterday, is that in her mind, she is already thinking about the new lawyers she will be getting for her appeal, or how she will go about getting a new trial, and has begun writing down all the 'attorneydo' notes for the process. Typical JA thinking she is 2 steps ahead of everyone else.

I don't want to live in JA mind, but she does seem to have a die hard way of believing she will get away with murder, so she may feel even if she gets the death penalty, no big deal, she will go to Plan H.

BBM

I agree with you completely. She now realizes that no one buys her act. She thought once she told her "story" on the stand, the whole world and of course the jurors, would fall in love with her....oh poor abused Jodi. In fact she got the exact opposite reaction.

Even after M1, she thought she still had a chance...when the jurors were walking out after the verdict, she did her usual side-step and kind of smiled as they were walking out. Did you notice yesterday, when the jury walked in to announce their aggravation verdict, she turned away from them? And when they were leaving, she didn't do her usual thing...just started talking to JW. I think it's pretty clear she hates all the jurors now and is NOT "praying" for them.

I agree. Jodi shows very little true emotion. It makes her very difficult to read. Up until yesterday, she was very much an actor.

Yesterday, I watched only Jodi in court, examining her expressions. The only time I saw true emotion in her face was when Mr Martinez was speaking. If looks could kill, he would be a dead man. I can't remember the time stamps but I'm going to watch it again. It chilled me to the bone.

Outside of that, her emotions, and lack thereof, can be read in her body language but particularly in her eyes. In many interviews, her eyes often did not show what her mouth was saying. There's even a name for it - lip service.

I do try to be detached and not assign qualities, even though it's hard. I often have to pull myself up. However, there are some expressions that are pretty much unmissable. We all know them and they appeal to our gut instinct. We also recognise lack of emotion or inappropriate emotion gestures. We may only be aware of it on a subconscious level. If we weren't, the human race would not have survived this long. We retain these primal abilities because we still need them to live day-to-day and even survive.

In addition to the record of horrific actions, I am also very aware of my reaction to what I can see in this woman. If you do happen to review the video of yesterday's Aggravation Phase, try and pay attention to Jodi's expression throughout and ask yourself what your gut tells you. I was mostly ambivalent but, yesterday, she chilled me to the bone.

EDIT : Ok, these opinions are controversial. I just read up the page after posting. Just want you all to know that I respect what everybody thinks. :)

Last year I was really depressed. One day I was thinking "I might as well be in prison, in fact that would be nice. Someone brings me food. I can read all day. I don't have to go to work, I don't ever have to leave my "house" I don't have to socialize, I don't have to pretend to be a contributing member of society."

Then I realized that despite my depression, I do what I want when I want. I can get something to eat 24/7. I can get a new book to read or watch a movie 24/7. I play whatever music I like. It's quiet when I want it to be. I wear what I want. I don't have to ask someone to bring me tampons. I can sit outside or sit inside. I can control my thermostat. I can take hour-long baths or showers with nice products til the hot water runs out. I can walk, run, go to the gym. I have a dog. I have gardens. I don't have to watch my back. I can call, text, websurf when I want........ I realized prison was the opposite of what I really wanted, even thoguh it made for a "low-effort lifestyle."

Even if Jodi has friends and activities and visitors in prison, there is so much she won't ever have. She will never have control. She will not have choices. She won't have baths.

No control, no choices, it's still a crappy way to live a life.

As long as she's locked up I'm okay with it.

((((SusieD)))...so glad you are feeling better! I got help and am SO much better now but when my depression was really bad I used to have the exact same prison fantasy.

The best way I could describe severe depression to my friends was to ask them to think of the worst flu they ever had, sore throat, aches, weakness, no energy.

Now, imagine someone holding a gun to their head and telling them they had to go play a tennis match while they were so sick they could barely move. And they would have to go do it every day with that terrible flu... :eek:

Take away the fever and sore throat and leave the same level of interest and that's a major depressive episode.

I don't think Jodi will ever experience depression...just seething growing rage for every day she's locked up knowing she'll never get out!

Arias has rebuffed their efforts since the jury came to their verdict of Guilty, Murder 1. Her attorneys tried to do something about it at that status hearing on May 14, and now again. She has made it impossible for them to render effective assistance of counsel. It is so late to withdraw but the judge has advised them on limited obligations going forward. They can only do what they can do with an obstreperous client. This tells the world that Arias continues to impute her predicament to forces and individuals outside herself. Any attempt to express sorrow and remorse will thereby ring hollow, if she pleads for her life.

:seeya: Good Morning !

I never thought this day would come : DP . . . :jail: - or - LWOP . . . :jail:

It's going to get very interesting ...

:seeya:

I personally wish juror #8 should have waited till this trial is completely over before doing interviews.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

All want to get exclusive no matter how wrong it is..:drumroll:

Her mother is probably the latest target. Everyone but her is to blame. ALV bashed Travis. Thats why this sicko wants her there. Its a jab to the family. I really do hope Travis' family walks out if this subhuman gets up to speak. They have the option. She doesnt. They are free. Shes not.

You just made me laugh as a vision came to mind that during the trial the first three rows of the family side would be empty at one point!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Probably this:

Sneak peek: Unraveling the lies of Jodi Arias - 48 Hours - CBS News

Appears to be additional footage from their 2009 interview.

Geez..... :scared: :scared:

When you go back and watch her interviews after being arrested for murdering Travis, her stories and demeanor really creeps you out.

:stormingmad: :stormingmad:

This is one time in her life where her looks, body and manipulation will get her nowhere.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the DP!

Whoa, I accidentally clicked on the Sequence of Events thread instead of this one.

It's scary over there :panic:

Good morning, sunshines!!!!

Yeah...I kind of ended the whole sequence of events debate in my mind with

......and then she was convicted of 1st degree murder.

The End.

(there will probably be an addendum about sentence)

IMO, the sequence of events is over.

:seeya: Good Morning !

I never thought this day would come : DP . . . :jail: - or - LWOP . . . :jail:

It's going to get very interesting ...

:seeya:

Glad you're around today DGC. It's going to be a difficult day for all of us.
:wave:

I think it's just another stalling tactic--one probably initiated by their client. It would slow things down considerably if CMJA had to get new counsel at this point.

I completely agree. They are probably pissed she threw them both under the bus...but I also think this was to delay the statements from the family. Jodi really does not want to face them. She is afraid they will say what her lawyers have successfully kept out.

How many times does JW have to clarify that if Travis is dead, then he doesn't feel anything.

I'm sure she's confused.

See, she has a client who is very much alive and feels nothing.......

It had to be the most horrific thing he has ever known...:angel2::smiliescale: she does deserve to die for it really she does.:twocents:

It has ordered there shall be no further media interviews with the Jodi pending further court order.

Jodi's request for victim impact statements be presented via videotape - DENIED :rocker:

Discussion is held on Counsel for the Defendant's motion to withdraw - DENIED.Poor Nurmi and JW, oh well, I suppose they gave it their best shot.

Source: http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052013/m5770706.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member