aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Jodi has friends and activities and visitors in prison, there is so much she won't ever have. She will never have control. She will not have choices. She won't have baths.

No control, no choices, it's still a crappy way to live a life.

As long as she's locked up I'm okay with it.

I agree with the original poster that you were responding to, but I see what you mean as well. We (the non-sociopaths) thrive on all of those things you mentioned. A new book, a steamy bubble bath, a hike in the woods, so many things to make us feel alive. I'm afraid the things that make Jodi thrive; manipulating, controlling others, lying, playing the victim, can all be satisfied in general population. I don't want her to have an ounce of satisfaction. Ever. The only thing that Jodi loves more than Jodi, imo, is an audience.

OMG to come all this way and then ask to be withdrawn....Jodi must have had a heart attack! :scared: Esp. Nurmi has been through it from the very beginning....they must be REALLY fed up with her.

I've seen it posted a couple of times now that there was a motion to have the Mitigation Phase withdrawn. Possible reasons, anyone? Surely, this is the only part of the trial in Jodi's favour?

Possible reasons?
1. She doesn't want to give the Alexander family the satisfaction of reading the Victim Statements. She knows she's going down.

2. She really wants (to give the impression that she wants) the DP?

((((SusieD)))...so glad you are feeling better! I got help and am SO much better now but when my depression was really bad I used to have the exact same prison fantasy.

The best way I could describe severe depression to my friends was to ask them to think of the worst flu they ever had, sore throat, aches, weakness, no energy.

Now, imagine someone holding a gun to their head and telling them they had to go play a tennis match while they were so sick they could barely move. And they would have to go do it every day with that terrible flu... :eek:

Take away the fever and sore throat and leave the same level of interest and that's a major depressive episode.

I don't think Jodi will ever experience depression...just seething growing rage for every day she's locked up knowing she'll never get out!

If someone has never experienced depression, they can't possibly understand it. That is a great analogy!!!

I completely agree. They are probably pissed she threw them both under the bus...but I also think this was to delay the statements from the family. Jodi really does not want to face them. She is afraid they will say what her lawyers have successfully kept out.

Yesterday was the first time I was able to look at Willmott and feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for her. She worked so hard for an undeserving client. Oh well. That's what you get when you slander a victim. Being a defense lawyer can be a great thing (think Atticus Finch!) but when it stops being about the truth and when you're willing to step over anyone and everyone to get an unremorseful murderer off then it's no good

Glad you're around today DGC. It's going to be a difficult day for all of us.
:wave:

:seeya: Oh thank you ... Glad you're here and I know you are feeling much better after yesterday :great: !

Yes, it is going to be a difficult day ...

And no doubt there will be :drama: from the :dramaqueen: ...

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

My opinion of JA not appearing bothered by the verdict yesterday, is that in her mind, she is already thinking about the new lawyers she will be getting for her appeal, or how she will go about getting a new trial, and has begun writing down all the 'attorneydo' notes for the process. Typical JA thinking she is 2 steps ahead of everyone else.

I don't want to live in JA mind, but she does seem to have a die hard way of believing she will get away with murder, so she may feel even if she gets the death penalty, no big deal, she will go to Plan H.

Exactly. She is already planning the case for insignificant counsel. And her lawyers are following directions and giving her cause. Though I think deep down that they detest her.

OMG to come all this way and then ask to be withdrawn....Jodi must have had a heart attack! :scared: Esp. Nurmi has been through it from the very beginning....they must be REALLY fed up with her.

I am sure the motion to withdraw counsel was due to Jodi's interview after getting convicted of First Degree Murder. She was trying to clean up her image but did so by trashing and blaming everyone except herself.

IMO her attorneys had no idea the venom that was going to spew out of her mouth.

:scared: :scared:

I have to say I'm actually really shocked that Jodi's Mom isn't speaking for her today.

furthermore, in juans closing he repeatedly called her a liar and the defense team never once objected. to put her on the stand during this part of the trial would be laughable

JMO - her (ALV) first time on the stand was laughable. Should she take the stand a second time, it would be devastating for the murderer. She is of no positive value in this case.

I feel nothing but disdain for this Defense Team. I get that Jodi is entitled to a proper and diligent Defense. I get they were handed in all likelihood a nightmare of a Client. I get that all the intimate sex was smoke and mirrors. What I will never forget is the brutal trashing of Travis. JW's expressions and catty voice tones didn't help either. IMO

I agree with the original poster that you were responding to, but I see what you mean as well. We (the non-sociopaths) thrive on all of those things you mentioned. A new book, a steamy bubble bath, a hike in the woods, so many things to make us feel alive. I'm afraid the things that make Jodi thrive; manipulating, controlling others, lying, playing the victim, can all be satisfied in general population. I don't want her to have an ounce of satisfaction. Ever. The only thing that Jodi loves more than Jodi, imo, is an audience.

I think that lwop and being in the genpop would not be a picnic for her. I can see JA being perceived as a scrawny weakling, despite her overly vaunted braininess and "intelligence." And her snotty mouth would tick off just the wrong person. There's always a "Big Sue" around who can sucker punch and then disappear into the woodwork. Charles Manson was set on fire by another inmate, and Ted Bundy was gang-assaulted in prison. Her tattling and blaming others would come back to bite her big time.

BTW, I vividly remember the horror that Bundy's and Manson's sprees caused. The whole nation was riveted to the TV, incomprehensible that individuals could have this much bloodlust. (This was before these types of crimes became practically de rigeur). JA is not a serial, but if she had successfully covered her tracks and been left to her own devices, she might only have been emboldened.

I smile everytime Jodi is referred to as "former waitress."

It had to be the most horrific thing he has ever known...:angel2::smiliescale: she does deserve to die for it really she does.:twocents:

I was looking at some of the autopsy pictures last night and just started bawling. My husband is like, "What's wrong, what's wrong???" I said, "This case is just so sad." He said I get too emotionally involved (in a nice way, he wasn't being a jerk) but how can I NOT??

I heard on HLN last night that ALV was scheduled to testify if they got to this phase. Didn't know if that was still a plan.

That would be (almost!) hysterical. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I think that was the plan when Dr. Karp was the go-to expert for guilt phase. ALV would mitigate. Once Dr. Karp was unable to fulfill her duties as "first chair", ALV moved up in the batting order.. much to the detriment of JA's case. :scared:

I wonder if Dr. Karp decided she couldn't testify as the defense wanted and therefore "retired" from the case. I would love to know.

CMJA reminds me of a less talented Betty Broderick. CMBB was at least able to sway one juror forcing a compromise verdict of M2. It you haven't seen her parole hearing, take a look. 20 odd years later she still blaming the folks she murdered for forcing her to kill them. No wonder the parole board set her next hearing for 15 years out. There are still people who support her story, but all the violence and terrorizing was on her side.

Good Morning All :)

JW and KN did move to withdraw, I thought so. Motion denied.

The question is - was it a sincere attempt to withdraw or was it a strategic move for a delay and/or setting a place or two at the appeal table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234