aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the killer is made to sit up straight and pay strict attention.

No coloring in her Little Mermaid coloring book during Victim Impact Statements.

I am predicting she will just hide behind her hair. Maybe she'll do a complete comb over like that thing on the Addam's family.

Jodi's attorneys asked to withdraw from the case after she was convicted of Murder 1. Is it possible to have a mistrial at this point, after conviction? Just wondering if this is some sort of ploy? Thanks

Having watched the police interview with Mum, I am not surprised she will not be speaking for the murderer. Just recalling her description of the murderer's behavior after her slaughter spree, the trip to AZ in late March early April, I can't see JM passing up the opportunity to face her with these questions. Mum opens a lot of negative doors concerning the murderer and she would be easily impeached if she tried to wriggle out of some things. Her testimony would end up being more supportive of the prosecution's case in reality.

Good point. Even if she tried to simply deal with superficial issues of character, she'd be bound to open the door to what she said earlier. You're right, it would only hurt JA in the end.

I'm sure that there are many facets and factors in Jodi's psychopathy (or whatever it is). You know, history and fiction are full of stories of heroes, patriots, rebels, etc., who steadfastly stuck to their guns against all odds and were valiantly victorious. The dramatizations of their feats are often thrilling.

Perhaps, (and maybe it's part of narcissism), she weirdly thinks that she is some kind of persecuted heroine and that she is justified in being staunch and immovable in her "quest" and her "principles"...?

I hope the killer is made to sit up straight and pay strict attention.

No coloring in her Little Mermaid coloring book during Victim Impact Statements.

Will she hide her face with her hair or will she stare at them with hate?

Oh how I wish she had to cut her hair!!!

That could work. I mean, it's not like they have a lot of options at this point but whatever tactic the defense uses, it's going to be apparent, to the jury, that her family has supported her by showing up for court everyday. Still grasping at straws, I think.

IMO her mother showed up to support her.

Her mothers twin showed up to support her twin sister.

Grandmom showed up and was thrown in a wheelchair for a last minute attempt at sympathy, she agreed to for her daughter... Not her granddaughter IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wanted to share that although today is going to be really hard for the Alexanders, it's my impression that Jodi's craziness and cruelty has never affected them as much as she imagines (and fantasizes about no doubt).

In all of my dealings with the family, I'm astounded at how well the shake off her lies and ridiculous assertions as if they're Teflon and they've never allowed it "in". They have an uncanny ability, in my view, to laugh at her and take it with the ridiculousness that it is.

Maybe they are different than those of us (including me) watching with horror and outrage because they truly and deeply know who Travis IS therefore this is totally ridiculous to them. I don't know maybe it's the "Footprints" thing and they are being carried and buffered somehow.

But I just wanted to share that...it's not as bad as it seems in my view.

I hope this helps in some way to feel less horribly sorry for them at least in one small way.

She's gonna have to if the judge don't agree!

You're right for now, however, I think the order will be lifted soon after sentencing. Beth K said it is actually unenforceable due to her Freedom of speech rights, but the jail agreed to follow it. She'll talk as soon as she's allowed.
MOO

Yesterday it appeared JA was drugged out - what if she stands up today in her drugged up state does the jury have sympathy for her?

If she was drugged yesterday, it didn't keep the hate from seeping out as she glared at folks after the verdict. She can't control herself. It won't make a difference, IMO.

Every post I read of yours ... Warms my heart and makes me giggle out loud! Thank you:)

Are you sure you're not reacting to what you put in that coffee this morning?

I know. I always seem to move thru phases during Trials. After the horror of the pictures of Travis what bothers me now is poor Travis seeing her evil face and listening to her evil rant. The terror he must have felt :stormingmad: Travis's Sisters pain has tore me up more days than I can count. Now it's Steven who just brings me to my knees.

YES!! Even with all I've seen and read - hearing the descriptions of what he saw, what he heard, what he felt like (weakness as his heart emptied of blood) and the likelihood that he was screaming in pain ~~~~~~~ all of this kept me awake last night and now today - I've imagined the pain of his family but I know they will say things I had not considered and it will be sad,sad,sad....:tears::tears::tears:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...as-lawyers-wanted-to-withdraw-but-were-denied
ABC15 - Phoenix, AZ 5/16/13

Jodi Arias trial update: Jodi Arias lawyers wanted to withdraw but were denied

Snipped:

PHOENIX - Attorneys for Jodi Arias asked to step down from the case after their client was convicted of first-degree murder, but a judge denied the request.

Snipped:

Legal experts have said that Arias complicated efforts for her defense when she gave an interview to KSAZ minutes after her conviction Wednesday, saying that she preferred death over life in prison.

Odds are better pigs will fly!

She'll never show remorse. She'll be blaming Travis all the way to the needle in her arm. I can hardly wait until they haul her off in chains to her cell on death row. That ought to take the wind out of her sails.

Good morning! Woke up late, checked FB, and saw WAT's update on the DT wanting out.

LOL. ROFL. HAHAHAHA.

Ohhhh boy today is going to be interesting!

I agree. She probably won't apologize, because JA does not like being wrong, and admitting guilt would be admitting she was wrong. But Little Missy SO likes to be the super-center of attention. She may show remorse just to grab the spotlight by shocking the hell out of everybody!

ITA. Her vanity seems to have been her downfall, in so many ways. She also appears to be totally unequipped to deal with rejection of any kind, either by Travis or the public. Kind of, love me or else ... !!

According to HLN:

Inmates on death row
There are currently 122 males and 3 females on death row in Arizona. Although Debra Milke's conviction was recently overturned, she's still on death row, according to the Arizona Department of Corrections.

The cell
•12 ft. by 7 ft. cell; 86 square feet
•All solo cells
•Bed built into wall (hard surface bed)
•Blanket and pillow
•Stainless steel toilet and sink
•Shelving across one side of bed, which could be used as a desk
•Small chair
•Personal items can be displayed in the cell and there are two small and very thin windows
•Allowed to buy a small radio or TV

Meals
Inmates are fed 19 meals a week, three meals a day Monday through Friday and only two meals a day on the weekend. Death row and maximum security inmates eat all of their meals in their cells. There is no cafeteria-style setting.

Life
Inmates on death row in Arizona have access to recreation three times a week for periods of two hours at a time. So if Arias is given the death penalty, she would get a total of six hours per week outside her cell. According to Wilder, these outdoor recreation areas are pretty small -- not much bigger than the cells -- and inmates spend this time alone. But on non-recreation days, inmates are limited to their cell and could spend up to 24 hours at a time in there. Other privileges allowed to prisoners are pretty basic:
•No Internet
•Books and commissary allowed for maximum security inmates
•Library on site; Books can be requested
•Interviews only done over the phone

Showers
Inmates are allowed to shower three times a week. Showers are next to the cells and inmates usually shower after their recreation periods. Inmates shower alone.

Contact with outside
Maximum security inmates get one 15-minute phone call per week and calls are made from the cell with a phone that is brought to the inmate. But all inmates are allowed to send and receive mail. All inmates are limited to one non-contact, two-hour visit per week, during which the inmate can only speak to the visitor through glass.

Death row before execution
The average amount of time an inmate spends on death row in Arizona is 12 years, but it's possible it could be much longer or much shorter. The last execution in Arizona took place in 2010. The inmate executed had spent 18 years on death row

Wait a minute.....help me out, folks.

I just went and read Beth K's twitter and I can't find where she says that Jodi's mom isn't speaking on her behalf.

Can someone link me up?

No link Beth said it on HLN's

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...as-lawyers-wanted-to-withdraw-but-were-denied
ABC15 - Phoenix, AZ 5/16/13

Jodi Arias trial update: Jodi Arias lawyers wanted to withdraw but were denied

Snipped:

PHOENIX - Attorneys for Jodi Arias asked to step down from the case after their client was convicted of first-degree murder, but a judge denied the request.

Snipped:

Legal experts have said that Arias complicated efforts for her defense when she gave an interview to KSAZ minutes after her conviction Wednesday, saying that she preferred death over life in prison.

Dude. Wait. What???????????? :drumroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member